Sponsored

When do you actually submit for credit.... At order or at delivery?

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am settling on a new house in early Febuary and dont want to run any additional hits on my credit before closing.

Ford Pre-Approved me for over 100k.

I have no problem making a cash deposit. Just dont want to run anything that could affect the morgage till its signed and all....

Does anyone have any intel on how that part works? Do we do financing at order time or just drop off cash and thats done at delivery?
Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did everyone get 100k pre-approved? I saw that in my email, but didn't know how they got any information to determine that amount.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did everyone get 100k pre-approved? I saw that in my email, but didn't know how they got any information to determine that amount.
Yes for the most part, those bogus letter were sent by Ford based on the 'model' you picked.

As for financing the buy, that should be done at delivery (I'd assume)

mestuntman

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
OICU812
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
100K Who the hell got a letter from ford for 100k. I have a 800 credit score and they never sent me a letter saying i was approved for any amount much less 100k

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes for the most part, those bogus letter were sent by Ford based on the 'model' you picked.
Um, no. Ford Credit ran a "soft credit check" using the credit card you used for your reservation deposit.

Soft credit checks don't hit your credit report.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Um, no. Ford Credit ran a "soft credit check" using the credit card you used for your reservation deposit.

Soft credit checks don't hit your credit report.
Do you have anything to back that up?

I don't think this statement back that up any more than saying "we based it on MSRP value"

PRESCREEN & OPT-OUT NOTICE: This “prescreened” offer of credit is based on information in your credit report indicating that you meet certain criteria. This offer is not guaranteed if you do not meet our criteria. If you do not want to receive prescreened offers of credit from this and other companies, call the consumer reporting agencies toll-free at 888-567-8688; or write: Experian, Opt Out, P.O. Box 919, Allen, TX 75013.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

That's how credit / finance companies do it. They use the same technology that Credit Karma and others use.

Also there is a thread when the emails were sent out, and there was no correlation between the trim models that people selected and the amounts of pre-approval. But there was a correlation on people's credit worthiness and the amount that Ford had pre-approved them.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because basically any promotional credit card or loan offer is from a soft credit pull. They don't need your CC number to do that either

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So again, no actual statement of that, just an assumption which is fine it doesn't matter at all anyway.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Credit isn't going to pre-approve you for any amount of money, just because YOU reserved a particular trim.

They have the ability to do a "soft credit check" by using your social security number (which wasn't provided by reservation holders) or by using an existing credit account (which reservation holders did provide). So that's how they determined the pre-approval amounts.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So again, no actual statement of that, just an assumption which is fine it doesn't matter at all anyway.
There's no assumption. That's exactly how pre approved loans are pre approved.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am settling on a new house in early Febuary and dont want to run any additional hits on my credit before closing.

Ford Pre-Approved me for over 100k.

I have no problem making a cash deposit. Just dont want to run anything that could affect the morgage till its signed and all....

Does anyone have any intel on how that part works? Do we do financing at order time or just drop off cash and thats done at delivery?
Like others have said, credit check should be done at time of delivery. Though I have heard of a few places looking to do the credit check at time of order. Like in your case though, I'd just tell the dealer that you don't want to have any credit hits while trying to purchase a house. There's no reason they really need to do the credit check this early.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100K Who the hell got a letter from ford for 100k. I have a 800 credit score and they never sent me a letter saying i was approved for any amount much less 100k
I didn’t get a letter... I think it was in an email... and I can still see it in my Ford.com acct.
Ford Bronco When do you actually submit for credit.... At order or at delivery? 97C434DD-1EAB-474A-955A-414038C451F8

Ford Bronco When do you actually submit for credit.... At order or at delivery? F9FF807E-4881-4D28-A4F9-34909049E146

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was pre approved for 45,000, about the max you can spend on a base configuration...
Sponsored