First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy High Country, 2010 Porsche Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was hoping someone could help me on the topic of when they think I'll receive a Vin#. My dealership has been less than helpful! It looks like most the threads I've read people all have Vin# / build date / received their order, so I'm guessing I''m pretty far behind the 8ball. I have A reservation date of 12/1/2020 and an order confirm of 1-28-2021. Anyone have any guesses? I realize there are a lot of people that have earlier reservations, I'm just curious. I was hoping to have it by year end for tax reasons but I'm thinking that will be a pipe dream!

Oxford White
4 Door Badlands
Lux
Towing
Soft top
Sasquatch
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was hoping someone could help me on the topic of when they think I'll receive a Vin#. My dealership has been less than helpful! It looks like most the threads I've read people all have Vin# / build date / received their order, so I'm guessing I''m pretty far behind the 8ball. I have A reservation date of 12/1/2020 and an order confirm of 1-28-2021. Anyone have any guesses? I realize there are a lot of people that have earlier reservations, I'm just curious. I was hoping to have it by year end for tax reasons but I'm thinking that will be a pipe dream!

Oxford White
4 Door Badlands
Lux
Towing
Soft top
Sasquatch
At this point with a soft top order, it depends totally on your dealer's orders and allocations whether you get it built this year. Meaning, how many allocations did they have for the year?; how many do they have left to be scheduled?, and; how many build-able (soft top / non99) orders are in front of you by reservation timestamp? They may not get all of their allocations for the year...but if you are near the front of their list and they have allocations left, you have a shot. If either of those is not true, then you probably don't.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pattymelt_fsu

pattymelt_fsu

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point with a soft top order, it depends totally on your dealer's orders and allocations whether you get it built this year. Meaning, how many allocations did they have for the year?; how many do they have left to be scheduled?, and; how many build-able (soft top / non99) orders are in front of you by reservation timestamp? They may not get all of their allocations for the year...but if you are near the front of their list and they have allocations left, you have a shot. If either of those is not true, then you probably don't.
It sounds to me like the dealer knows more than he's telling me at this point which is frustrating. I don't know how many allocations they receive, but I know at time of order I was 3rd at my dealer ship to place an order / reservation. I'll just be patient and hopeful over here but sometimes the squeaky wheel is the one that gets the oil.!

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"A reservation date of 12/1/2020."

Fords Clearly stated any reservation after 9/18/20 was past the MY21 build allocation model. That said, there clearly have been people that won the lottery and did an order mid summer for an easy build and got it done.

I have basically the same order as you (and probably about 55,000 other people). I'm a 9/21/20 reservation converted before the March 19 cut-off. No VIN and no hope left.

I have till April 2022 before this becomes a legitimate problem for me.

OP
OP
pattymelt_fsu

pattymelt_fsu

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"A reservation date of 12/1/2020."

Fords Clearly stated any reservation after 9/18/20 was past the MY21 build allocation model. That said, there clearly have been people that won the lottery and did an order mid summer for an easy build and got it done.

I have basically the same order as you (and probably about 55,000 other people). I'm a 9/21/20 reservation converted before the March 19 cut-off. No VIN and no hope left.

I have till April 2022 before this becomes a legitimate problem for me.
That's pretty helpful information ! Thanks for that info!

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It sounds to me like the dealer knows more than he's telling me at this point which is frustrating. I don't know how many allocations they receive, but I know at time of order I was 3rd at my dealer ship to place an order / reservation. I'll just be patient and hopeful over here but sometimes the squeaky wheel is the one that gets the oil.!
If you're the 3rd person to make a reservation at your dealership, then you have a chance at a 2021. Order date doesn't really matter but reservation date does. You'll know if you're getting a '21 by next Thursday. edit: Or not? I'm not sure tbh. I thought I had read it but I could be mixing up info.

Last edited:

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oxford White
4 Door Badlands
Lux
Towing
Soft top
Sasquatch
Hate to say it with that date it doesn't look good. If the hard top situation hadn't been fixed, I would say you might have a shot as I've seen really late reservations get scheduled. Now however, I've seen soft top builds scheduled and get pushed out a month My assumption is hard tops that had VINs but put on hold, are being scheduled now in front of soft tops with later reservation time stamps.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like most the threads I've read people all have Vin# / build date / received their order, so I'm guessing I''m pretty far behind the 8ball.
FYI, few people have actually received a Bronco, many are in a build week holding pattern and many many more are awaiting a VIN.

OP
OP
pattymelt_fsu

pattymelt_fsu

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI, few people have actually received a Bronco, many are in a build week holding pattern and many many more are awaiting a VIN.
Helpful and makes me hopeful! Lol misery loves company!

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
reality is there a boatload of people on here who have much earlier reservations, such as myself, from 7/20-9/20 with no vin. and there is the occasionally story of someone reserving in March 2021 and having their vehicle already. chances are by your reservation date you are nowhere soon.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You'll know by next Thursday whether you're getting a 2021 or not. It's the last day of scheduling.

If you're the 3rd person to make a reservation at your dealership, then you have a chance at a 2021. Order date doesn't really matter but reservation date does. You'll know if you're getting a '21 by next Thursday.
So next thursday is drop dead date for 21s for sure?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So next thursday is drop dead date for 21s for sure?
You know, I had thought that was the case, but reading @Lucchese's post here:
Ford says the MY21 Order Bank closes 9/30 - for placing MY21 orders -

Did Ford give a date when MY21 VIN's would cease issue ??
I haven't seen that date -
...has me thinking otherwise.

I thought I had seen that date, but now I'm second-guessing myself. Don't want to say anything definitive haha
Sponsored