Sponsored

What's your distraction for the next year?

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up fly fishing.. I also would like to get more into Muay Thai and join a Row club. Beyond hobbies, we actually have a big year planned
  • Buying our first home this spring
  • Our [covid delayed] wedding day is late May. Honeymoon to st. Barts immediately after. It was supposed to be May 2020!
  • We dropped a deposit on a puppy from a future litter from a reputable GSP breeder. Very excited for our first family dog. He or she will be ready to take home around October
I'd love to end the year with a new Bronco but that may not happen

Plenty of new experiences to look forward to otherwise. Optimistic for the future
Dude.....I am exhausted just reading this post.
Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm seriously considering selling the Camaro and buying a beat up old truck to refresh my off-road skills this summer before taking delivery of the Bronco.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Camping, dirt biking, shooting, and mountain biking.
Plenty to keep me busy.

Toecutter

Badlands
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 f150 fx4, 2016 jeep willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco What's your distraction for the next year? brew

ill be brewing

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm seriously considering selling the Camaro and buying a beat up old truck to refresh my off-road skills this summer before taking delivery of the Bronco.
How has the camaro treated ya?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For the last year or so I have been riding electric mountain bikes which are so much fun. Pricey for a good one but worth it IMO. So I will keep doing that and still do an occasional ride on my Husqvarna FE501s dual sport bike. Also I keep myself entertained shopping for alternatives to the Bronco. So far the temptations have been Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro and Jeep Rubicon 4xe. At this point the Bronco still wins out despite the ridiculous wait time.

Now for the crazy story: Since summer 2016 I have had a fun 2017 Porsche 911 C2s sports car. Bought new. So much fun to drive and the handling is so good. Some time in October/Nov 2020 I went out to start it and got 5-6 warning messages and it would not start or even shift out of gear. Bricked in the garage. It got towed to the dealer and is out of warranty of course. Turns out it was rodent damage to the wiring. Initial repair estimate was around 10,000 bucks because the engine would have to be pulled to replace the engine wiring harness. So they pulled the engine and found that also the body wiring harness was damaged. That is a much bigger problem resulting in an additional 20,000 dollar cost to repair. Thank goodness comprehensive insurance with USAA covers it! So far 30,000 bucks total. Mostly labor. But wait, there's more! Turns out that Porsche in Stuttgart no long has that wiring harness in stock so they have to make one. Estimated delay is 6-12 months! Yikes! So that unfortunately is one thing I won't be doing while I wait for the Bronco. The 911 will be at the dealership until they repair it.
That sounds exactly like all exotic Porsche ownership i've heard of in the past from friends racing GT-3's and the like.

You can bless your lucky stars that: Porsche is a German company.

A friend used to race Moto Guzzi motorcycles. The term is used loosely as every race would result in a random number of components getting destroyed, breaking or failing (Fine Italian handmade bikes that they are!). Moto Guzzi holds essentially zero inventory of any parts (worldwide). Each individual dealership must order whatever parts it wants and wait for them to be manufactured in Italy then sent. Not a problem if you're going through a normal parts list regularly. Long story short, average wait times were 6-24 months and there was no tracking. They take your money and get around to it when the want (or not), and the part randomly shows up when it does. His bike was down for over 2 years waiting for a few hand-machined parts. less than a year after selling the bike some parts showed up and he gave them to the new owner (who bought the bike non-op, and hadn't ridden it due to waiting for parts). I think he had the bike about 6 years total and did 5 races. Nearly won every single one of them as well. When working, those bikes are amazing.

So you could be dealing with the Italians..... Your story, while expensive (It's a C2, you had some idea what you were getting into), it's still German so all it takes is money. Not the rest of your life!

