First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wondering if there is an easy way to adjust the speedo if and when you add larger or smaller tires? Is that a dealer fix or a setting?
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully it is a function in the instrument cluster, but no I would not be shocked if the hear has to be replaced at x tire size.
Any decent tuner for it will, but man would that be an awesome idea for Ford to include it in the factory instruments to change on the fly!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wondering if there is an easy way to adjust the speedo if and when you add larger or smaller tires? Is that a dealer fix or a setting?
No there isn't. Even with ForScan the max tire ratio on a stock Ford F-series is just under 34". Unless Ford starts offering 37's as a factory option, the ability to change those codes will not exist. Even if you attempt to adjust revolutions per mile on the tires, you still will not get it calibrated. Now since the Bronco offers 35's, it's a lock 35's can be added to a non-35 ride and ForScan the system to calibrate the speedo/odometer.

Since ForScan could in theory be on your laptop and you could use a OBDII adapter you can change that calibration pretty easy, as long as it is within the specs Ford allows.

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I use a Hypertech Calibrator on my F-150. Don't trust forscan.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No there isn't. Even with ForScan the max tire ratio on a stock Ford F-series is just under 34". Unless Ford starts offering 37's as a factory option, the ability to change those codes will not exist. Even if you attempt to adjust revolutions per mile on the tires, you still will not get it calibrated. Now since the Bronco offers 35's, it's a lock 35's can be added to a non-35 ride and ForScan the system to calibrate the speedo/odometer.

Since ForScan could in theory be on your laptop and you could use a OBDII adapter you can change that calibration pretty easy, as long as it is within the specs Ford allows.
News to me. Ive been running 35s on my ‘17 F150 and used Forscan to adjust the speedo/tire size calculation and its been spot on for 2.5yrs.
Sponsored