Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went with a manual because I've always driven a manual. I actually regret not switching over to an auto once and for all with the Bronco. Oh well.
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stay strong, lol. The 2.7 and getting it this year trumps the manual, for this guy anyway. All bets are off if I get pushed though.
I'll take my 2.3 that isn't likely to grenade itself and my manual over the 2.7 ;)

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My old Jeep, and Pathfinder were MT (which I liked), so I went the same way with the Bronco. It’s only hype if you “hype it up”.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Ram 1500 Rebel for work, love the truck, but also have an A4 I'm going to sell that's manual so I can use it towards this beast.

I've driven Stick to NH and back twice, I driven it in all 5 boroughs, and the only reason I don't DD it anymore is I don't need a Sedan and have had new car lust forever, plus I never owned a brand new manual.

Why for me? Because you're in control, it's more engaging, makes you feel a bit like a Manly Badass Hero and because if I wanted an automatic, I'd wait for them to arrive on the lots and just settle
What I said there, but after owning it for 7 months and a road trip to Florida and back (1k miles too and another from)

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went 7MT because a clutch is cheap and easy to replace, I enjoy a manual, automatic’s have cost me a small fortune over the years, and I hate the adaptive memory on the modern transmissions, I want it to shift like I want whether in poking around or or trying to kill it.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hype, couldn't get past the feel of the transmission. Way to much like a fwd manual and my brother's fiesta st. I guess I was spoiled with my last Nissan Manual and a few BMWs. Not sure why they put a cable shift transmission in.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just hate driving an automatic. No Manual in the Bronco and I would have bought another Mustang, or a stupid Taco.
The manual in the newer Taco is pretty terrible to drive, I test drove one in 2020 and ended up buying the automatic in 2021. The manual was slow, not geared as well as my Bronco, and there was a bracket that made it hard to fit my size 16 foot on the clutch pedal.

I agree, no manual no Bronco for me.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've had the following offroad rigs:
79 CJ5 -- 3 spd manual
82 CJ7 -- 5 spd manual
92 YJ -- 5 spd manual
95 XJ -- 5 spd manual
02 TJ -- 5 spd manual
79 F150 -- 4 spd manual
11 Ram 1500 -- 5 spd automatic
16 Tacoma -- 6 spd Automatic.
06 KJ -- 5 spd Automatic
95 Xplorer -- 5 spd automatic

Almost never have I been driving automatic and wished I had a manual. But there's been many times, especially when rock crawling with some of my more built rigs that I've wished I was driving an auto over the stick.

What am I missing here? Modern automatics are so much easier to drive on and off road.
Because I actually want to drive the car

Dabo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I personally feel out of control when driving an AT. An MT is far more predictable, and I feel mechanical and performance concerns can be identified earlier and easier.

Sponsored

SilverSurfer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 4dr MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me there's several reasons.

1- Cheaper
2- Haven't owned a stick in years and since this will be my "fun" vehicle and doesn't have to be my daily driver, I'd prefer a stick.
3- In 5 years it'll be my current 11 year olds first car. With a manual he can't text and drive and most of his idiot friends won't be able to drive his car.

Just some of my reasoning.
These are the exact reasons I got a stick. I hope my son still thinks the Bronco is cool when I start teaching him to drive a stick. :)

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford doesn't have history of good Autoboxes. They seem to cut corners and I've had a few go out and one 5k outside of warranty. I plan on wheeling my rig and I'm sure I will brake things, I can rebuild a manual myself or replace a clutch.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A manual transmission allows you to physically drive your vehicle. An automatic transmission drives your vehicle. No thanks, I prefer to drive my vehicles...
WTF is this nonsense? We all "physically" drive our vehicles.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WTF is this nonsense? We all "physically" drive our vehicles.
I believe he is in the camp of having full control of the vehicle and keeping it in the gear he wants. Not letting a computer pick your gear.
Sponsored