Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the only difference between the FE wheels and the SAS wheels are the color of the beauty rings.

It seems pretty easy to swap them out. For me one of the drawbacks to the SAS wheels is that warm alloy beauty ring, swapping for a black ring or maybe a different color would be ideal.

I’m sure they will be available whether through Ford or aftermarket.

Anyone want to shed some more light on this? I know about zero on this topic...
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. Swappable. There are even additional colors listed in the accessory catalog.

So between the parts counter and the accessory catalog, you’ll have a few easy options... beyond that it would be easy to remove the ones you have to paint them any color you want.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes. Swappable. There are even additional colors listed in the accessory catalog.

So between the parts counter and the accessory catalog, you’ll have a few easy options... beyond that it would be easy to remove the ones you have to paint them any color you want.
I like the wildtrak SAS beauty rings but not the wildtrak price tag. I'm thinking I'll paint my basemansquatch rings black. The base's all black grill matching all black SAS wheels should look 👌🏼

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I prefer the alloy rings because they shouldn’t show scratches. If I get bored with them or decide I don’t like it, I plan to have the powder coated. It should be cheaper than buying a new set from Ford in a different color.

Sponsored

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the only difference between the FE wheels and the SAS wheels are the color of the beauty rings.

It seems pretty easy to swap them out. For me one of the drawbacks to the SAS wheels is that warm alloy beauty ring, swapping for a black ring or maybe a different color would be ideal.

I’m sure they will be available whether through Ford or aftermarket.

Anyone want to shed some more light on this? I know about zero on this topic...
I'm getting a carbon BL. Powder coating them orange asap.

Last edited:

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For you folks who are wanting to powder coat...Is this something you do yourselves or are you taking it to a body shop that has access to the matching paint for your rig and having them do it? What would something like that cost?

I'd really like to paint my SAS rings to match my body color or maybe my interior accent color, but I'm definitely not spending $300 to get that done.

OP
OP
RiseAbove

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Warm alloy" color looks better than the monotony of an all black wheel but of course that's my personal opinion.
Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? ss44
I guess the true test is to actually see it in person. You may be right. Pictures might not do it justice.

Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was interpreting the trim ring accessories as the rings that convert to the true bead lock, am I wring on that?
Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? 1613665018339

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was interpreting the trim ring accessories as the rings that convert to the true bead lock, am I wring on that?
Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? 1613665018339-
Excellent point.

Without prices it's hard to tell exactly... but I was interpreting the "Trim Ring" as the removable/replaceable aesthetic bit... also listed as "interior" and "exterior" which is funny, but is more in line with aesthetic stuff.

Whereas below it on the list is the "Beadlock Wheel Kit" in two different styles attributed to wheels... which I was thinking were going to be the actual beadlock conversion pieces... though maybe those are literally the wheels?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 11.16.57

Though, there is the single 30mm offset, 8.5" wide wheel that is "beadlock" capable, so that could be the "FPP BRONCO OFF-ROAD WHEEL" on that list... and then the kits below it would be the beadlock conversions...

Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 11.23.57

Last edited:

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excellent point.

Without prices it's hard to tell exactly... but I was interpreting the "Trim Ring" as the removable/replaceable aesthetic bit... also listed as "interior" and "exterior" which is funny, but is more in line with aesthetic stuff.

Whereas below it on the list is the "Beadlock Wheel Kit" in two different styles attributed to wheels... which I was thinking were going to be the actual beadlock conversion pieces... though maybe those are literally the wheels?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 11.23.57
I think you may be right. The part number for the Raptor kit is M-1021-RA1, M-1007-BRO1 would more closely align with that part number.

TD723

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went with shadow black for a body color, so I’m considering a contrast color for the beauty rings. Maybe something like dark black?

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hmm interesting I got just the black high gloss wheels. Wanted the AT tire. DORA mentions beadlock, although I'm sure it's supposed to be beauty.

Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? 1613665671368

But B&P makes it seem not beadlock capable. It doesn't matter to me as I never intended to but just another contradiction.

Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? 1613665858639

B&P also says M/T, DORA has A/T
Sponsored