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How has the camaro treated ya?
It's been a great car actually. 2010 2SS/RS. Daily driver year round here in the Midwest with just under 140,000 miles now. Mostly highway miles commuting from one end of the metro to the other each day. Changing the O2 sensors this past weekend was the first repair needed in the entire time I've had her. Other than that brake, tires and fluids. She doesn't do well off-road lol which is what I'm wanting to do more of at this stage of my life.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just laughing at everyone on here pretending they will be able to do hobbies when people start getting their broncos in summer and this website will be non stop info dump or people flipping their cars on rocks and doing all kinds of shit and companies will start announcing products and gear..

yall are adorable you are not leaving this website come may lol

Sponsored

Chief Keith

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny you should say this I have a 2010 Camaro and was considering the same thing at one time. However I think since I changed tires to a high-performance all season I've decided to keep the car. Now I can drive it most of the winter. But still considered a beater off roader. I have looked into an LR3, a single cab f-150 and some older jeeps. Now most recently I think I've convince my wife to trade her Ford Edge in for the Bronco and then I'll have both in the driveway. Who knows ask me again in a month I'll have another plan.

OP
OP
ATLBronco75

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thinking of building a 7.62x39 10.5 inch barrel AR. Other than that, flogging my 470 whp GTI.
Oh, oh do a 6.5mm Grendel. I'm really curious about that round. probably not a short barrel though. lol

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny you should say this I have a 2010 Camaro and was considering the same thing at one time. However I think since I changed tires to a high-performance all season I've decided to keep the car. Now I can drive it most of the winter. But still considered a beater off roader. I have looked into an LR3, a single cab f-150 and some older jeeps. Now most recently I think I've convince my wife to trade her Ford Edge in for the Bronco and then I'll have both in the driveway. Who knows ask me again in a month I'll have another plan.
I swapped out the Pirellis it was delivered with for Continental DWS all-season tires the week I brought her home. It was October and had just started snowing on the way home. That ride home was enough for me. Haven't looked back. These newer performance all-seasons are light years ahead of where they used to be.

Chief Keith

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I swapped out the Pirellis it was delivered with for Continental DWS all-season tires the week I brought her home. It was October and had just started snowing on the way home. That ride home was enough for me. Haven't looked back. These newer performance all-seasons are light years ahead of where they used to be.
I bought the same tires, I think you are my doppelganger. I have the Imperial Blue Metallic paint colored 2ssrs.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sounds exactly like all exotic Porsche ownership i've heard of in the past from friends racing GT-3's and the like.

You can bless your lucky stars that: Porsche is a German company.

A friend used to race Moto Guzzi motorcycles. The term is used loosely as every race would result in a random number of components getting destroyed, breaking or failing (Fine Italian handmade bikes that they are!). Moto Guzzi holds essentially zero inventory of any parts (worldwide). Each individual dealership must order whatever parts it wants and wait for them to be manufactured in Italy then sent. Not a problem if you're going through a normal parts list regularly. Long story short, average wait times were 6-24 months and there was no tracking. They take your money and get around to it when the want (or not), and the part randomly shows up when it does. His bike was down for over 2 years waiting for a few hand-machined parts. less than a year after selling the bike some parts showed up and he gave them to the new owner (who bought the bike non-op, and hadn't ridden it due to waiting for parts). I think he had the bike about 6 years total and did 5 races. Nearly won every single one of them as well. When working, those bikes are amazing.

So you could be dealing with the Italians..... Your story, while expensive (It's a C2, you had some idea what you were getting into), it's still German so all it takes is money. Not the rest of your life!
Good point! I certainly have confidence that Porsche will make a good quality harness and make the right one. One thing I have noticed with the 911 is that you get what you pay for. It's not a cool looking car with just sport cosmetics. It's the real deal with a high level of engineering throughout, yet the cost of ownership is not crazy like Ferrari, Lambo, or McClaren. Apex runs a GT2RS at the Nurburgring and that car gets a lot of high speed driving, but has been very very reliable for them.
I have owned a couple of Ducatis (Panigale V4s and Hypermotard SP) and those bikes had very sophisticated electronics but I had no problems with them. The Panigale made over 200 hp so a rocket.
Sponsored