First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a Badlands with Sasquatch. And while I know it will never actually be built and delivered, I need some help from all of you as to the appropriate disclosures based on the following facts: (1) My wife is 5' 2'' tall; (2) Badlands has rock rails so that it cannot be fitted with a step.

The issue is this: when should I start prepping my wife about the potential need for a step stool to get in the Bronco? Do I wait and act confused by its height? Do I blame ford and claim its related to the slow rollout of the modular roof? Do I show her a nice set of step-stools that match Area 51? Do I get her a personal trainer to work on her vertical leap? Hmmm. Not sure how to play this. Or, do I come clean today about the potential issue?
Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a Badlands with Sasquatch. And while I know it will never actually be built and delivered, I need some help from all of you as to the appropriate disclosures based on the following facts: (1) My wife is 5' 2'' tall; (2) Badlands has rock rails so that it cannot be fitted with a step.

The issue is this: when should I start prepping my wife about the potential need for a step stool to get in the Bronco? Do I wait and act confused by its height? Do I blame ford and claim its related to the slow rollout of the modular roof? Do I show her a nice set of step-stools that match Area 51? Do I get her a personal trainer to work on her vertical leap? Hmmm. Not sure how to play this. Or, do I come clean today about the potential issue?
The aftermarket should come up with some kind of step that will attach to the factory rock rail. Maybe you can pre-order them and have them ready to install before she even notices...

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Badlands has rock rails so that it cannot be fitted with a step.
Most likely not true. Yes it may take some finagling and maybe a cut here and weld there, they can coexist.

MaXberN

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica / Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I had my 10A Rubicon with a 4.5" long arm lift I carried a tool box in the back. I brought it out for my mom to use as a step when I took her out and about. She is 5'2" and was in her 60s at the time. Worked like a charm. Oh and don't forget the grab handles. Those help a lot!

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the entertainment factor: Wait and act just as surprised as she is. Put your hand on your hip and make a fist with the other, shaking it at the sky.
Muster up a tear for good measure and shake your fist violently while sinking to your knees.
Make sure and scream really loudly "WHY!!!?? FORD, WHYYY??!! You shifty Bastards!!!!!"

Or if not, at least wait until after the cutoff to make changes to approach the subject in a totally adult and meaningful, heartfelt way. That way it can't be changed and you have to look at alternative measures to enter the vehicle.

Personal trainer= pool boy.
He might be the one getting a base on the small wheels and tires.
You'll be left alone watching the non-sig taillights fade in the dust.

*advice given is strictly for comedic reasons and should not be followed under any circumstances.
*no guarantees expressed or implied about the positive outcome of any scenario
*Personal trainer advice is solid. Maybe. 10% of the time it is right 100% of the time.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i brought home a T1N sprinter to a 4'11' pregnant girl.

easy fix, milk crate. and you are a gentleman when you help her in and our, her friends will be jealous of the attention.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol i was in the same boat ! GF was taller so its okay,the wife made great lasagna ill miss that.

Tell the truth theres not many issues that cant be fixed or comprimised ,and being sneaky with you #1 wont turn out well.

Cryztus

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha! I am going through the same dilemma. Even though it may be possible to install some steps, it would be funny as hell to see her trying to hop in. I am going to wait for the first few struggles and then consider a modification for her.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol i was in the same boat ! GF was taller so its okay,the wife made great lasagna ill miss that.

Tell the truth theres not many issues that cant be fixed or comprimised ,and being sneaky with you #1 wont turn out well.
I had to read this 3 times.
At first I thought you had a short wife AND a tall GF. At the same time.
Hey man, not my place to judge.
You do you.
But then I got it.
Congrats on the GF, condolences about the lasagna.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since the recent rediscovery of Big Red... maybe you could reverse engineer the entry system of it.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had to read this 3 times.
At first I thought you had a short wife AND a tall GF. At the same time.
Hey man, not my place to judge.
You do you.
But then I got it.
Congrats on the GF, condolences about the lasagna.
Yeah i learned to cook it now everything is great👍

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tell her you'll be getting a set of the Rockslide Engineering sliders as soon as they are available!