Sponsored

What's Your Price Cap?

How much will you pony up for a top of the line Bronco?

• Total voters

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At $50k, I'm going to be very nervous. $55k, I can grit my teeth and splurge if it is everything and the moon. $60k, I'm gonna be like, this is a fwkng FORD, are you out of your mind?

Nicely equipped with all the trail-worthy stuff and as few of the fancy-pants gizmos/electronic doodads as allowable, I'll spend $45k and smile about it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Paint

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At $50k, I'm going to be very nervous. $55k, I can grit my teeth and splurge if it is everything and the moon. $60k, I'm gonna be like, this is a fwkng FORD, are you out of your mind?

Nicely equipped with all the trail-worthy stuff and as few of the fancy-pants gizmos/electronic doodads as allowable, I'll spend $45k and smile about it.
Ed Zachary.

And in the 60k plus arena...You're dipping heavily into LR Defender territory. Those are going to start at 50k. I mean...You'll need to spend 10k on the extra warranty, but eh.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think 40k is honestly where I'd be. Nicely equipped, but not every feature available. Knowing full well I'm going to own it for a long time. Mods in mind. The extras arent necessarily important. Factory tire size, shocks, ride height, etc. All that will probably be changed to suit my tastes. Tech features I'm not terribly worried about. A decent infotainment is one thing id like to have.

OP
OP
Paint

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1. Look good
2. Have all the modern safety/whizbang features (gotta have Android/Apple)
3. Not be a noisy ear buster on the highway
4. All good lists have 4 things.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Guys, please stop! Now Ford is going to think over 40k is acceptable lol. At that price (60k plus) I think I'd by a Tremor Super Duty or a used 6.7 and a nice EB.
I built a f250 lariat sport Tremor with the 7.3 and its $78k.
I’ll take a very well optioned Raptor Bronco for $60k. I already have a truck.

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm willing to spend up to the price of an F150 Raptor if it has everything I want. That's what I have tentatively budgeted for 2022 when I'll be planning to buy one. That's $75k Canadian, I think 60k USD after some options? Everything I want is basically an F150 Raptor in a 2 door SUV form factor, so I feel like I shouldn't be disappointed in price if such a vehicle ends up being made.

If the top of the line one is a SFA rock crawling thing, I'll need enough room between the cost of the top level IFS version and the price of a Raptor to also buy the various upgrades to bring it up to the spec I want. Torsen diffs, good shocks, etc.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I built a f250 lariat sport Tremor with the 7.3 and its $78k.
I’ll take a very well optioned Raptor Bronco for $60k. I already have a truck.
Screenshot_20191230-225957_Chrome.jpg

Your Tremor build must have been very, very well optioned. If I was going to spend 60k I would be buying a lot more vehicle than a mid-sized SUV.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A supercrew Platinum F150 starts at 55k, and with a selection of realistic options easily gets to 70k. A supercrew F150 Raptor starts at 56 and with a few added options easily gets up to 79k. A Platinum Explorer starts at 58k, and leaves little on the table but can get up to 65k. At the other end, a Platinum Escape starts at 33k and can be optioned up to 40k.

With the amount of theoretical pent up demand for Bronco, I would be amazed if Ford didn't offer some trim/package or selection of options for Bronco to exceed even Jeeps cash cow dreams.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I love me some Bronco... no doubt.

I have always been a year two buyer... I'm just gonna sit back and see what happens. Hopefully they bring offerings on both the luxury and the utilitarian side. I would prefer a "working man's" version. I may end up waiting until year three... depends on how fast it comes to market.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We know the Bronco will be based on the next gen Ranger platform. Looking at the history of vehicles, new models = price increase. Also, if we look at what happened with the newly remodeled Explorer, we might get a significant price increase. Currently a well equipped Ranger is about $46,000. Considering the Bronco will likely have more bells and whistles as well as a larger interior space that needs fabricated... I would expect a fully loaded 4 door model to fall within the $50-55k range. However, since Jeep currently has their fully loaded Rubicon at roughly $64k (I cannot believe this is where we are at nowadays!) Ford has plenty of room to gouge the customer. They could come in around the high $50k's and still market as a deal compared to the Jeep Rubicon.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Paint

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
EDIT: It is pretty worrisome to me how many people on this board seem to be accepting to $50K+ pricing :eek:
I'm just trying to be realistic. That's the average price of similar products that sell like hotcakes. They'd be remiss to not maximize their profits while exerting the pressure juuuuust under the wallet pain threshold.

Also, I want a Raptor like trim level. Not a workman's version. So 50k is dreamin lol

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Screenshot_20191230-225957_Chrome.jpg

Your Tremor build must have been very, very well optioned. If I was going to spend 60k I would be buying a lot more vehicle than a mid-sized SUV.
You are correct, I was high by about $10k
Looks like I had in addition to yours:
Lariat Sport Package
4.30 gears
Pano roof
$68k

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think we are posturing ourselves for a collapse of the new car bubble
The "N" in your name could easily stand for Nostradamus.

OP
OP
Paint

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh, I agree, I am completely aware of the "what the market will bear" economic concept. They will keep jacking prices as long as people keep paying them.

New car prices have been outpacing inflation by a good margin for the last 10-15 years now. I think easy access to credit and insanely long term loans are to blame. Well, to be honest, it is the population at large's financial illiteracy that is at the root of the issue, but that is an elephant in the room that is complicated to address. It is amazing to me how many people are significantly underwater on their loans and they just keep rolling this negative equity into their next loan. I think we are posturing ourselves for a collapse of the new car bubble similar to the housing bubble that precipitated the 2008-2009 recession. The collapse will probably have a lower impact than 2008-2009, but I think it will still sting pretty good. Hopefully no one gets bailed out this time around.
The "N" in your name could easily stand for Nostradamus.

LOL...I mean...He aint wrong.

Playboyshiredhand

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Bronco, 2019 F150 FX4, 2015 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If the Bronco meets or exceeds my expectations of what it is supposed to be — Direct competition with Jeep then I have no budget to have the baddest one in my area. If it does not I won’t buy one.
Sponsored