Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One word, mosquitos!!!
I only take the doors off for hard trails so I can see my front tires to get good placement. I love them off but when you get into bugs it’s bad.
Sponsored

OP
OP

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well...perhaps I'm being naive...but this will not be my primary vehicle. I live in NC and aside from about 4 months a year the weather here is plenty nice for top down and doors off. She'll be parked in the garage at night...but my plans are a soft top with the doors off...highway, beach, trails...doesnt matter! I guess we'll see how that goes!

Undecided

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2002 Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Top off, doors off wheeling is pretty restricted by locality, weather and purpose. Wheeling trips are often not local. That usually means distance traveling, undependable weather, and a need for secure storage. wheeling in the dust, mud, snow, etc. can also be a factor for some.

When the wheeling is close by and the weather is good, top & doors can stay at home in the garage. :cool:

OP
OP

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Top off, doors off wheeling is pretty restricted by locality, weather and purpose. Wheeling trips are often not local. That usually means distance traveling, undependable weather, and a need for secure storage. wheeling in the dust, mud, snow, etc. can also be a factor for some.

When the wheeling is close by and the weather is good, top & doors can stay at home in the garage. :cool:
Unless of course you have a soft top and doors that can be stowed in the back! Just sayin! ?

Kind of a game changer if you ask me!

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My idea of off-roading is a wide-ass open, bad ass "dune buggy" lookin vehicle getting it done...

What am I missing here?
You are missing the entire point of the Bronco.

It can do all that off-road and dune buggy stuff but also take you and your SO to dinner in style and then to work the next day without breaking a sweat.

Know any dune buggies that can do all that while looking so dashing??

Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a soft top and normally go with top down (see avatar). But spending hours on dirt results in SO MUCH DUST inside the cabin I always curse myself when I get back home. I don't baby/fret over dust in the Jeep that much, but a brown haze over everything inside isn't fun either so I still do a halfway job dusting/cleaning it anyways.

But then the following weekend I go do the same thing... Probably if I didn't have such a short drive home from the trails (or was spending the night somewhere) I would probably be more careful.

OP
OP

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are missing the entire point of the Bronco.

It can do all that off-road and dune buggy stuff but also take you and your SO to dinner in style and then to work the next day without breaking a sweat.

Know any dune buggies that can do all that while looking so dashing??
Nah...the F250 is for working around the house, hauling the boat to the lake and daily driver...the wifes BMW X5 is for going out to dinner in style and the Bronco is 100% for Dune Buggying!!! ?

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been doing this since I was 15, from quads to buggies, my first licensed vehicle was a 70 bronco, from there I had lifted late 70’s broncs, lifted trucks and eventually made my way into the jeeps. Each one had their own advantages and disadvantages, depending on surface and terrain. I’m at the age now (40. Yes. Ancient.) where I enjoy most any terrain, as long as I can do it comfortably and in A/C or heat (season contingent)
To me, the small to mid SUV’s like the Jeep and soon to be bronco offers the best overall versatility while maintaining creature comforts. As much as I enjoyed all of my toys for one reason or another, these to me offer the best overall experience.
Opinions vary of course, just my .02

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nah...the F250 is for working around the house, hauling the boat to the lake and daily driver...the wifes BMW X5 is for going out to dinner in style and the Bronco is 100% for Dune Buggying!!! ?
Fair enough but I did say do all that while looking so dashing!?

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Jeep doors are off 95% of the time. There is almost always a bikini top or hard top on it. I really don't care about getting a little wet if it rains. I would wheel with my doors off on most trails if the weather looked like it was going to be somewhat decent, was not a very buggy place, and not a close trail with branches whacking you.

The biggest problem is that most trails we go to are nowhere near home. We are usually on a road trip. I would have to take the doors off and then carry them into the hotel to store them while wheeling. I am hoping that the Bronco doors are easier to take off and store in the hotel or camper. I much prefer wheeling with the doors off! I'm not into being practical when I go wheeling. It's all about the fun.

I wouldn't plan on carrying the doors in the back if you are hitting trails. Way too much movement and knocking around. Unless there is a way to strap them in very securely of course.

I have the carpet out of my Jeep. I leave a couple of the floor drains open to let water run out if it rains hard. I am getting MGV and the rubber floors in the Bronco. It will be getting rained in all the time also.

Sponsored

airrick

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of good replies in this thread.

In my opinion the optimal time to take the doors off on a jeep is to do a lightly travelled dry trail close to your house on a nice day and you plan to go straight home after. It's fun to get a better view of the trail, and makes it easy for hopping out and taking pics or hanging out the side to see your wheels.

Normally, you don't feel like getting dirty, want to make clean up easier, don't feel like taking the doors off and storing them in your living room, want to leave the vehicle and not have someone steal your stuff, don't feel like getting sun burned, wind blown, hot, cold, have the dogs jump out, etc

Try hitting a mud hole (or big puddle) with any speed and it will quickly be raining mud inside the cabin and on you.

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm looking forward to doors and roof off wheeling. Here in the PNW July, August and September are the tree best things about the area!. The Jeep peeps I wheel with typically have doors and roof off, the hardcore ones don't even bring them but most leave them at camp. Riding in rigs with the doors and windows open is a totally different experience, you are in nature more than driving thru it. Yes I love having a closed cab for dust, mosquitoes, etc. but mostly I have just been Jealous. Heated seats are awesome for when it gets cooler in the evening.

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am thinking getting the tube doors and possibly having some fabric skins made up that can snap in

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, I agree totally. If I could save a few thousand dollars, I’d order mine without a top or doors at all. They’re just going to take up space in my garage. I’ll be Bimini top year round. That’s why I’m so pissed I can’t get heated seats?

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What doors? Haven't had mine on for 6 months.
Sponsored