First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We don’t have to worry a-boot it because you guys don’t produce anything that anyone wants.;)
Uuuhm…My pancakes would beg to differ. 😀
Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would have happily paid twice as much if the Bronco had an all electric option. How's that for unpopular?
My toaster is into ev’s. Just sayin’

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And the award for the most unpopular bronco opinion goes to.....
I vote to name it the “Karen” award. There are plenty that live every waking minute in fear and I see proof of it each day when I see people driving around alone in their vehicles with masks on. They will never roll down a window in their cars again, imagine the horror they would feel to drive around without doors!!

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/VcBEAjmNYk4APlFhaJ" width="480" height="268" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Badlux

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The issue is that removable doors force other design compromises that are undesirable for some.and put people in danger. Like kids especially. Just wait until a Bronco full of teenagers or a family gets t-boned.
A few things...
- Ford states in the manual doors should be removed off road only .
- Many states/townships will ticket you with doors off on the road. PA is one I know for sure.

doors.jpg

Sponsored

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I read a post last night where someone stuck their neck out and said the Bronco retro emblems are ugly, often times Chinese made plastic that we're all so giddy to throw on our 2022 vehicles....

This has me thinking what are other fun unpopular opinions?
I somewhat agree with the retro emblems opinion. In addition, I'll add:

• The "cool" color names are going to be forgotten in a few years, and people will be stuck with "blue" and "green" Broncos that aren't as cool as they used to be.
  • Bronco build quality seems poor, especially for the price. I expected better.
  • I don't consider them an "off-road" vehicle as so many people like to say, almost as if they're supposed to be exclusively off-road. Many people buy them because they're a fun convertible, and it's great if they are built tough for off-roading. That just adds an ability people might use at some point. I would never buy a $50k vehicle to off-road. I'll use my old Jeep TJ for that.
  • I'm dreading the "built not bought" mindset that will eventually come. Almost nobody builds a Bronco (or Jeep). What most do is add a bunch of stuff, often Chinese junk, and them claim they "built" it.

Last edited:

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I somewhat agree with the retro emblems opinion. In addition, I'll add:

• The "cool" color names are going to be forgotten in a few years, and people will be stuck with "blue" and "green" Broncos that aren't as cool as they used to be.
  • Bronco built quality seems poor, especially for the price. I expected better.
  • I don't consider them an "off-road" vehicle as so many people like to say, almost as if they're supposed to be exclusively off-road. Many people buy them because they're a fun convertible, and it's great if they are built tough for off-roading. That just adds an ability people might use at some point. I would never buy a $50k vehicle to off-road. I'll use my old Jeep TJ for that.
  • I'm dreading the "built not bought" mindset that will eventually come. Almost nobody builds a Bronco (or Jeep). What most do is add a bunch of stuff, often Chinese junk, and them claim they "built" it.
"built not bought" means you have a lot of tools and a lot of time on your hands

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
^This, or at least designed it with a flat floor and easy to remove rear seats.

Yes!!! My back seats are completely folded down 90% of the time. I would completely remove them, but occasionally, I still have someone in the backseat.

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We all bought the Gen6 Bronco because we couldn't afford the following:
  • Icon Bronco
  • Velocity Restorations Bronco
  • CFB Bronco
  • Maxlider Bronco
  • ENTER ANY OTHER RESTO-MOD SHOP HERE
🤣🤣

And getting a loan on a new vehicle is easier than trying to finance a rebuild. Although I think I have now discovered the wait may be the same. 😉(From someone with a '71 waiting for a rebuild in storage....)

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Were those tests done with the doors off? I have seen too many crash victims with limbs amputated by partial ejection in rollovers and otherwise killed or injured by ejection or t-bone impacts, particularly in vehicles that did not meet modern side impact standards, to agree that doors off is simply a matter of freedom of choice. Buy it and put yourself at risk if you like. But kids and adult passengers may not have a real choice; or may simply be ignorant of the risks. Hope you explain that to them before exposing them to it. I enjoy the other features and will buy the Bronco for those reasons. I can drive with doors on, I don’t want an Explorer.
After chopping mine up I can clearly see that the side curtain airbags would still be deployed w/o the doors attached. So at least there's that"cushion".

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  1. The sun visors cover the whole window and are pretty much useless.
  2. The rear seats don't fold flat, making for a weird bump.
  3. I hate that the plastic interior scratches so easily.
  4. Not Bronco-related but the Ford Sync/AA/ACP freezes and is very unreliable. Hold the power button and the skip forward button for a few seconds to reboot. This has saved me a lot of frustration.
This thread is for unpopular opinions.

GeotechDuck

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride SX AWD / 2003 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We all bought the Gen6 Bronco because we couldn't afford the following:
  • Icon Bronco
  • Velocity Restorations Bronco
  • CFB Bronco
  • Maxlider Bronco
  • ENTER ANY OTHER RESTO-MOD SHOP HERE
It’s either that or we are older now and decided that almost getting killed 1/2 dozen times in an EB isn’t worth it anymore. Better to have a new version where the headers don’t melt the brake line or where the rear drive shaft doesn’t let go on the freeway.
🤣