BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe early 2000’s Land Cruiser or 4Runner.
Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I considered other options - A Ranger to hold me over (pricey for what I'd like and not easy to come by), and older used pickup (ranger / F150), but prices even for pretty old stuff is ridiculous right now, and a Defender 110. The Defender should be off the boat in ~5 days and in my hands by late August / early September after a later June order. I'm pretty excited!

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco What's your back-up plan? 1629382658653

New AWD M4. At the Port going through Customs. It's amazing what a real tracking system looks like. It has 8-10 different updates as the car goes through the plant. I'll still take delivery of my FE when it comes in, drive for a month or so then likely sell(unless I just can't:). I have a friend and my brother that want it.

Zeno

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Defender Trophy Edition, 20 Ranger, 911SC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco was built 7/20, but is sitting in Hard Top Purgatory and I have no Idea when I will finally get it. I planned on trading my 2016 Land Cruiser in on the Bronco, but traded it in on this 2020 Land Cruiser Heritage Edition. I will either keep it or the Bronco once I have had a chance to drive the Bronco. It will likely be a tough choice as I am really really liking this beast, they aren't making any more in the U.S. and it is a limited edition.

Ford Bronco What's your back-up plan? 2020 Heritage

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don’t know what would be more frustrating, knowing I have a late reservation so getting a VIN is an absolute tossup between now and 12 months from now, or having it built and not being able to have it. At least if you were me, you could change your order to hopefully speed up delivery if that’s something you were trying to do.

Another thing really frustrating is the fact that the Gladiator locks so many of its features into the upper trims. Not being able to get a factory locker and restricting a ton of the upper features, like forward facing camera, to only Rubicon and Mojave really sucks. My build would end up being one of those trims with a mild 2” lift and tires. I wouldn’t be able to get a Sport S and build how I want without having to add onboard air for lockers, the lockers themselves, re gearing, all that stuff. I don’t really want to have to do that much to it out of the box on top of a lift, shocks, wheels and tires.
I saw a Bronco today on Rt 38 & Rt 47 (Elburn, Illinois) which now has me second-guessing myself about a Gecko Green Gladiator....yikes!

Sponsored

kirnma

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I sold my 2016 GMC Canyon in anticipation of getting my Bronco this year, but based on recent communications it might 2022 or potentially 2023. I'm going to wait a couple more months to see if supply issues get worked out. After that I might look for a Bronco Sport if they are available, and if not, probably get another Canyon. It was a darn good truck.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
my back up plan is to continue to complain endlessly about this debacle because i really don't want a POS jeep

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no backup plan. The only two options for what I want are the Bronco and the Wrangler. I don't want a Wrangler.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It looks like you can

Wait for the bronco

Buy something else

Or move on

Im in for the long haul when it comes it comes.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hi
for me i will order in september a F150 2022 and my wife is keeping is escape titanium 36,000 kilometer only for trade on 2023 BRONCO FULL with hard top+ soft top
TRACKTOY

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Day 2 reservation also- into 2022 or 2023, debating whether or not I should re-order. Interesting reads on what other vehicles are being considered. I also was considering a Gladiator. But reading about the steering issues, etc.- and it is still pretty long to fit in my tiny garage. Ranger is on the list. I test drove an extended cab about a year ago and liked it. Would get the 4 door. it would also fit well in my garage. And MPG ratings are over 20 -pretty good for a truck.

I have also been implementing by back up plan- I built my 97 Wrangler. It's a cherry with only 29K miles. But even with a Banks Header and exhaust, intake and only running smallish 31" tires it's slower than molasses on the road for daily driving. I thought the mods would help performance and MPG- it only made it run smoother and quieter than ever. No improvement on MPG- still 15-17 MPG. But the 4.0 six is ancient and doesn't deliver good fuel economy anyway.

Alternative back up is to build my 2019 Silverado LD- leveling kit, tires and wheels and exhaust. It's huge though and doesn't fit in my garage. But I only paid 28K for it brand new when the pandemic first hit so got it for a bargain. And it would not cost that much and it's a decent truck that averages over 23 MPG.

I was going to sell/trade both for the Bronco.

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on sticking with the Bronco, but if something were to happen to my current ride and I had to get a vehicle asap, I would probably get a Tacoma.

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone thinking of buying something other than the new Bronco, due to the endless delays? If so, what's are you thinking?
I guess I'll just wait it out!
Ford Bronco What's your back-up plan? Hurst

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw a Bronco today on Rt 38 & Rt 47 (Elburn, Illinois) which now has me second-guessing myself about a Gecko Green Gladiator....yikes!
I mean you can get the Gladiator by the end of the year.

I have also ordered a Gecko Gladiator. Mine is a Willys with the EcoDiesel. since I know I will eventually change everything that would make a rubicon a rubicon. Since i want to go 37's or 40's I would go d60's anyway.
Sponsored