Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey Folks
After reading and yes searching through the threads, I have an unanswered question or two.

The Wife and I are getting a Black Diamond
we are thinking of 37x13.50R20 Tires on a 20x12 Rim ( which is what I currently run on my Jeep )

The wife is dead set on a 4" Lift on the new rig

So question time:

Does the Bronco sit on its own frame/wheelbase, or was it built on another frame/wheelbase ( Case and point the Gladiator sits on a ram 1500 wheelbase )

and I know, no-one has their hands on one yet, but an educated guess would work....

I am curious as to which lift kit might be comparable/compatible with the Bronco

We do not want to pay $3500-$5000 for sasquatch only to have to throw away the wheels and tires and then have to buy new wheels and tires and lift it even more... whats the point...lol

(Please do not crucify me, I just need your thoughts on it,. If you have a negative comment, keep it to yourself and scroll past please)
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Bronco frame is it's own. Your are asking about aftermarket parts for a vehicle that does not yet exist. You can bet that the aftermarket will be very strong. With SEMA cancelled for this year you are going to have to wait and see. 20x12's brodozer. (n)

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think the chases is a modified Ranger chases; not sure about actual wheelbase. I'm assuming that you're talking 4 door here.

I know you're trying to get your planning in order for the arrival and map out your mods (Your wife wants the 4" lift? She's a keeper for sure!), but at this point we don't even know who is giving after market support. However, I know that Fox, Bilstien, and think I read that TeraFlex are developing lifts for Bronco. This may be a rumor, so who knows. Personally, I'm holding out hope for ICON.

If going with Black Diamond and no Sasquatch, you'll want to look into more than just lifting. With those big tires there will be more mods needed for gearing, steering, and basically the entire suspension system.

Just stating the obvious, as I think you know this, but in doing so, things will get pricey. I see you've set a realistic budget, but I think it'll end up being $1500-$2500 more if you're going to get quality parts in order to take it off road. If you're not going to wheel the truck, you can cut a few corners here and there.

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand it to be on a Ranger based chassis. The front will have a limit to the amount of lift possible based on CV axle angle. Large amounts of lift will require a front cross member spacer. I would suspect the rear will be similar to lifts for the Wrangler such as long arms, coil overs etc.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

To me there is a trade off in paying for a Badlands to get the lockers and disco, and then having to throw out Bilsteins and some of the IFS for a lot later, and sitting on a Black Diamond until lifts become available but having to add the lockers and hope for a detachable sway bar link option.

(I am sorry but) When I read 20ā€ wheels, I am assuming the capabilities coming from front locker and disconnects may not be a priority, so non-Squatch BD is a great starting point. Which is the beauty and fun of each person building to their needs!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will you be wheeling the bronco? You'll be gaining 1" ground clearance going from 35s to 37s and that's before airing down. I'm sure you know this owning a jeep. Do you need 4" of lift and raising the center of gravity up higher.

I own both sides of the spectrum, a wrangler with low center of gravity 2.5" lift, 35s, high clearance fenders and the transmission/tcase tucked up above the frame rails and then a f150 w/ 6" lift on 35s. Truck obviously is that way due to its wheelbase and ground clearance when rock crawling. Jeeps lowest point are the diffs which I can't resolve without significantly larger tires.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Think the chases is a modified Ranger chases
The Bronco is not based on the old generation Ranger chassis.

The Bronco chassis is an entirely new design.

The next generation Ranger will be based on this chassis.

Ford Bronco Wheelbase and Suspension Lift Kits FordBronco_parts_02 - Copy

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To me there is a trade off in paying for a Badlands to get the lockers and disco, and then having to throw out Bilsteins and some of the IFS for a lot later, and sitting on a Black Diamond until lifts become available but having to add the lockers and hope for a detachable sway bar link option.

(I am sorry but) When I read 20ā€ wheels, I am assuming the capabilities coming from front locker and disconnects may not be a priority, so non-Squatch BD is a great starting point. Which is the beauty and fun of each person building to their needs!
I run 20s on my truck (35" MT tires) and wife runs 20s (32.5" AT tires) on her grand Cherokee, both get aired down to 17-18psi and both rock crawl and do serious trails. Optimal no, but in 4yrs no issues or damage yet. My jeep has 35" MT w/ 15" lots of sidewall there.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you'll be waiting a while for Bronco aftermarket support. Look how long it's taken for the gladiator or even the JL diesel aftermarket lift support, which is why mopar beat everyone to the punch (which is a first).

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Will you be wheeling the bronco? You'll be gaining 1" ground clearance going from 35s to 37s and that's before airing down. I'm sure you know this owning a jeep. Do you need 4" of lift and raising the center of gravity up higher.

I own both sides of the spectrum, a wrangler with low center of gravity 2.5" lift, 35s, high clearance fenders and the transmission/tcase tucked up above the frame rails and then a f150 w/ 6" lift on 35s. Truck obviously is that way due to its wheelbase and ground clearance when rock crawling. Jeeps lowest point are the diffs which I can't resolve without significantly larger tires.
So the interesting question then is: where would you start your build if you intended to aftermarket lift and put on bigger tires (and wheels): BL or BD?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the interesting question then is: where would you start your build if you intended to aftermarket lift and put on bigger tires (and wheels): BL or BD?
Iā€™m with you on starting with a Badlands. The lockers alone with a few other bits are parts that are good to get stock. of course Iā€™m talking about a build for off road application.

targas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my JK, I only have a 3.5" long arm lift, and I run 40's (fender wells are cleared out). I prefer a lower CG to be less tippy on the obstacles. It works well. I'm not a fan of tall lifts, never have been.

Not sure how that will translate to the Bronco, but I would love to be on 37's (4 door) but I want to make sure the D44 (and other components) will hold up to it. I know it will be fine on the street, but I'm concerned about on the trails. Older D44's aren't as strong as the newer ones.

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well the wife is planning on going with the badsquatch and replacing the wheels but staying on 35s. Sasquatch bc of the 4.7 ratio, lockers, higher mounted flares. I haven't really looked at the trims to be honest. Badlands for the discos, rock crawl mode, heavy duty front/rear bumpers. But I may want to cross compare deeper between the BD and BL.
Sponsored