Sponsored

What's Your Price Cap?

How much will you pony up for a top of the line Bronco?

• Total voters

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The MSRP thread got me thinking...At what point would you just cut and run?

I'll likely be looking at the highest trim levels, hopefully a Raptor variant, so that's what I'm referring to in this poll. Entry price is a different ball of yarn these days.

I mean goot lort have trucks gotten spendy in the last few years! F-150 Raptors are stratospheric in price. Tacoma/4Runners/ZR2 can all easily hit $50,000, Jeeps can get downright stupid and into the mid 60's.
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hate to say it but luxury items like mortgage, health insurance & food really put a damper on me going big! Get me under 35k and I'm good! :crackup:

U725

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Roadster, R53 MC40 Mini Cooper S
It really depends on my car budget in the next year or so. Might end up waiting a little bit for a deal. Time will tell.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
My goal is to keep my financed amount at $30k and I'll have $15kish to put down. So I can't really "pay" more than $40kish plus tax title reg/etc to keep it there.

OP
OP
Paint

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Guess I didn't even answer it myself lol.

50k ballpark is my pain threshold. More or less depending on how high it blows my skirt I guess. Most of the other vehicles on my list are at or below 50k.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anything less than a F150 Raptor is what I was expecting.. I am expecting full blow optioned out 4dr to be in the high 50s.

OP
OP
Paint

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anything less than a F150 Raptor is what I was expecting.. I am expecting full blow optioned out 4dr to be in the high 50s.
This is what I'm afraid of.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My price point is dependent on the wow factor. If it’s the cat’s ass, i’ll pass on a new Super Duty, downgrade my current truck, and purchase a bronco (under 55k). If it’s decent enough( and the wife approves) we will trade in the mustang and see what bronco can be purchased under 40k.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...I'll likely be looking at the highest trim levels, hopefully a Raptor variant, so that's what I'm referring to in this poll. ...Jeeps can get downright stupid and into the mid 60's.
You're talking about top of the line, acknowledge that the competition gets mid 60's, and your chart tops out at 60 ... I would expect a fully optioned top of the line model is probably going to be chasing the F150 Raptor off the top end of your chart around $65k -- with the caveat that this trim or package might either be limited or not available the first year of production.

That's probably not what I'd want though. Top end mechanical hardware with a few options will probably have an MSRP 50-55.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Paint

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You're talking about top of the line, acknowledge that the competition gets mid 60's, and your chart tops out at 60 ... I would expect a fully optioned top of the line model is probably going to be chasing the F150 Raptor off the top end of your chart around $65k -- with the caveat that this trim or package might either be limited or not available the first year of production.

That's probably not what I'd want though. Top end mechanical hardware with a few options will probably have an MSRP 50-55.
4Runner Pro and 4 door Rubicon are both low 50's (and there's frequently a pile of money on the hood of a new Rubicon). You can top a Gladiator out in the low 60's.

If it comes in above the ranges I posted...I'm likely straight up done with Bronco. That's too much for a mid-sized SUV (for me), no matter how many baubles it has. And I love me some baubles.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My absolute cap is $60k and at that price it had better be one hell of a truck. I'd be a lot more comfortable with $50k, and if it has what I'm looking for at $40k I'll camp out in the dealership with a pile of cash until they give it to me.

OP
OP
Paint

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My absolute cap is $60k and at that price it had better be one hell of a truck. I'd be a lot more comfortable with $50k, and if it has what I'm looking for at $40k I'll camp out in the dealership with a pile of cash until they give it to me.
At 60k it better have some some badass tricks up its sleeves and come with a butler.

OP
OP
Paint

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At 60k and up, I'd be more apt to just buy an actual fuggin Raptor. I really don't want another giant truck, but I can't pay 60k for something Jeep/4Runner sized unless it's really something special. And even then I might not. I could buy any vehicle listed in this thread on paper. But in my head...I can't do it.
Sponsored