Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going Sasquatch puts you roughly 2" over a regular Bronco as is and there's been rumors of a factory developed 2" inch lift for awhile now. Going 37's will get you another inch. That may put you in the ballpark of where you're looking to be.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

well the wife is planning on going with the badsquatch and replacing the wheels but staying on 35s. Sasquatch bc of the 4.7 ratio, lockers, higher mounted flares. I haven't really looked at the trims to be honest. Badlands for the discos, rock crawl mode, heavy duty front/rear bumpers. But I may want to cross compare deeper between the BD and BL.
So I have been thinking BL - no Squatch - and doing a 2” lift aftermarket when the Bilsteins wear out.

Squatch or no Squatch is kind of driven by gearing. In my case 7MT so it will include the 4.7.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I have been thinking BL - no Squatch - and doing a 2” lift aftermarket when the Bilsteins wear out.

Squatch or no Squatch is kind of driven by gearing. In my case 7MT so it will include the 4.7.
Yeah she is going auto w/ the 2.7

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow if you’re just gonna “throw away” the wheels and tires, I’ll take em
I don't think anyone said we were throwing away wheels and tires lol but I will say that Ive removed the factory wheels and tires off the last few vehicles before leaving the dealership parking lot and sold them within 2 days. Plan on doing the same with the wife's Bronco and my next truck here shortly.

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think anyone said we were throwing away wheels and tires lol but I will say that Ive removed the factory wheels and tires off the last few vehicles before leaving the dealership parking lot and sold them within 2 days. Plan on doing the same with the wife's Bronco and my next truck here shortly.
Lol I was just teasing bc of the extra dramatics saying they would have to throw away the Sasquatch wheels/tires and wasting all that money ?

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Folks
After reading and yes searching through the threads, I have an unanswered question or two.

The Wife and I are getting a Black Diamond
we are thinking of 37x13.50R20 Tires on a 20x12 Rim ( which is what I currently run on my Jeep )

The wife is dead set on a 4" Lift on the new rig

So question time:

Does the Bronco sit on its own frame/wheelbase, or was it built on another frame/wheelbase ( Case and point the Gladiator sits on a ram 1500 wheelbase )

and I know, no-one has their hands on one yet, but an educated guess would work....

I am curious as to which lift kit might be comparable/compatible with the Bronco

We do not want to pay $3500-$5000 for sasquatch only to have to throw away the wheels and tires and then have to buy new wheels and tires and lift it even more... whats the point...lol

(Please do not crucify me, I just need your thoughts on it,. If you have a negative comment, keep it to yourself and scroll past please)
I see you are in Florida, so I'm going to ask based on that. Why a 12" wide wheel? I air way down in sand or rocks, so if you are planning on some beach/dune fun, you'd be more capable with a 10" wheel. If you're doing it for looks, that's cool. I was just curious.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is not based on the old generation Ranger chassis.

The Bronco chassis is an entirely new design.

The next generation Ranger will be based on this chassis.

FordBronco_parts_02 - Copy.jpg
According to former Product Development Chief Raj Nair, the Bronco will share its frame with the Ranger pickup, which made its debut for the 2019 model year.

From Motor1.com for what it's worth.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

According to former Product Development Chief Raj Nair, the Bronco will share its frame with the Ranger pickup, which made its debut for the 2019 model year.

From Motor1.com for what it's worth.
A search of the Bronco forum will lead to much more authoritative information.

While we all know the new Bronco will be based on the new Ranger Chassis

The point that he and I are making is that it is not being built on the "Ranger platform". It is being built on a T6 platform -- which is just a Fordspeak way of saying "midsize body on frame" with fewer syllables.
Since the T6 will be a new design underpinning the 2021MY Bronco, and the Ranger will not exist at the time of the Bronco's release, it would be more correct to say that the Ranger is based on the Bronco. Most accurate would be to say that they "share architecture" to some degree. It's semantics, but to say that the Bronco is "based on" the Ranger is a non-sequitur, as the Bronco is ahead of the Ranger in both production and release.
I guess I was reading to far between the lines. When I think "Ranger platform" I associate it with the T6 (midsize body on frame) architecture. To me they are the same thing. So if someone asked me if the Bronco and Ranger shared the same platform to me the answer is yes. While I understand that it is a modular platform that might have "major" differences between them, they are both on what Ford calls the T6 platform.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s no doubt bigger lifts will happen relatively quickly. That’s usually one of the first things to come to market once the companies get their hands on a Bronco and/or CAD files. They’ve likely already started ballparking spring rates, shock values, etc. Some companies (like Fox, partnered with Ford), will likely already have CAD files to develop bracketry and such.

If you intend to really do this as soon as possible, the lift/wheels/tires from the Sasquatch are likely fairly pointless for you. Somebody will buy them though, albeit for way less than you’ll spend getting the package.

The big question is which axle comes on BD without Squatch? I haven’t read about anything except BL so I’m not sure there. If you’re getting the smaller axle without Squatch, I think it’s definitely worth the upgrade if you’re gonna run 37’s eventually. The smaller axle just isn’t going to last long with that much tire.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

me too

OP
OP
Peter561

Peter561

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I see you are in Florida, so I'm going to ask based on that. Why a 12" wide wheel? I air way down in sand or rocks, so if you are planning on some beach/dune fun, you'd be more capable with a 10" wheel. If you're doing it for looks, that's cool. I was just curious.

I prefer the stability it offers on 95 doing 95... lol ( i meant 65 officer, my key board gets stuck on high speeds...lol) We took the jeep into the dirt a few times and after paying $680 the last time to get it cleaned up, the wife said hell no... that white dust just stains EVERYTHING!!! lol

Also my previous wheels were 17 x 9 with 35, we were all over the road with those... after switching to the 20x 12... the really don;t look as horrible as you would imagine... the ride quality was amazing.... if you think of it in terms or ratio... 17x10 with 35 and 20 x 12 running 37x 13.5 's... not much of a difference, side wall has the same size, and the tire over wheel width is not much different...

That's the way I justify it to myself, anyway...lol
Sponsored