Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may be missing the point if you think looks have anything to do with removable roof pieces. I'm not sure anyone has ever said it looks good with the freedom panels out. 🤷‍♂️
OK, but the soft top pulled back accomplishes the same without looking dorky. That was kind of my point.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And I bought Rapid Red. Dark metallic reds are pretty much my favorite color on anything, period end of story.

I would have preferred Magma Red, but of course Ford had to kill that one off because it was too nice. Just as they've now killed Rapid for Hot Pepper 🤢

It really is amazing how Ford pushed the Bronco as an exciting lifestyle brand yet gave us 12 different shades of grey and hardly anything interesting, isn't it.

Meanwhile Jeep is over there with Tuscadero Pearl aka literally pink.

Not that I would personally buy a pink car, but people absolutely would have.

But hey, at least we got dark green and fuckin tan for '22 😂
Colors do come and go, and after a few decades of colors being "locked in" for 8-10 years at a time, it's nice to have a rotation. Anecdotal "I love this color the most" is worth bumkiss.

Jeep offers all those crazy colors for what, 5 years? 10 years?

Based on research for each of the colors you referenced above:
  • Mojito: 3 years (2018-2020)
  • Bikini: 2 years (2019-2020)
  • Snazzberry: 2 years so far (2021-2022)

Point being: YES, the pallet for Bronco should have been better at launch. But at least they are making changes.

AND, you're also cherry-picking colors out of a model run from 1997 through today. Most of the "crazy/fun" Wrangler colors are available for a maximum of 2-3 years along side a tried-and-true, steady-Eddy 5 colors or so which soldier on. We're essentially at year 1 of Bronco production (by volume) so it's a bit of a reach to compare it head to head with 25 years of a different model by a different manufacturer.

Lets re-visit this in 5 years and see how many different colors Bronco has come in, because remember, you needed to BUY that color when it was available.... Not just like some obscure paint that you never bought and is now out of production..... The quickly rotating "crazy/fun" paint colors are to drum up a small number of sales, they aren't sales leaders and generally no dealership (except massively large ones) even carries the crazy colors in stock.

https://www.quadratec.com/c/reference/jeep-wrangler-gladiator-paint-codes

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're putting 93 in a stock ecoboost you should buy something that actually needs it
Well if you want to get technical about it, it’s 93 non ethanol.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Colors do come and go, and after a few decades of colors being "locked in" for 8-10 years at a time, it's nice to have a rotation. Anecdotal "I love this color the most" is worth bumkiss.

Jeep offers all those crazy colors for what, 5 years? 10 years?

Based on research for each of the colors you referenced above:
  • Mojito: 3 years (2018-2020)
  • Bikini: 2 years (2019-2020)
  • Snazzberry: 2 years so far (2021-2022)

Point being: YES, the pallet for Bronco should have been better at launch. But at least they are making changes.

AND, you're also cherry-picking colors out of a model run from 1997 through today. Most of the "crazy/fun" Wrangler colors are available for a maximum of 2-3 years along side a tried-and-true, steady-Eddy 5 colors or so which soldier on. We're essentially at year 1 of Bronco production (by volume) so it's a bit of a reach to compare it head to head with 25 years of a different model by a different manufacturer.

Lets re-visit this in 5 years and see how many different colors Bronco has come in, because remember, you needed to BUY that color when it was available.... Not just like some obscure paint that you never bought and is now out of production..... The quickly rotating "crazy/fun" paint colors are to drum up a small number of sales, they aren't sales leaders and generally no dealership (except massively large ones) even carries the crazy colors in stock.

https://www.quadratec.com/c/reference/jeep-wrangler-gladiator-paint-codes
Hey you're not wrong, I'm just saying I would have appreciated it if Ford had looked at the last 5ish years of Jeep colors and said "We can do better" rather than "Let's play it safe"

Or done what VW recently did with the Spektrum program 😍😍

Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? 826527_81_79340_lUDTTZ3ev

Sponsored

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two things (may be unpopular):

1. If you flip your Bronco for a shit ton of money, good for you. No issues there. Capitalism, defined.
  2. First Editions will not hold their value LONG TERM, and will be at or close to the same price as a used 2021 WT or SAS Badlands in less than 10 years. Plenty of manufacturers release launch-edition vehicles, and most of them are not worth any more than the next highest trim.

Last edited:

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with you 100% on these 2 points.

A lot of people I've wheeled with who got suckered into the KO2's from internet reviews were instantly disappointed once they actually wheeled them. They are a great highway tire or blasting fire lanes but they cake up so fast and turn into slicks in the mud. Only tire I've seen slick up worse were Interco Thornbirds, aka Thornturds. Thought it would be impossible for the manufacturer of the infamous SUPER SWAMPER to make a garbage off road tire but they pulled it off.

And agreed on the Sasquatch, doesn't need to be the Sasquatch trim but anything less than 35's just looks wonky. First Bronco I ever saw was a Outerbanks and it was very underwhelming first impression.
Oh wow someone mentioned Thornbirds. Good lord holy throwback.

Truth be told about the BFG AT KOs: they are all terrains. They aren’t mud tires. That’s why BFG makes MT tires

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I haven't seen the tie rod issue on sasquatch broncos, it's more on non sasquatch Broncos that have been lifted with bigger tires than stock.
Yup. Unpopular opinion, cheap spacer lift and larger heavier tires are not compatible with rock crawling.