First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I just got the news that the 2 door badlands I ordered has finally arrived, however now it looks like there might be some runaround on the pricing.

I placed the order in person in December 2021. I don't remember the exact price at that time but could probably dig it up.

In July 2022 I added LUX and got confirmation that was added.

In October 2022 I was notified that they were going to have to roll me over to a 2023 model year, at which point a new build sheet was created, with a total price of $57475

Just a few days later Ford Announced the private offer to order holders without a production date. As far as I know this was supposed to compensate me for the raise in price from 22 to 23. In my case the private offer should be $2450

Now the number on the sticker is $61475 and they are saying that the $2450 is supposed to come off of that. I know the MSRP went up in the last year, but don't remember when exactly. I'm almost positive it was AFTER I got my last build sheet and AFTER the private offer was announced.

I call BS on this increase, I was given a price when I placed my order. The absolute most I should be paying is what's on that latest build sheet, and the private offer really should be coming off of that. Am I wrong?
Sponsored

OP
OP
StinkBug

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep, should have made my way through there first. Oops.

Someone tell me if I'm reading this wrong. Column B shows $2450, add Column C at $2000, Column D at 500, and Column DD for SAS and LUX at $750 each, and I come up with $6450 that should be coming off the sticker correct? That brings me back to what I remember the original price being, and also matches the last build sheet minus the first $2450 private offer.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The easiest way to figure is the build sheet from October '22 minus the private offer. All increases from October to the actual build are covered by retail price protection which is what the charts are for. Like you found out, take them off the current sticker and you are back at the October price which is exactly what they are supposed to do. So yes, you are reading things correctly.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
As others have said, Sticker should be meaningless. You ordered based on a build/price sheet (normally called a DORA around here). That is the price you are supposes to pay, minus the Private Offer (which is basically a Ford Factory rebate just for you).

Ford's "Retail Price Protection" protects any customer order from interim price increases within a model year. So the dealer will pay the invoice price based on the ORDER, not DELIVERY cost.

If the dealer is trying to charge you sticker instead of DORA price, then he's simply trying to pad his pockets with the difference, not Ford Motor Company.

Your price should be $57475 from your build sheet, minus $2450 Private Offer = $53025, plus tax, license, DOC fee (limited to $80 in California) etc...

OP
OP
StinkBug

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well we picked it up today, and I gotta say our dealer knocked it out of the park for us. I was nervous after seeing all the horror stories on here, and when I saw the higher sticker price. It took a couple days for the dealer to get everything sorted out on my missing private offer cert, but since I was going out of town anyways it was no trouble for me. I talked to them before flying home and they had gotten everything straight, right down to the penny without any need to play hardball or anything like that.

We went down this morning and picked it up, they had it all clean and waiting out front with everything in order on the paperwork. Was probably the easiest car buying experience we've ever had. If only it could have gotten here sooner.....but then I wouldn't have bought my wildtrak 6 months ago, and we wouldn't have 2 now.

Big thanks to the folks at Gosch Ford Escondido, CA and Josh Jamison especially for doing exactly what they promised 19 months ago, and making this such a great experience.

359529660_10230004182398799_6837296189757566016_n.jpg
Sponsored