Sponsored

What's your favorite small detail so far?

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So now that a lot more pics and videos of the Bronco are rolling in, and people are hard at work making it difficult to even keep up with threads in this section...I'll add to it.

We see the big stuff. The 37's, the 35's, Sasquatch, manual woes, highly marketable trim names, lockers, etc.

In these pics and details revealed so far, what are the details that have caught your eye?

Here's mine...The radio hard button location in relation to the shifter. I'll be able to rest my hand/wrist in a natural position on the shifter, and without looking, be able to spin the volume/track with a finger. Flick forward to the next song/podcast/etc without thinking. I can't describe how much I miss that from several past vehicles. I don't mind steering wheel controls, but man oh man...Do I love it when my hand naturally rests in a position of buttons I use constantly.

Also, the modularity of the center console grab handle. I might have to fab up a Bladder Buster Big Gulp 9,000 cup holder to bolt in that place. Just for the hilarity.

That's just placed right. Thanks anonymous ergonomic person responsible for this.
Ford Bronco What's your favorite small detail so far? resources - 2020-07-15T145552.189
Sponsored

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Cayenne-esque center grab handle appeals to me. Also the grab handles for getting in doorless. And the mirrors not attached to the doors. Really all of the little human factor design elements that seems to have gone in to it.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The front fender ridges. I know they will cut visibility but those ridges and the line down the side of the body scream early Bronco, so I am imagining driving down the road with the center line or lane line to the left of me visually somewhere inside the trailsite at the front of that ridge looking forward thinking I am driving the legacy of Dad’s bronze Bronco: adventures are ahead.

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The accent stripes on the grab handles and the vents.
Still wondering if we can choose which color these will be, or will they match body color (preferred), or will they be locked to each trim?

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco What's your favorite small detail so far? dsc09287-1594681681

MAXIMUM FREEDOM, a big F U to Jeep's stupid commie sports bra
I actually don't see a reason to take the roof off. This is basically just a sun roof at this point. I know they are beholden to modern safety regulations but I'd much rather have a cross bar than bars going from the posts to the windshield. Most I'll ever probably remove is the t-top area. Whats the point of removing the rest, look at that massive pillar right next to your head.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The bronco bolts. Digging the hardware. Nice unique touch.
same. it's nice for a manufacturer to actually promote the ability to customize your car and with special screws too.

Push-to-Start button is in the shape of the iconic Bronco headlights.
oh shit. didn't even realize that. easter egg for sure. should start an easter egg tracker.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My favorite detail might be the overall lack of detail. Not that there are not details, but from 10+ feet away it just looks like a brick. A lot of the details don't get noticed until you look at for a long time, which is cool. Jeeps now look cheap because of all their over emphasized features. RUBICON sticker down the side of the hood, with a red stroke of all things - that is just bad graphic design.

I wish they were able to make it a little less bulky, but I suppose that is the trade-off for all the capability. I don't think I'll love the over the hood visibility, but I'll get used to it.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
same. it's nice for a manufacturer to actually promote the ability to customize your car and with special screws too.

oh shit. didn't even realize that. easter egg for sure. should start an easter egg tracker.
By shape of the headlight, do you mean.... round?
Sponsored