First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi A5 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am seeing some good wheel and tire take off deals in my area on Craigslist. For the right price I wouldn't mind picking a set up as a "winter" setup. how hard is it to move the TPMS between sets? Can a tire shop do this easily? I am not familiar with how this system works on these, is it affixed to the rim or the stem?
Sponsored

Cybindustries1904

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Raptor, Mach E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you can add tpms to any set of wheels

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's my take. Buy an extra set of sensors for the new wheels/tires.
Every time a tire tech monkeys with the mounting/balancing (which is required to change sensors) you take a chance damaging the wheels. Not to mention the added cost to mount/balance the tires every time.
Even if folks are going to sell their take-offs, the take-offs will be worth at least $300 more w/sensors installed if the new owner doesn't have to buy new sensors and visit the tire shop.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely buy a second set of TPMS. They’re fairly cheap on tirerack.com

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Or just don't buy another set. I never had any on my winter wheels

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bought a set of OBX takeoffs and the BCM recognized all 5 without a TPMS tool or Forscan.

TPMS only costs about $5-6 at most. They're were just constrainted due to the Wu Flu since most or all are made in the P.R.C.

OP
OP

broncocoy

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi A5 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Base
So if I find a set of Bronco take offs the TPMS sensors should just connect with my car automatically?

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if I find a set of Bronco take offs the TPMS sensors should just connect with my car automatically?
Yes they will.! Levittown Ford sells a genuine Ford 5 sensors kit with sync tool for less than $200. I bought a set of Sasq. takeoffs and did not think about them not having sensors. The seller had them removed to put in his aftermarket wheels.
Ford Bronco Wheel/tire take offs questions 512836C7-DC0B-4473-B8BB-65B379A7B510

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had ordered the set above from Levittown Ford but they were going to take 2-3 weeks I paid $45 from the tire shop that is installed my 35” Falken’s.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I changed wheels on my C6 Corvette recently. I had never changed TMPS sensors before. Instead of using the old TPMS sensors I bought new ones. I had to shop around as prices varied a lot. I installed the new sensors myself then brought the wheels and tires to a tire shop. Just be careful not to over tighten them. Or under tighten them. I had one too loose and lost air on a drive and had to find an air pump fast! They did not connect automatically. I had to buy a scan tool, it was like $20.00 from Amazon to get them to connect. The Bronco may be different and the sensors may connect automatically.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought a takeoff set with sensors they connected by themselves and have worked flawlessly. Once they have the ford frequency I believe they will connect again. So you wouldn’t have a problem swapping back and forth between wheels. When you buy new thats where the activation tool comes into play.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you in advance, I really know nothing of tires.

Does anyone know if the Black Diamond upgraded wheel on General Grabbers would fit on a non SAS BB without changing the driving dynamics and etc?

So for example, I prefer the look of them, but don't want to drastically alter my daily driving experience.

OP
OP

broncocoy

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi A5 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you in advance, I really know nothing of tires.

Does anyone know if the Black Diamond upgraded wheel on General Grabbers would fit on a non SAS BB without changing the driving dynamics and etc?

So for example, I prefer the look of them, but don't want to drastically alter my daily driving experience.
Yes they will, you will notice no difference in the drive ability as they are both in the 32” range. The stock non sas Bronco can run up to 33.5”s with no rubbing clearance or drivability changes. If you made the swap from BB wheels to the upgraded BD wheels you would notice no noticeable speedo changes or MPG changes.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes they will, you will notice no difference in the drive ability as they are both in the 32” range. The stock non sas Bronco can run up to 33.5”s with no rubbing clearance or drivability changes. If you made the swap from BB wheels to the upgraded BD wheels you would notice no noticeable speedo changes or MPG changes.
Thank you!

Side note: I posted my question because I saw the BD wheels and tires being offered for a great price on here. Almost too good, so I was very hesitant and decided against it. Turns out it was a scam and the poster was banned.