nameuser

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Halfcab
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Of all the vehicular fluids I get on my face and hands and eventually taste for the rest of the day, ATF is the one I hate the most. And behind coolant there is the most of it by volume. I will stick with a manual that has maybe a few quarts in it. Gear oil has a nice earthy musky taste. Also automatics think they are smarter than you. Maybe they are but the heart wants the gear that the heart wants.
I was kind of on the borderline between auto/manual but the fact that gear lube tastes better than ATF seals the deal for a manual.......
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh boy guys alot of new manual trannys use atf ?

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Of all the vehicular fluids I get on my face and hands and eventually taste for the rest of the day, ATF is the one I hate the most. And behind coolant there is the most of it by volume. I will stick with a manual that has maybe a few quarts in it. Gear oil has a nice earthy musky taste. Also automatics think they are smarter than you. Maybe they are but the heart wants the gear that the heart wants.
You only need a shot glass of gear oil to be satisfied all day long.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do hate leaning head into a nice puddle of 80 100w though when under car.

Sponsored

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 of my kids learned to drive a stick on my JK, i want my son to learn to drive a stick... and there aren’t many cars matching those criteria:
- convertible top
- can tow trailer with kayaks or to Home Depot
- has a stick

Stick driving is a skill that i believe is important to have.

Mike978

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2 of my kids learned to drive a stick on my JK, i want my son to learn to drive a stick... and there aren’t many cars matching those criteria:
- convertible top
- has a stick

It is important to have that skills.i speak as an owner of a manual MX-5 Miata. However evn o. That car auto makes up a lot of sales. For the Bronco, as with the wrangler, the manual will be a single digit percentage of sales over time. Ford should be applauded for giving you the option on four trim levels, much wants more but they have a lot of build configurations for a mid volume vehicle.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

- convertible top
- has a stick

It is. It's good to be able to hop in any vehicle and drive it. I got a job once, that wasn't even a driving job per se, but the work truck was a stick. I was the only candidate who could drive one.

If you ever go to Europe and rent a car you better hope you can drive stick too.

I don't think everyone needs a standard. I don't care much about the debate. But I think you should definelty have the skill if nothing else.

Last edited:

Deleted member

- convertible top
- has a stick

@_2020_, Amen!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For many of us it's a preference thing. Autos have gotten so good over time that in many ways they're more efficient, convenient, and adaptable than manuals, but I am one of those people who just prefer rowing my own. I feel more connected with my vehicle and with my drive. I will drive a manual as long as a transmission is needed, and I hold out hope that in the final days of ICE-only vehicles when they are a niche product the last ones that are built still have a manual transmission.

Sponsored

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be honest. For me, there is no principle behind it... no philosophical reason. It's totally passion. I just love driving a manual. Always have, always will.

I had essentially conceded that my current car might well be my last ICE car and my last stick. Then the clouds parted and the Ford gods sent down their only true son... the 2021 Ford Bronco. And through it, I have been saved.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me a manual is more engaging. Its more fun. You feel like your controlling the experience vs a robot driving.

When it comes to Muscle cars or offroad vehicles i prefer a manual.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Eh, stick if fine but that clutch can wear on your after a few hours of stop and go. I can go either way but will not be upset if I am forced to a automatic.