Sponsored

When Exactly in December do we go to the Dealership to Place our Order for the Bronco?

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have an appointment with my sales manager on Dec 9 at 10:00 AM. Two weeks ago, we spoke about the pricing structure, fees, etc. and I m fine with the arrangement. He has my reservation number and my Ford account number (for FordPass Reward points.) and verified both in his system. We agreed if the Order Bank is not operational by 12/9, we reschedule. I found myself “driving the bus” on this journey.

I am passing on all factory accessories as well as any late availability items. Since I plan to have an off-road camper being built in December, the 12/9 date was important to me.
Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've heard something similar, but a little different:

1. Everyone who has a reservation prior to mid-septemberish, and who wants to order, will complete their WBDO prior to 1/31. Dealers will in effect submit EVERY order; no difference between ordering early Dec or late Jan
2. Ford will accumulate all orders and assign a final dealer allocation. The X number of orders from each dealer that meet that dealer's allocation will be thrown onto the "build" list.
3. The build list will be scheduled to assembly according to reservation timestamp, and commodity availability. Minor plant scheduling tweaks will be made for line efficiency.

Is your understanding different???
What we were told at the meeting was that we'd get an estimate of allocation in November based on dealership reservations, market share and competitive makes to estimate when each order would be built. We'd convert reservations in Dec-January and a final allocation would come out in Febuary based on converted reservations and allocation.

I'm doubting we're going to see the November one now, and since they're allowing switching it wouldn't be very useful anyway. For example if I'm told I've got 3 March allocations I could tell first three reservations thats my estimate for build (with the caveat that commodities could screw that up), now I can't do that (and stay in order) since someone with an earlier build could transfer in and wind up in front of them (and I won't know if that generates another allocation in March or not).

They also told us that dealers would be able to prioritize their order bank but recommended doing it in timestamp order, so no I don't think Ford will be looking at timestamps, that will be the dealers job.

I can say that that's a big deal for dealers. I know I've got at least two that want theirs delayed, they reserved knowing there would be a backlog, one's an earlier reservation, one I think will end up about right anyway. Also when we get into the winter ones, I've got customers that go south for the winter, they won't get theirs till they get back, so they might as well get delayed to a 22 build instead of having it just sit here for several months.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've heard something similar, but a little different:

1. Everyone who has a reservation prior to mid-septemberish, and who wants to order, will complete their WBDO prior to 1/31. Dealers will in effect submit EVERY order; no difference between ordering early Dec or late Jan
2. Ford will accumulate all orders and assign a final dealer allocation. The X number of orders from each dealer that meet that dealer's allocation will be thrown onto the "build" list.
3. The build list will be scheduled to assembly according to reservation timestamp, and commodity availability. Minor plant scheduling tweaks will be made for line efficiency.

Is your understanding different???
I think #2 is off. I imagine the above allocation numbers may get moved back in the list but all MY 21s (pre cut off date) will be built. Just my guess.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah... word is once Ford gets all the orders in, they will put them in reservation time stamp order. The OP doesn’t need to worry about some Oct Reservation Holder twat getting to the dealer first, because that doesn’t have anything to do with who gets their Bronco first.
... Calling me an October t.w.a.t. sheesh, just because some of us "waffle". :devilish: :alien:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What we were told at the meeting was....
Thanks for your feedback. Was the info you received from a dealer principle, or regional Ford rep?

Do you think you're getting allocations BY MONTH?....or a lump sum for MY21?

" They told us that dealers would prioritize their order bank but recommended doing it in timestamp order" Sounds to me like if you're not a prior customer, friends, or family...you're screwed

Sponsored

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With December FINALLY upon us, I have yet to hear from my dealership of choice on when I am invited to come in and actually place the order for my Bronco.

Admit that I may have missed a message on the forum, but to my understanding, we still place orders in December.

Can anyone share the roadmap to order placement?

Will we be notified?

Do we just show up at the dealership on any random day in December? Or will we be given a window of time?

Yes, I am getting a bit anxious about the process. The build and price tool was fine, but I still have questions that are for my sales guy, but I'm sure everyone does and there could be an absolute crush on dealerships.

Would prefer time windows based on reservations because I don't want some twat who made a reservation in late October showing up to the dealership on December 1 and placing an order ahead of the guy who did it back on July 13 or whatever.

Hope I'm not alone here... Please chime in.
I contacted my dealer today. Honestly, I don't think they know the exact date. My dealer, who has been very open and transparent with me on information, told me they hadn't yet received the DIO options list and all the options available for order. He also didn't have an exact date in December. He just told me, "next month when they [Ford] opens it for ordering."

