Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s either that or we are older now and decided that almost getting killed 1/2 dozen times in an EB isn’t worth it anymore. Better to have a new version where the headers don’t melt the brake line or where the rear drive shaft doesn’t let go on the freeway.
🤣
Ah yes who can forget 4 wheel drum brakes fading on a long downhill, 3 speed column shifters with finicky linkages, wipers that didn’t wipe, and door hinges that rusted away. But I still miss it…
Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? 89920A7A-36EA-4568-A823-8889292CEE89
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree with him so I'll jump in.
The silence and stillness at a stop is nice. The little bit a of gas saved is a bonus. I'm always disappointed when it's overridden by the HVAC or something.

Hello again. I'm the mythical non-smoker with my window cracked an inch. It's just the right amount to let in a little fresh air but keep most of the sun out (tinted).
Apparently jubangus isn't married to a woman going through "The Change". More times than not I hear "roll down your window a little. I'm having my own little personal summer over here". ;) :cool:

S Q U I N T S

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2022 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Design opinions are opinions and we all won't agree on anything but the biggest miss from my perspective is the design team and their overuse of "cute colors" on badge levels.

Did anyone connect the dots that Orange Trim or Components may in fact clash with the overall color scheme of some badge levels? Align the trim colors to the exterior color. If I have a Green vehicle, the majority of people will not want Orange or Royal Blue trim. The Bead Ring on the Sasquatch is another one.

Every Bronco is a single color and black with no chrome anywhere. "Hey, let's make the bead ring Silver!!!!"

Finally, changing available colors for customers that have the vehicle on order but can't get delivery on the current model year? It is not like AM Blue and Rapid Red aren't available in the Ford paint scheme. I am sure there was a business case to support it because no one is that stupid, but pulling the colors clearly showed a lack of empathy. I would have done anything to be sitting at the Conference Table when the project leadership was meeting on this. My guess is that I would have likely ran out of the building and bought a Toyota if I were witness to the brilliance that went into that decision.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Observation more than an opinion: Modern cars run too hot. Driving home at 78 MPH on cruise through Jellico area in Kentucky I maxed engine temp at 230, and Trans at 210. Well within the “ green range” but well above what I’d expect. Heat kills, I’d like to see lower operating temps.

It was interesting to see how it maintained setpoint speed. No RPM changes, no down shifts. The turbos made up for everything from headwinds to inclines. Just a different dynamic from what I’m used to.

Jason

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The issue is that removable doors force other design compromises that are undesirable for some.and put people in danger. Like kids especially. Just wait until a Bronco full of teenagers or a family gets t-boned.
Go buy a Volvo if that meets your needs. Do you complain you get wet when you ride a jet ski?

Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? 639F5ED8-6922-4FF0-A5A8-2CD1CB315419

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Gloss black grilles are hideous looking.
Been thinking about hitting mine with some black PlastiDip. Do they make a black no-gloss grille for the Bronco? Or are all non-glossy grilles gray plastic?

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Been thinking about hitting mine with some black PlastiDip. Do they make a black no-gloss grille for the Bronco? Or are all non-glossy grilles gray plastic?
I believe they are either gray or glossy black. A flat black would look awesome in my opinion

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Although I do like yhe gloss black on a black bronco

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Gloss black grills and gloss black wheels look awesome on the same rig

WildTraks are awesome

The speedometer is useless

Broncos look unfinished with doors off...but fun

Cyber Orange is the most playful color for Broncos

I love my Bronco

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Observation more than an opinion: Modern cars run too hot. Driving home at 78 MPH on cruise through Jellico area in Kentucky I maxed engine temp at 230, and Trans at 210. Well within the “ green range” but well above what I’d expect. Heat kills, I’d like to see lower operating temps.

It was interesting to see how it maintained setpoint speed. No RPM changes, no down shifts. The turbos made up for everything from headwinds to inclines. Just a different dynamic from what I’m used to.

Jason
I’m no physicist but I think I heard from my barber that in theory the hotter an engine is, the more efficient it becomes - meaning it doesn’t lose heat/energy to the surrounding atmosphere at as great a rate compared to if it ran cooler at the same specific power output. Heat doesn’t kill if the engine can take it.

TacocaT

Wildtrak
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Explorer Platinum, 15 Roadglide, 12 Duke 1199
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s either that or we are older now and decided that almost getting killed 1/2 dozen times in an EB isn’t worth it anymore. Better to have a new version where the headers don’t melt the brake line or where the rear drive shaft doesn’t let go on the freeway.
🤣
Better than the front shafts like on the 94+

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know, I got my bronco a few months ago, it genuinely doesn’t bother me all that much, but if there’s an option to change it or replace it with something else, I would do that. Would love an outline of the state of Texas or maybe a button to control a train horn lol
Train horn goes on an aux switch!

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“Leveled” looks really, really stupid. I hate it on full sized trucks more than on purpose-built off-roaders, but even on Jeeps and broncos it still looks really bad. It’s like those geniuses who put 20” (or bigger!) wheels on a lifted vehicle. Not enough sidewall to do anything requiring that much ground clearance. Every time I see either of those things I hear my southern grandma’s voice in my head: “aww, bless your heart”

Last edited: