Sponsored

When do we pay for our Bronco - when ordering or delivery?

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So when do we pay? At the time of order or upon delivery? Anyone know?
Sponsored

Zraver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Pathfindet, 85 300zx
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Delivery, some dealers will also ask for earnest money when converting reservation to order.

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Delivery, some dealers will also ask for earnest money when converting reservation to order.
what does that mean exactly? Anybody with experience ordering before? Are we talking $500 or sign a contract? Cause I plan on trading in my Highlander when I buy this.

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what does that mean exactly? Anybody with experience ordering before? Are we talking $500 or sign a contract? Cause I plan on trading in my Highlander when I buy this.
They might ask for a deposit to make sure you're serious before ordering your vehicle. The financing and everything else doesn't happen until delivery.

Zraver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Pathfindet, 85 300zx
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My current dealer told me they will want $500 when the order banks open. This will be added to the $100 and applied towards down payment when delivered and sold. I've seen other amounts from 0-$1000 do I have a suspicion that the amount asked for is what the dealer needs for thier floor plan account.

Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So when do we pay? At the time of order or upon delivery? Anyone know?
You pay when you finalize all paperwork either remotely or on site. If a dealer requires you to pre pay before they have the vehicle you should probably not do business with them. Too many things can go wrong. Once all documents are signed and you have taken delivery of the vehicle, that is when you own and are responsible for it.

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm in Miami and saw Midway Ford was on the no ADM/x-plan list here, so I reserved with them. I chatted with a salesman there this weekend and he told me they would require a $5k non-refundable deposit to order.

I take that with a grain of salt, because he may not have a clue. That said, I'm looking at other dealers to switch to by October to avoid and shenanigans like this.

Make sure to chat with whomever you're ordering with by the October dealer switch dealing and get something in writing on tht process. This should be easier once they release pricing.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My current dealer told me they will want $500 when the order banks open. This will be added to the $100 and applied towards down payment when delivered and sold. I've seen other amounts from 0-$1000 do I have a suspicion that the amount asked for is what the dealer needs for thier floor plan account.
You shouldn't have to put any added deposit down. That dealership is making their own rules. Ford Motor Company required a 100 deposit which has already been given to that dealership. Please be careful!!

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in Miami and saw Midway Ford was on the no ADM/x-plan list here, so I reserved with them. I chatted with a salesman there this weekend and he told me they would require a $5k non-refundable deposit to order.

I take that with a grain of salt, because he may not have a clue. That said, I'm looking at other dealers to switch to by October to avoid and shenanigans like this.

Make sure to chat with whomever you're ordering with by the October dealer switch dealing and get something in writing on tht process. This should be easier once they release pricing.
Call sawgrass ford they're not doing that

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You shouldn't have to put any added deposit down. That dealership is making their own rules. Ford Motor Company required a 100 deposit which has already been given to that dealership. Please be careful!!
NayNay is correct. If a Dealer asks you to put down any more $ when you order? Transfer your reservation. Make the Dealer confirm that no additional $ is required before you order through them. Remember, you can only transfer your reservation once. As NayNay says "Be careful"

Sponsored

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Put down as small of deposit as possible when placing your order. Expect to pay MSRP and do not accept any ADM when ordering, get it in writing on paper as a valid contract. especially considering your dealer would love for you to not take delivery and allow them to sell your bronco to someone else with a lofty ADM

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No way, absolutely not, these dealers will be begging for peanuts by this time next year, don't fall for their crap

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Put down as small of deposit as possible when placing your order. Expect to pay MSRP and do not accept any ADM when ordering, get it in writing on paper as a valid contract. especially considering your dealer would love for you to not take delivery and allow them to sell your bronco to someone else with a lofty ADM
My Dealer, Walnut Creek Ford (WC) in California is requesting a $500.00 deposit above the $100.00 Reservation. Which isn't a problem for me. WC has posted here on 6g, and text me. That they will honor X Plan for their reservation holders that have had their reservations with WC prior to 10/19/20. Your recommendations are well taken, and I will get everything in writing before I give them the $500.00 deposit. Thanks.

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Dealer, Walnut Creek Ford (WC) in California is requesting a $500.00 deposit above the $100.00 Reservation. Which isn't a problem for me. WC has posted here on 6g, and text me. That they will honor X Plan for their reservation holders that have had their reservations with WC prior to 10/19/20. Your recommendations are well taken, and I will get everything in writing before I give them the $500.00 deposit. Thanks.
I think $400 to $500 deposit is reasonable and that's what I expect to put down, that's awesome that they plan on honoring x plan, I hope you have a great day
Sponsored