Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were those tests done with the doors off? I have seen too many crash victims with limbs amputated by partial ejection in rollovers and otherwise killed or injured by ejection or t-bone impacts, particularly in vehicles that did not meet modern side impact standards, to agree that doors off is simply a matter of freedom of choice. Buy it and put yourself at risk if you like. But kids and adult passengers may not have a real choice; or may simply be ignorant of the risks. Hope you explain that to them before exposing them to it. I enjoy the other features and will buy the Bronco for those reasons. I can drive with doors on, I don’t want an Explorer.
Then don't take yours off, and stop trying to babysit other adults. That might work?
Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were those tests done with the doors off? I have seen too many crash victims with limbs amputated by partial ejection in rollovers and otherwise killed or injured by ejection or t-bone impacts, particularly in vehicles that did not meet modern side impact standards, to agree that doors off is simply a matter of freedom of choice. Buy it and put yourself at risk if you like. But kids and adult passengers may not have a real choice; or may simply be ignorant of the risks. Hope you explain that to them before exposing them to it. I enjoy the other features and will buy the Bronco for those reasons. I can drive with doors on, I don’t want an Explorer.
I don't remember where I read it but I recall something about the Ford making the bronco more resistant to side impact crashes even with the doors off. It might account for why the it's as heavy as it is. It's obviously not going to be as safe as with the doors on.
Also, while children don't understand the risks of doorless driving, I'd like to think most adults do.

IndyBD

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To get the conversation back on topic.....
  • Any trim above BD is a waste of money and should only be used for mall crawling.
  • BD steelies are the best looking stock rims while it's alternates are also the best looking upgrades.
  • Any complaints of shakes rattles or any other noise must have been Monday builds. I have zero issues there and the only time my soft top is "loud" is when I'm passing a semi at 90.
  • All Broncos are real broncos but the sport is more like the red headed step child
  • If you're going to the script emblem, you have to commit and drill/pin it on. None of this adhesive bs.
  • Like Henry Ford once said you can have any color you want as long as it's black. Well today in 2022, it's velocity blue.
That's all I have for now. I'm sure after I get roasted for my (should be popular) opinions I'll have a few more.

Edit: Tire covers are cool and I forgot to sign off

Jason

Last edited:

TacocaT

Wildtrak
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Explorer Platinum, 15 Roadglide, 12 Duke 1199
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you install front mud flaps to protect your paint but don’t install rear mud flaps to protect the paint and windshields of cars behind you, you are a (insert insult here).

Jason
Please note; Jason used "a" not "an". This means that your insult cannot begin with a vowel. Therefore terms such as ass, asshat, asshole, elephant, eff'er, imbecile, idiot, orange man, octo-mom, unitard and umbrella salesman are not grammatically correct. Please keep this in mind when choosing your insult.

NathanW

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Range Rover SVR,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Uh yeah. But so what? They are still dangerous when off.
Little help for you: Nobody likes a busy body do-gooder. Driving cars is a dangerous endeavor, so is riding a motorcycle, walking down the street and basically, walking out your front door every day. You worry about you and let the rest of the world worry about themselves. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would have happily paid twice as much if the Bronco had an all electric option. How's that for unpopular?
That's a monkeys paw wish right there. With its boxy, un-aerodynamic shape, lack of battery space thanks to its short wheelbase, and an already heavy curb weight, a Bronco EV probably would've weighed ~7000lbs and gotten 90 miles of range. I think it'd take another five years of R&D before that's viable unless they really compromise the car.

Sponsored

GeotechDuck

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride SX AWD / 2003 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is an unpopular take. The price of EBs is massively overinflated and prices will drop significantly once the new bronco is readily available and the overall market corrects due to inflation.

I see people paying 66 Shelby prices for EBs on Bring a Trailer. That is flat out CRAZY! There were 1,373 Shelbys produced in 1966. There were about 250k broncos produced from 66-77. To put things into perspective, that is double the number of C2 corvettes that were produced. At some point supply and demand will level back out and prices will come back down to earth.

After driving a 1970 as my daily driver for 10 years, I am excited to eventually get one of the new ones! Talk about luxury :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please note; Jason used "a" not "an". This means that your insult cannot begin with a vowel. Therefore terms such as ass, asshat, asshole, elephant, eff'er, imbecile, idiot, orange man, octo-mom, unitard and umbrella salesman are not grammatically correct. Please keep this in mind when choosing your insult.
"you are a ..." total asshole.
"you are a ..." useless pile of spare parts.
"you are a ..." completely unimaginative mudflap.
"you are a ..." f**cking asshat.

How's that?

edit: please note, before you go reporting me. these are tongue in cheek responses, I am NOT calling @TacocaT these names, or anyone on these forums these names. weary o' the ban hammer.

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2dr>4 Dr (I love the iconic look. I also own a '71). I'm ready to not be "Mom Taxi". This one is about me. There are pros and cons to each. I don't think less of you for driving. 4 door. It's great to have options.

I'm good with my ride just as it is. I'm not looking to break the bank on upgrades in my first 6 months. (Although I wish I had the bank roll some of these other owners have! 🤣)

The line, "I bought my wife a Bronco." is true in this case. And I (the wife, Kim) will love every minute driving it from work, to errands, to soccer games AND the trail with my oldest son. Not sure what is wrong with a husband treating his wife with her heart's desire.

Stop complaining about your pet peeves. If you don't love your Bronco, sell it and buy something else.

In the meantime, absolutely laughing at the back and forth here.

JessGreen

Black Diamond
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner, Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll play.

If you do flare deletes you suck and so does your Bronco.

The retro Bronco script IS ugly, especially in the location most people are putting them.

The stock trim badges actually look great.

Build quality is trash. bUt iTs aN oFfRoAd rIg. Yea, all the more reason to build something that doesn't fuckin rattle.

White parts look bad on 98% of "builds"

Steelies suck and I don't know why people love them.

What else 🤔

Very much agree with this one. Just one of the many reasons I hate the Braptor.
I agree with most of this and have been keeping my mouth closed.

Where is a better place for the trim badges?

I have a Black Diamond and I love the stock trim badges. I wonder why it seems like the majority of owners hate them.

I have steelies and am looking for wheels because the "sexy steelies" look like I have 5 spare tires.

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Then don't take yours off, and stop trying to babysit other adults. That might work?
i am not babysitting anyone. Just participating in an exchange of views and trying to provide information based on over 30 years of seeing how human life and bodies - often not just the driver’s - can be destroyed when a motorist’s emotions overcome common sense or their belief in their abilities to control a situation is overcome by chance and physics. You and your loved ones may appreciate those risks and not fall victim to that. I hope so of course. Ignore me if you like but calling me out as a nag for identifying a safety concern others may want to consider is rude.
Sponsored