Sponsored

When buying a USED Bronco (someday in the future) which features will be most valuable to you?

When buying a USED Bronco (someday in the future) which features will be most valuable to you?

• Total voters

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In trying to get a rear locker I can either go Base+Sasquatch or Big Bend + rear locker for about the same $$.

In my mind the Base + Sasquatch will have lots more value down the road then the Big Bend fender sticker and a few convenience features.

But I wondered if that was the case with everyone..
I think a sales ad reading "2021 Bronco Sasquatch" will sell a whole lot better than "2021 Bronco Big Bend" That'd be like "Wrangler Rubicon" vs "Wrangler Sport S"
Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly the only deal breakers are the engine and transmission. Everything else will be easy to modify in a few years. This is why I'm going with a Base model but getting the 2.7L and AT.

OP
OP
tokyo

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly the only deal breakers are the engine and transmission. Everything else will be easy to modify in a few years. This is why I'm going with a Base model but getting the 2.7L and AT.
I feel the same except with the rear locker.

Although yes it could be added later much easier than swapping from a 2.3 to a 2.7!

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Enthusiasts like 2dr with larger engines locking diffs and big tires...where is my shocked face?

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
tokyo

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Enthusiasts like 2dr with larger engines locking diffs and big tires...where is my shocked face?
True, true

Rear locker as expected but I didn't think front locker would be as popular as it is

OP
OP
tokyo

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think a sales ad reading "2021 Bronco Sasquatch" will sell a whole lot better than "2021 Bronco Big Bend" That'd be like "Wrangler Rubicon" vs "Wrangler Sport S"
I think you are right.

This super scientific, 100% accurate poll that is guaranteed to be representative of all future used Bronco purchasers definitely supports that.

If you are on the fence between going up a trim or adding Sasquatch it appears that among enthusiasts the Sasquatch package will probably have higher resale.

Nothing shocking there but reaffirms my decision to get Base + Sasquatch rather than Big Bend + Rear Locker. In case I need to sell in a few years to buy an electric Bronco or Warthog or?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think you are right.

This super scientific, 100% accurate poll that is guaranteed to be representative of all future used Bronco purchasers definitely supports that.

If you are on the fence between going up a trim or adding Sasquatch it appears that among enthusiasts the Sasquatch package will probably have higher resale.

Nothing shocking there but reaffirms my decision to get Base + Sasquatch rather than Big Bend + Rear Locker. In case I need to sell in a few years to buy an electric Bronco or Warthog or?
I am on the fence between a BaseBase and a Basquatch. All the logic here says go Basquatch and it is an incredible value...but $6g grand is $6 grand....

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am on the fence between a BaseBase and a Basquatch. All the logic here says go Basquatch and it is an incredible value...but $6g grand is $6 grand....
It's a value for someone who will in real life use the Sas features. Otherwise it's a 6k mind game.

In terms of resale, outside of this forum things like rear locker will probably have much less value. I mean trading in the vehicle at the dealer, they are not going gaga over rear locker. Nor is some private buyer showing up because the Bronco seems cool.

Also sometimes the best value is the lowest cost buy that gets you in the neighborhood. Base with some upgraded tires should be a lot of fun.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tokyo

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's a value for someone who will in real life use the Sas features. Otherwise it's a 6k mind game.

In terms of resale, outside of this forum things like rear locker will probably have much less value. I mean trading in the vehicle at the dealer, they are not going gaga over rear locker. Nor is some private buyer showing up because the Bronco seems cool.

Also sometimes the best value is the lowest cost buy that gets you in the neighborhood. Base with some upgraded tires should be a lot of fun.
Yeah, I agree. well stated.

You can still get many of the other high value items like 2.7 and even add a lift and 33's to Base pretty easy too.

If I didn't really want the rear locker I would go BaseBase 2.7 myself.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, I agree. well stated.

You can still get many of the other high value items like 2.7 and even add a lift and 33's to Base pretty easy too.

If I didn't really want the rear locker I would go BaseBase 2.7 myself.
Yep, I did an objective value analysis and they came out in this order:

Base 2.7
Base Base
Base 2.3 auto
Base Sasquatch

I did Big Bend and Black Diamond trims too and they weren't even close.

But, I currently own a Rubicon and loosing the lockers, although not used frequently, would hurt, it's hard to go backwards. Also, although I think 35's are a bit large (I might switch to 33's), the extra 1.5" suspension lift on the Sas would be nice. Modern vehicles are just too low slung.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tokyo

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, with a Rubicon I can totally understand not wanting to give up the locker.

I want 33's as well, with the 4.7 gearing on the Sasquatch it will be 2,500 RPM at 80mph but that's what my wife's Venza turns at 80 so should be fine.

Kind of a big jump from the 2,000 RPM at 80MPH I have now on my F150 with 3.73 and 33's but still workable.

With the 2.7 motor, 4.7 gears and 33's it will probably need lockers on the street with full throttle launches haha. Should be a rocket.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm trying to wrap my head around "used bronco"...haha I wonder who be the first to get then sell it! I really wish they make the 21s 2021.5s. Be cool!

OP
OP
tokyo

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs