Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm interesting I got just the black high gloss wheels. Wanted the AT tire. DORA mentions beadlock, although I'm sure it's supposed to be beauty.

1613665671368.png

But B&P makes it seem not beadlock capable. It doesn't matter to me as I never intended to but just another contradiction.

1613665858639.png

B&P also says M/T, DORA has A/T
I was worried someone was going to want to re-litigate this discrepancy if I posted that image.

;)

Basically, the 17x8" optional BL wheel with the beauty ring *has* been listed as beadlock capable in some Ford documents, and has it omitted in others.

I think it's possible that it could either just be a beauty ring not capable of accepting the beadlock conversion kit or it actually is beadlock capable, but they're omitting this info in some places to either limit confusion *or* let people think they have to upgrade to squelch for the functionality. We don't have any confirmation on it yet.

Give me a sec and I'll find the Ford doc that implies it is...

Here ya go:

Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 11.35.06

Oh!

And B&P will let you spec just the wheels without the M/T... you have to select the wheels first, and it will retain the A/T... if you select the M/T tires first it forces the wheels.

Here.. I just did it:

Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 11.37.56
Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For you folks who are wanting to powder coat...Is this something you do yourselves or are you taking it to a body shop that has access to the matching paint for your rig and having them do it? What would something like that cost?

I'd really like to paint my SAS rings to match my body color or maybe my interior accent color, but I'm definitely not spending $300 to get that done.
Powder coating is a not easy for DIY, especially given the size of the rings. You need to spray the powder on and then bake the parts. You won't find a paint match either, but rather you pick a color from a catalog that is a close enough match.

It's been a long time since I powder coated anything, but it was maybe $225 for a box full of motorcycle parts. It was well worth it, as painting small parts is a pain. The rings though might be easy enough to paint in your garage yourself.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was worried someone was going to want to re-litigate this discrepancy if I posted that image.
Ford would never release conflicting information. I don't believe you!

/s just in case

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
one of the first things I do get em powder coated
I wish WISH it could be done by Ford so I can pick it up the way I want it. Who knows.. maybe closer to delivery these beauty rings will be available and I can buy the black ones and have them mounted as I sign the paperwork. That, pod lights and the rock rail and im a happy man.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

straight from my Ford order, but I dont think you can shove a AT 33 tire and the optional wheels on the WBDO.

Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? 1613666630347

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford would never release conflicting information. I don't believe you!

/s just in case
After removing the beauty rings from both the Badlands optional wheels and the Sasquatch wheels, @LEGEND was able to confirm that both have the necessary threaded holes for the real beadlock rings.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

i didnt try so guess thats good to go. I know its separate line item.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
straight from my Ford order, but I dont think you can shove a AT 33 tire and the optional wheels on the WBDO.

Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? Order Summary Screen Shot
Agree with Zack - I have been told that, at least as of now, the AT tire can be kept for the optional BL carbonized beauty ring wheel. This was a question that TomB at Chapman answered for me...

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda weird....the Canadian option of the Beadlocks I ordered are $700. Everything is more pricey on the build this side of the 49th, but not the wheel option.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Part numbers match in both post.

I was interpreting the trim ring accessories as the rings that convert to the true bead lock, am I wring on that?
Excellent point.

Without prices it's hard to tell exactly... but I was interpreting the "Trim Ring" as the removable/replaceable aesthetic bit... also listed as "interior" and "exterior" which is funny, but is more in line with aesthetic stuff.

Whereas below it on the list is the "Beadlock Wheel Kit" in two different styles attributed to wheels... which I was thinking were going to be the actual beadlock conversion pieces... though maybe those are literally the wheels?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Though, there is the single 30mm offset, 8.5" wide wheel that is "beadlock" capable, so that could be the "FPP BRONCO OFF-ROAD WHEEL" on that list... and then the kits below it would be the beadlock conversions...

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with shadow black for a body color, so I’m considering a contrast color for the beauty rings. Maybe something like dark black?
Or maybe Cactus Black.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After removing the beauty rings from both the Badlands optional wheels and the Sasquatch wheels, @LEGEND was able to confirm that both have the necessary threaded holes for the real beadlock rings.
Here’s a pic of a 2021 Bronco with the real bead locks on them. Underneath the beauty rings are 24 threaded screw holes. Also, I’m gonna bet the rings shown in the accessory guide are/will be the real bead lock ring s with 24 holes, as those are the exact same colors as the bead locks options for the Raptor on Ford Performance Parts, , and you cannot get colored regular beauty rings for the Raptor, just the real bead locks.

On another note, I do like the warm alloy rings but when I get my BL Bronco I may paint them Carb Grey to match the top and grill, we shall see.

Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? 63DBEA0E-43D2-4868-B00F-2CE6516A5C60
%

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On another note, I do like the warm alloy rings but when I get my BL Bronco I may paint them Carb Grey to match the top and grill, we shall see.
The Carb Gray is part of the reason I like the Badlands optional wheels so much. I am also planning on painting or powder coating the warm alloy rings carb gray.
Sponsored