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What we were told at the meeting was that we'd get an estimate of allocation in November based on dealership reservations, market share and competitive makes to estimate when each order would be built. We'd convert reservations in Dec-January and a final allocation would come out in Febuary based on converted reservations and allocation.

I'm doubting we're going to see the November one now, and since they're allowing switching it wouldn't be very useful anyway. For example if I'm told I've got 3 March allocations I could tell first three reservations thats my estimate for build (with the caveat that commodities could screw that up), now I can't do that (and stay in order) since someone with an earlier build could transfer in and wind up in front of them (and I won't know if that generates another allocation in March or not).

They also told us that dealers would be able to prioritize their order bank but recommended doing it in timestamp order, so no I don't think Ford will be looking at timestamps, that will be the dealers job.

I can say that that's a big deal for dealers. I know I've got at least two that want theirs delayed, they reserved knowing there would be a backlog, one's an earlier reservation, one I think will end up about right anyway. Also when we get into the winter ones, I've got customers that go south for the winter, they won't get theirs till they get back, so they might as well get delayed to a 22 build instead of having it just sit here for several months.
@XCR440 , trying to understand. So in your usage "allocation" is that funky algorithm outcome that tells you how many of your reservations are most likely coming through in any given month. It does not mean that your "allocation" is a random production of any given model of Bronco. *The first definition would mean that your reservation holders still get the"right of first refusal" on the machines (which they designed) that come in (irrespective of MR21 or MY22). *The second definition would mean that all orders converted, including MY22, are almost a "whatever, you are a late reserve so we don't much care".

Is that a fair representation/understanding?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not true, dealers will be the one's prioritizing orders, so they can move them around.

Only thing I'm not sure of is if Ford will allocate based on age of reservations or just on number of reservations. Since they announced that dealer is doing the prioritizing, my bet is number, which will cause some early reservations to get pushed back and some late to get built early just due to some dealers having more early reservations (% wise) and some having very few (again % of reservations).
Wonder how dealers prioritizing will impact those that try to delay ordering when their dealer contacts them to complete the conversion. My dealer said that Ford’s allocations process determines the timing of when my order can entered. Sounds like the allocation process is multi-step which makes sense as conversions need to play out

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From my understanding, order banks open on the 7th of December for converting reservations to orders. Said to be early December, although this forum found a post that it will be the 7th
This is helpful; thank you.

Guess what is making me nervous is the structure of the order placement process. I want invites to be sent in as close to how the reservations were received as possible.

gcrew95

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bass Boat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder how dealers prioritizing will impact those that try to delay ordering when their dealer contacts them to complete the conversion. My dealer said that Ford’s allocations process determines the timing of when my order can entered. Sounds like the allocation process is multi-step which makes sense as conversions need to play out
Sounds like dealers will move people up depending on how much extra they pay. Come on guys. Follow the money. It makes the wheels move easier. If you think this will be fair I have a bridge to sell ya.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

... Calling me an October t.w.a.t. sheesh, just because some of us "waffle". :devilish: :alien:
Pump the brakes, Skipper!

I cancelled my early reservation to make a new October one myself.

I only used that word because the OP used it to describe us October rezzo holders!

;)

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not true, dealers will be the one's prioritizing orders, so they can move them around.

Only thing I'm not sure of is if Ford will allocate based on age of reservations or just on number of reservations. Since they announced that dealer is doing the prioritizing, my bet is number, which will cause some early reservations to get pushed back and some late to get built early just due to some dealers having more early reservations (% wise) and some having very few (again % of reservations).
I have not seen anything to indicate dealers have any influence on order fulfillment. Please share your source and how the dealers decide what orders get filled and when.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not seen anything to indicate dealers have any influence on order fulfillment. Please share your source and how the dealers decide what orders get filled and when.
He’s a dealer dude...Ford changed things to give dealers a lot more power than the original plan.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He’s a dealer dude...Ford changed things to give dealers a lot more power than the original plan.
I am not saying it is wrong, I just want to understand how it would be that the dealers are changing the order of fulfillment. I am not an expert, but I have talked to two dealers in the past six weeks and have ordered a lot of Ford vehicles in the past. Even very influential dealers have little say over the build schedule of a Ford factory. Another factor in this launch, The reservation numbers are very transparent. Social media, like this forum, would quickly uncover order preference bias. So, if dealers can change the prioritization of my build, I would like to understand how. I do believe the dealers relative volume, market size and performance relevant to those factors will influence allocation. The dealer can likely move these numbers in their ordering and marketing process between now and actual delivery dates to some extent, so would makes sense.
Sponsored