John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Personal opinion of vehicle: lack of adequate (or any) interior lighting. When you open the tailgate in the dark or dim light you ought to be able to see inside. Same goes for rear passengers, no lighting at all. Maybe that is why the vehicle demands we check rear seat before exiting cause in the dark we wouldn't see them

Public opinion? From right here in the forums, those that snub their noses at we 4 door Bronco owners just because in their mind the only true Bronco is short on emergency exits during a rollover

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Needs different engine options.

Don’t get me wrong I actually dig my 2.3 for what it is. And I like my Bronco. But I expected the 3.5 ecoboost to be the big engine and the 2.7 to be the small engine. 🤷 But I still want a hybrid option in the Bronco. Just not the joke that is in the Explorer. I have no desire for a V8 but they wanted to go ahead.
I have the 2.3 as well in my 2 door, but also have the 3.5 in my F150. I honestly think the 3.5 would be too much for the Bronco, it is a beast of an engine designed more for towing/hauling.

Sponsored

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just go ahead and remove those rear seats from your two door. No one wants to ride back there and you will never have to check your backseat for kids and/or pets.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A Bronco truck is a horrible idea. (Half cab wood be sweet though)

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most of the Mabbet products look like garbage, and they’re made overseas. But forum members seem to love them and jump on them the second they’re posted. 🤷🏼‍♂️
How dare you speak ill of my Mabbet Edition Bronco!!!!

MichiganMichael

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport, '22 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the 2.3 as well in my 2 door, but also have the 3.5 in my F150. I honestly think the 3.5 would be too much for the Bronco, it is a beast of an engine designed more for towing/hauling.
I agree. I think the 3.5 would be a bit much. It's a great full sized truck motor, but the reinforcement and drivetrain upgrades it would take to handle that motor would probably be too much for the Bronco.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Enough with sticking big obvious LED fog lights on your retro builds, and instantly destroying the theme, in fact the LED fad can't die quickly enough.

Reactions: bhb

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe that is why the vehicle demands we check rear seat before exiting cause in the dark we wouldn't see them

Public opinion? From right here in the forums, those that snub their noses at we 4 door Bronco owners just because in their mind the only true Bronco is short on emergency exits during a rollover
The true Bronco doesn't ask you to check the rear seat. 🤷‍♂️

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The true Bronco doesn't ask you to check the rear seat. 🤷‍♂️
That was true until 2021...

I mean if we wanna look at things that weren't there originally: EBs didn't even have power steering from 66-72 and it was optional from 72-77. No power brake option until 76-77. So really a TRUE Bronco doesn't have power steering or power brakes, or shoulder belts for that matter...

bcool2525

Badlands
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500, 1987 F250, 1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Enough with sticking big obvious LED fog lights on your retro builds, and instantly destroying the theme, in fact the LED fad can't die quickly enough.
As a lighting engineer I regret to tell you that LEDs are here to stay, as they have industry leading lumens/watt and are exceptionally cost effective. It is waaaay easier to design lights for the "old school" filament lamps, but those are more expensive, less bright, have a shorter lifespan, and a larger form factor.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I read a post last night where someone stuck their neck out and said the Bronco retro emblems are ugly, often times Chinese made plastic that we're all so giddy to throw on our 2022 vehicles. Whatever you think of the retro script, it was refreshing to read a contrarian opinion.

This has me thinking what are other fun unpopular opinions?

Here's a few that have been on my mind...
  • BFG KO2's are an overrated AT tire that has been caught or passed by competitors since it's debut
  • Amber DRL's are obnoxious and overdone on most vehicles
  • Sasquatch package makes every single trim look worse (cartoonish proportions)
  • People who ordered Area 51 are so proud they chose a "color" when it's essentially gray
It’s nearly perfect
Sponsored