Sponsored

What's with all the clicking and clacking the Bronco makes when shut off?

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think at least part of this can be attributed to the fact its a relatively spartan vehicle that sits up high, which means less noise cancellation and more noises from below, whereas a "normal" vehicle is built to avoid more of that stuff.
Sponsored

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you! As an added note, if you find yourself depressing the brake and starting the truck sometime in the middle of this series of clicks the dash will throw all kinds of abs and traction/trail lights...which promptly disappear...so far doesn't seem to have caused any permanent issue and after reading that i don't imagine it will...

@Ksjrb03 where's this week's two posts on this 2.7 EBB thing?

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been wondering about this myself...

Key inside the house and not moving. HOURS or sometimes a day since I've driven. Not even touching the Bronco, sometimes just walking through the garage click click.....click....

Could the APP be doing something proximity-based? I almost certainly had my phone on me in those occasions.

msujay2012

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's a Bronco. You are hearing its horseshoes on your garage floor.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been wondering about this myself...

Key inside the house and not moving. HOURS or sometimes a day since I've driven. Not even touching the Bronco, sometimes just walking through the garage click click.....click....

Could the APP be doing something proximity-based? I almost certainly had my phone on me in those occasions.
Exactly. Yesterday I was working on it, made sure I didn't have the key anywhere near it and it just seems to constantly "talk to you".

I totally get making noise when you first shut down, I can even understand making noise say 30 minutes after you shut down.

But once it settles down, I would expect it to stay down and it doesn't.... Just constantly seems to "check in"

One of these days when I'm really bored, I'll have to go out in the garage after letting it sit overnight and without touching anything hang out for a while and see if it still making noise.
Sponsored