Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Modern cars like the Bronco have been loaded with way too much unnessesary crap. If Ford had made a truck with manual windows and manual seats that had no ipad in the dash and that was actually trully a washout vehicle designed to leave topless in the rain... if they had actually made a modern vehicle that incorporated decelopments in automotive advancment and construction without all the forced digitisation; Ford would have dominated the car market for decades and reestablished the brand once again as the worlds preeminent car company.

Opportunity lost. As a share holder I expected better.
I mean, I leave my 4dr BD sas out in the rain with the doors off and it's just fine. The MGV seats dry out and don't mildew, and everything stays fine. I take 10 seconds to pull the soft top back to drive, and 5 seconds to pull it up when I park to keep the seats covered and keep the front from getting completely drenched (a casual sideways rain won't hurt it...). Doors and rear soft windows stay off the majority of the time. (i'll put it back together for long high speed road trips.) It's meant to get dirty and be a raw off roader. However, its a hell of a lot less tiring on long road trips and significantly more comfortable than my wife's 4dr jk. And don't get me started on how much better of a powertrain the 2.7L eco is over that dog of a 3.6L pentstar with no friggin torque...

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not necessarily a Bronco-only opinion, but offroad parks are trash. Here in the Southwest we wheel to get somewhere and see some unique sights, not just to put mud on the doors.
I would probably agree with that if I had more experience but here in the outskirts of Chicago off road parks are really the only option within 200 miles lol so happy they exist.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The shifter boot on the manual transmission is made of a weird neoprene material or something. Would have much preferred it be leather to go with the rest of my leather interior.

Bronco Bax

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read a post last night where someone stuck their neck out and said the Bronco retro emblems are ugly, often times Chinese made plastic that we're all so giddy to throw on our 2022 vehicles. Whatever you think of the retro script, it was refreshing to read a contrarian opinion.

This has me thinking what are other fun unpopular opinions?

Here's a few that have been on my mind...
  • BFG KO2's are an overrated AT tire that has been caught or passed by competitors since it's debut
  • Amber DRL's are obnoxious and overdone on most vehicles
  • Sasquatch package makes every single trim look worse (cartoonish proportions)
  • People who ordered Area 51 are so proud they chose a "color" when it's essentially gray
Area51 is blue? Do you mean cactus gray?

Sponsored

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
My unpopular opinions:
- the OEM stereo and speakers are adequate, not great but as good as most manufacturer standard stereos.
- Road noise with soft top on at highway speed is not loud/noisy.
- Bronco Sport is all the Bronco most full size bronco owners need.

For comparison I have been driving mostly Hondas for the last 20+ years (Fit, 3 Civic, Accord, CRV) plus an F-150, Ranger and a Smart Car.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My unpopular opinion is that every non Sasquatch Bronco is trash. They just look ugly and incomplete. The 35” tires and slight lift makes all the difference aesthetically.

Painted flares are also :sick: .

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PPF and ceramic coatings are a sham.

Sure it works, but for the cost, seems like a ridiculous amount of money to invest in trying to keep an OFF-ROAD vehicle looking pristine. (which if used for it's intent, it will never be.)

It's being much too precious with something utilitarian. And we've gone a century(?) without it being a necessity thus far.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which one inspires more confidence? I’d argue the 6th Gen Bronco. No vehicle makes the average consumer feel more like a hero.
Confidence? That old 200 CI Straight Six might have been wheezy, but they will still be running strong long after our turbo Broncos are gone.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Confidence? That old 200 CI Straight Six might have been wheezy, but they will still be running strong long after our turbo Broncos are gone.
300 CI straight 6 maybe

Sponsored

TMP

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super Duty 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I read a post last night where someone stuck their neck out and said the Bronco retro emblems are ugly, often times Chinese made plastic that we're all so giddy to throw on our 2022 vehicles. Whatever you think of the retro script, it was refreshing to read a contrarian opinion.

This has me thinking what are other fun unpopular opinions?

Here's a few that have been on my mind...
  • BFG KO2's are an overrated AT tire that has been caught or passed by competitors since it's debut
  • Amber DRL's are obnoxious and overdone on most vehicles
  • Sasquatch package makes every single trim look worse (cartoonish proportions)
  • People who ordered Area 51 are so proud they chose a "color" when it's essentially gray
Area 51 is gray? Are you color blind???

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I HATE the fact that Ford threw steelies on the black diamond. It just screams lazy to me and they covered it up by saying they did that to be more durable. Should have only come in base model. People have asked if mine was base model since I have steels on my black diamond lol
I love my steel rims.