Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All the more reason to get a manual transmission... It already comes with the City gear!
Ford Bronco What's with the manual trans hype? City.JPG

?
When I drove the 401 in Toronto every day for years I would have killed for the "city" gear.

PR4X4

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ and Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Manual is all I’ve ever driven, I mean not exclusively I drive autos from time to time. When I drive my wife’s car and have to make a sudden stop my left foot instinctively looks for the clutch and my right hand reaches for the shifter. Just habit, nothing against autos I guess I’m getting old and stuck in my ways.

Sponsored

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manual is all I’ve ever driven, I mean not exclusively I drive autos from time to time. When I drive my wife’s car and have to make a sudden stop my left foot instinctively looks for the clutch and my right hand reaches for the shifter. Just habit, nothing against autos I guess I’m getting old and stuck in my ways.
Worse is when your left foot substitutes the brake for the clutch!
I may or may not have done that a few times in my wife's car. :rolleyes:

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Worse is when your left foot substitutes the brake for the clutch!
I may or may not have done that a few times in my wife's car. :rolleyes:
Ford Bronco What's with the manual trans hype? giphy (2)

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I noticed Ford’s website lists the 4-door base model with the 10 speed auto as a standard equipment. This would explain the huge price jump between the base 2 door and 4 door versus the other trims.

Edit: I also noticed that the other trims upgrade from 2 door to 4 door cost about $2400-2600 across the board. If the base 4 door DOES come standard with the 10 speed, then I guess that means we can expect the 10 speed to cost about $2500. Just a guess though, I’m probably missing something.

Can anyone confirm?
E127F299-31CB-4D7A-997F-78DDAE263305.png

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you want to be really engaged in the driving experience, consider a manual wiper mod on your Bronco!
wypermanuelDELUXE01-large.jpg

Deleted member

@Mopar2Bronco2021,. good catch with the transmission. I hadn't seen that before. Certainly changes the value proposition when considering the available options if the auto is standard.

Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Mopar2Bronco2021,. good catch with the transmission. I hadn't seen that before. Certainly changes the value proposition when considering the available options if the auto is standard.
Yea that could change up my decision process a bit if it holds true.

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I told my daughter today that teaching her and her brothers how to drive a stick might be the last thing I ever teach them.

kimberbrowski

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have already explained that you have MORE control over a vehicle with a manual than with an auto.

It appears you can't handle the truth. Son, we live in a world that mainly has autos, and those autos require little to no thinking. Who's gonna drive a manual? You? Your wife? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the manual option and you curse the those who get them. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that manuals are pure fun and require real driving. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves manuals! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want to keep manuals alive. You need me to have one. We use words like "gears", "slipping the clutch", "double clutching" and "engine braking". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to someone who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very transmission freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest learn how to drive a manual and actually order one. Either way, I don't give a JEEP what you think you about the only real way to drive!
Too f@#$%ing funny!?

I currently have a 1974 Bronco with "three on the tree" MT. I plan to sell it and buy a new 2 door BD with a MT. I hate the idea of selling it, but I really want a new one and just can't justify keeping both. With that said, I sure as hell don't want go to a boring AT. I too am also very disappointed in having to settle for a smaller engine to get the MT. ?

kimberbrowski

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure you are 100% right. However, 90% of that 95% are soccer moms. That leaves about 50% of the ones that buy the jeep for off road use choosing manuals.
Yep. And 100% of that 95% are upset about no ac vents in the back row.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Too f@#$%ing funny!?

I currently have a 1974 Bronco with "three on the tree" MT. I plan to sell it and buy a new 2 door BD with a MT. I hate the idea of selling it, but I really want a new one and just can't justify keeping both. With that said, I sure as hell don't want go to a boring AT. I too am also very disappointed in having to settle for a smaller engine to get the MT. ?
I wouldn't be disappointed in the 2.3 if I were you. Its a good engine. Stock it already has more power then most older v8s from not that long ago. Ford will be releasing a tuner for the 2.3 as well just like they did with the Mustang. And you'll have plenty of power covered under warranty.
Sponsored