Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the biggest reasons I ordered a Bronco is because it looks like a Scout!
I bought one because it reminds me of my grandfather's 78 Scout, also! And hope to hand it down to my grandkids one day. (My grandfather sold his and I still wish he kept it...)
Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I live in Southern CA and I've seen Civics and Accords with BMW badging. Always good for a laugh.
Lol, I lived in NorCal for twenty years and saw lots of BMW badges on rice burners with ratty exhausts. The Scout badging on the Bronco is clever especially since the Scout has been out of production so long. Iā€™m contemplating doing it to mine as I really donā€™t like the fender sticker on mine.

Macho

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SR Tacoma, 97 FJ80
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1. No one cares how early you reserved your Bronco or how long you've waited for it.
2. The v6 has twice as much power as your old v-8 and gets twice the mileage. No one wants to hear your flow masters grumble around.
3. Manuals are stupid. You're not "more connected to your vehicle" you're just trying to keep worthless outdated technology alive.
4. the 6th gen Bronco in any trim or optioned level is infinitely better than any previous Bronco. They were all underpowered garbage that rode like trash.
5. Molle panels and tailgate table are worthless.

Flip17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1. No one cares how early you reserved your Bronco or how long you've waited for it.
2. The v6 has twice as much power as your old v-8 and gets twice the mileage. No one wants to hear your flow masters grumble around.
3. Manuals are stupid. You're not "more connected to your vehicle" you're just trying to keep worthless outdated technology alive.
4. the 6th gen Bronco in any trim or optioned level is infinitely better than any previous Bronco. They were all underpowered garbage that rode like trash.
5. Molle panels and tailgate table are worthless.

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep. I worked in the collision repair industry for two decades and cars/crossovers are unibody and trucks are body on frame. The Bronco is not unibody. SUV is suitable Bronco terminology but so is truck. :) It can be both. Suburbans and Expeditions are truck suvs, Traverses and Edges are not. Chevy went soft with their new Blazer and made it unibody.
To complicate things just a bit more, many of us old farts would maintain that, when talking about pickup trucks, the term "unibody" can also mean a body-on-frame truck with a unified cab and pickup bed. The early 60's Ford pickups of this variety were commonly called "unibody" long before frame-less vehicles became common.

Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? 1650465872837

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get a kick out of all the 2-door vs 4-door banter, but honestly like them both equally. I ended up going with the 2-door because I had an old CJ-5 in high school, and wanted that nostalgic vibe of a short wheelbase, topless, off road vehicle. Would have been just as stoked to have ended up with a 4-door though. Theyā€™re both badass and theyā€™re both legit Broncos!

Cwill79

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

36 pages of hate, yet we all sit here bitching about it taking so long for someone to take our money so we can have one of these damn things.

I guess there's a trim/tire/wheel/suspension/door/badge/color/top/(insert your unpopular oppinion)package for everyone. That is what makes the Bronco great in my opinion. (popular or not)

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hardware, not software, is what makes the Bronco great. Lockers, low range, manual transmission with crawler gear, ground clearance, approach, departure, and break over (2 door), big tires, and steel bumper with winch are what make it special. It would be or is better without automatic climate control, auto stop start, screen gauges, cameras and sensors beeping, and push button start. Goat modes get way too much attention.

Jason

Sponsored

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I really want a soft top for the summer for the 2DR. As much as I want to like the fastback (I like it on the 4door even) I think it makes the 2DR look FUGLY as hell. Compromised with the sunrider for now.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To complicate things just a bit more, many of us old farts would maintain that, when talking about pickup trucks, the term "unibody" can also mean a body-on-frame truck with a unified cab and pickup bed. The early 60's Ford pickups of this variety were commonly called "unibody" long before frame-less vehicles became common.

Agree completely. My dad was born in 1930 and an avid car guy who also raced Indian and Harley motorcycles back in the 1940's and 1950's. l grew up at his side working on cars and I'm familiar with the original "unibody" terminology. :) Love the old Ford!!

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup. Unpopular opinion, cheap spacer lift and larger heavier tires are not compatible with rock crawling.

Yep, saw that video too
Stop mixing the Bronco script and trim badges. Pick one or the other. Iā€™ve never seen the combination look good. Are people just scared to commit to the script and canā€™t bring themselves to pulling the decal off?
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford is on track to sell 100,000 Broncos this year and that is with the constraints. Around 40% of orders are 2 door Broncos, so that is 40,000 of them. That is more than they sold of the mustang (31,950). SO, with a little math, you can see that the 2 door would be just fine without the station wagon version being sold.....
Whereā€™d you get 40%??? By all accounts from people on here who work for Ford, the order rate for 2-doors is about 17%. Got any documentation that refutes that?

news flash there skippy, when Ford started teasing the bronco's return it was always a two door variant. The 4dr abomination although it shares the name, shouldn't exist. Corporate greed allows it to!
ā€Corporate greedā€! Haha! You have trouble with companies going where the market demands? I hope you donā€™t own a business, SKIPPYā€¦

LightRefined

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think my 4 door Cyber Orange softie OBX looks perfect with the stock tires and is exactly as capable as I need it to be.

Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? IMG_20220326_140232
Sponsored