The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't get why Ford has all these different tire sizes on some of these models.

Base 30" tires

Big bend 32" tires

Black Diamond 31.6" tires

Outer Banks 32" tires

I didn't list the Badlands because 33s make sense and the Wildtrak because Sasquatch.

As far as the ones listed why couldn't they just put 32s on all of them? I don't get it. The real head scratcher to me is the Black Diamond. Even the Base you really couldn't just throw 32s on from the factory? Its not like they are crazy expensive.

What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't get why Ford has all these different tire sizes on some of these models.

Base 30" tires

Big bend 32" tires

Black Diamond 31.6" tires

Outer Banks 32" tires

I didn't list the Badlands because 33s make sense and the Wildtrak because Sasquatch.

As far as the ones listed why couldn't they just put 32s on all of them? I don't get it. The real head scratcher to me is the Black Diamond. Even the Base you really couldn't just throw 32s on from the factory? Its not like they are crazy expensive.

What do you guys think?
They want you to buy up to a higher trim. Go look at Rubicon all day and then look at a stock wrangler sport base model... U notice the tire size immediately

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
They want you to buy up to a higher trim. Go look at Rubicon all day and then look at a stock wrangler sport base model... U notice the tire size immediately
Then why does the Black Diamond have smaller tires then the Big Bend? And all these models i named have the same suspension. The Jeep Wrangler Sport and Rubicon do not.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The base is just a raw platform. They’re giving you the cheapest of everything so you can mod it at your leisure. Kind of a pay as you go philosophy. If you want more standard equipment it’s available but you have to pay for the trim or the options

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The base is just a raw platform. They’re giving you the cheapest of everything so you can mod it at your leisure. Kind of a pay as you go philosophy. If you want more standard equipment it’s available but you have to pay for the trim or the options
What about the smaller tires on the Black Diamond though? I get the Base even though 32s aren't much more expensive then 30s and they could have just thrown them on. But the Black Diamond for what it is I feel like should be coming with bigger tires. No?

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about the smaller tires on the Black Diamond though? I get the Base even though 32s aren't much more expensive then 30s and they could have just thrown them on. But the Black Diamond for what it is I feel like should be coming with bigger tires. No?
Depends on what kinds of deals they can work with the tire manufacturers and what price points and profit margins they’re trying to hit.

Maybe the engineers recommended 33s standard for BD but the bean counters said no. Unless we get some insider info we’ll be guessing.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They wanted a slightly wider tire (265 v 255) but 265/75r17s aren't a common size so they weren't able to keep the same aspect ratio hence the drop down to the much more common 70 ratio in that width.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends on what kinds of deals they can work with the tire manufacturers and what price points and profit margins they’re trying to hit.

Maybe the engineers recommended 33s standard for BD but the bean counters said no. Unless we get some insider info we’ll be guessing.
Yeah I'm sure that's what it is. But the 31.6 inchers are such a weird size. Especially when the Big Bend has 32s. I dont know. Lol..

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I'm sure that's what it is. But the 31.6 inchers are such a weird size. Especially when the Big Bend has 32s. I dont know. Lol..
It's a difference of 5/16ths. Ha. I'm not sure I care much. That's close enough to 32 for me.

Sponsored

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree with the op most the tire sizes do not make sense. The tires on the bd would be so much better as 33's.

Also, the base model is built to mod with bigger tires and wheels. However it does not appear you will be able to have a lower gear ratio in AT that will allow for larger tires, except for sq.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
265/70/17 is actually the least weird size of the bunch, it's fairly common on trucks, it's on the 4Runner, it's been used on Wranglers, etc. There are lots of choices in AT tires in that size. Not so much in some others.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
265/70/17 is actually the least weird size of the bunch, it's fairly common on trucks, it's on the 4Runner, it's been used on Wranglers, etc. There are lots of choices in AT tires in that size. Not so much in some others.
I just wish they would have went a little bigger on everything. They probably went this direction because they want a lot of people to buy the Sasquatch package. Thats fine if its affordable. They need to release the dam pricing already so we all know what direction to go in.
Sponsored