Sponsored

Whats your lifestyle, and how do you see the Bronco fitting into it?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's alive!!! This thread is alive!

Hats off to reviving an old but good thread with the sad, but touching story from the life of @Cappy, a true good guy badass on parade who answered the ring on the day that God came calling for him to do what needed to be done!
Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mid 30s engineer here, always been a small sports car guy at heart growing up, last car purchase was in summer of 2015 when I ordered a MY16 stick shift BMW M235i (and I regret not taking advantage of the european delivery deal). Since then I've added a wife, two kids, and a not-insignificant amount of stop-and-go driving between myself and work.

While I'd probably be better served by a crossover SUV of some flavor for 95% of my driving, we have been going on trips with the inlaws more and more to places where mild to moderate off roading is in the cards, and that's something I've always wanted to get into in the back of my mind.

Wife had a JK sahara when we met, and having driven it a fair bit I always enjoyed it, with the usual caveats; steering sucks, solid front axle was squirrely on the highway and we don't go offroading to the degree where it would ever be a benefit, leg and knee room for the front row are marginal. I hear the JL is an improvement, but not by much, and I'm not on board with FCA QC and long term reliability (the JK was no great example in either department). Not a fan of their powertrains either, I seem to be one of the few who can't stand the gutless little pentastar v6, especially at altitude. I watched the hype of the new Defender with a little interest, but feel they let the needle swing too far towards the luxury end of the spectrum, both in price and content. Toyota 4runner was another contender, and still may be depending on what they do with the 2023MY refresh since I doubt I will have a Bronco in-hand by then.

radprez

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Tiguan SEL Premium R-Line 4-Motion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to know about Florida Bronco groups if you don't mind sending me the info. I'm in North Central FL.
The header line at the top (NEWS, FORUMS, WHAT'S NEW) has a CLUBS section. Lists all the clubs in the US. Whole mess for Florida, e.g. Central Florida Broncos, Bronco Club Orlando. I think I joined Central Florida but not in a hurry since my Bronco probably won't be here for a year. My dealer, Granger Ford, is also Granger Jeep so I'm wavering toward a Rubicon.

Bajabound

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend, 1986 VW Vanagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Im 24 and live near the beach in southern california. Planning on lots of top down days with a surfboard in it. The wash out floor will be perfect for sand. We also have a family place up in southern utah, so we will be getting plenty of mud on this bad boy. excited. Planning on having this for a while and raising kids around it so had to get the 4dr!

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a soon-to-be 41 year-old, married, no kids, in Phoenix. Graphic designer, wife's an interior designer, and 90% of the time I'll be utilizing my Bronco as a daily driver. The other 10% will be used to go exploring through the desert, abandoned towns/mines, and the forests/mountains up north. No crazy rock crawling.

Sponsored

Broncodude@

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Self explanatory title

I'm a soon to be married 30 something year old IT professional who works from home full-time. My soon to be, works in field sales which means she also is home full-time unless she is visiting her client. So while the Bronco will be my daily driver; that title is a misnomer. The Bronco won't see much action until the weekends!

We are fairly active. We work out daily. But I desire to be more active, specifically in and around nature.

Today-- I enjoy camping, jogging, biking, local hiking, and trail running.

With the Bronco, I fully intend to get into beginner overlanding, hiking deeper into the Appalachia trail, fishing perhaps, and maybe even canoeing. Generally more rigorous outdoor activities.

The Bronco will enhance our lives in many ways. I'm waiting on the Bronco to buy a dog. Looking at the German shorthaired pointer which is a very active dog, who will be my weekend partner when the wife is off on a business trip. We enjoy going on long drives to discover new breweries and so I envision our ideal Saturday will consist of us loading up the Bronco, and going on the long trip with the pup, and hitting far off trails and rewarding ourselves with local brews from micro breweries.

And of course, with the Bronco being so damn versatile .. it will be our vehicle of choice for trips to the beach. The SO doesn't like to see a spec of sand in her new BMW x3

Where do you guys see yourselves a year from now when your Bronco joins your lives?
Self explanatory title

I'm a soon to be married 30 something year old IT professional who works from home full-time. My soon to be, works in field sales which means she also is home full-time unless she is visiting her client. So while the Bronco will be my daily driver; that title is a misnomer. The Bronco won't see much action until the weekends!

We are fairly active. We work out daily. But I desire to be more active, specifically in and around nature.

Today-- I enjoy camping, jogging, biking, local hiking, and trail running.

With the Bronco, I fully intend to get into beginner overlanding, hiking deeper into the Appalachia trail, fishing perhaps, and maybe even canoeing. Generally more rigorous outdoor activities.

The Bronco will enhance our lives in many ways. I'm waiting on the Bronco to buy a dog. Looking at the German shorthaired pointer which is a very active dog, who will be my weekend partner when the wife is off on a business trip. We enjoy going on long drives to discover new breweries and so I envision our ideal Saturday will consist of us loading up the Bronco, and going on the long trip with the pup, and hitting far off trails and rewarding ourselves with local brews from micro breweries.

And of course, with the Bronco being so damn versatile .. it will be our vehicle of choice for trips to the beach. The SO doesn't like to see a spec of sand in her new BMW x3

Where do you guys see yourselves a year from now when your Bronco joins your lives?
Iā€™m not sure I will see my Bronco until March 22, but, I am already a little nutty about it. I hope to re-introduce myself to the outdoors when it arrives along with my young son. Cant wait for the scenery.

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a nature and landscape photographer who leads workshops around the U.S.. I think this will give me access to some areas I may not otherwise go to shoot. I won't necessarily bring clients to these new locations, but it will allow me to grow my portfolio with content I may not otherwise get.
Or possibly offer one on one workshops in remote areas.

Oh...And it'll be my daily driver LOL.
Ford Bronco Whats your lifestyle, and how do you see the Bronco fitting into it? quad

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soon to be retired military (year or two), starting second career doing who knows what or who knows where. Wife, kid and two fur buddies in tow. If we end up west weā€™ll seek out some trails for camping and hiking. If we end up East weā€™ll find some good dunes in the outer banks. This will be my daily driver so hopefully I can get it to last a bit.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New Daily for when I wanna cruise topless or just go anywhere without worrying about potholes for starters, and compared to the work truck, more economical as well

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sedentary, using it to drive 1/2 mile to the grocery once a week. Washing it on the weekends in the driveway hoping for someone to come by and talk Broncos. Taking my dog to get his nails done once a month, 1 mile away. Buying all the really make me look cool products. Getting it wrapped once all the neighbors have commented on how cool I am with a Bronco.

Sponsored

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Retired and live 5 miles from the fire island national seashore. Sand driving and fishing. Then to the mountains of Upstate N.Y. and PA for off-road adventure and camping.

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We camp and do a lot of hiking. My parents' home backs up to BLM land so we use our rigs to explore out there a fair bit. My only sadness will be when we can't take it because we need the truck to tow the trailer.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Avid fisherman, prefer saltwater offshore. Enjoy hunting anything with wings and Iā€™ll deer hunt some. 3 kids 17,15,10, two of them will go fishing or hunting every time. Plan on using the bronco on trips to Athens or where ever Georgia is playing as a tailgate vehicle and some hunting trips. My F350 will continue to be my fishing vehicle since the bronco canā€™t pull my center console. Iā€™ll use it occasionally to pull my 15ā€™ Jon boat. Iā€™ll probably split the daily driving between the bronco and f350.
Sponsored