Sponsored

When Exactly in December do we go to the Dealership to Place our Order for the Bronco?

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for your feedback. Was the info you received from a dealer principle, or regional Ford rep?

Do you think you're getting allocations BY MONTH?....or a lump sum for MY21?

" They told us that dealers would prioritize their order bank but recommended doing it in timestamp order" Sounds to me like if you're not a prior customer, friends, or family...you're screwed
Dealer meeting, I thought all this had been discussed when the allocation announcements were maid.

I believe allocation estimate will be for the year. Normally allocation is monthly, but I can see Bronco going quarterly (but have no info to say this) this year due to it being all retail orders.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@XCR440 , trying to understand. So in your usage "allocation" is that funky algorithm outcome that tells you how many of your reservations are most likely coming through in any given month. It does not mean that your "allocation" is a random production of any given model of Bronco. *The first definition would mean that your reservation holders still get the"right of first refusal" on the machines (which they designed) that come in (irrespective of MR21 or MY22). *The second definition would mean that all orders converted, including MY22, are almost a "whatever, you are a late reserve so we don't much care".

Is that a fair representation/understanding?
Allocation in Ford terms means that you'll be getting that unit. So if you get 5 allocations for the month, they'll assign 5 Broncos a VIN and build date. They'll try to do your five highest priority orders (lowest priority number), but if options/commodities aren't available, they'll skip that order.

As has been already posted here (and was in Auto Snooze), Ford will generate these allocations based on reservations, sales history (total Ford) and competitive sales.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

.... and competitive sales.
So, if my Ford dealer is also a Jeep dealer...? LOL
I know, goes by regional sales/registrations. Just joking.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not seen anything to indicate dealers have any influence on order fulfillment. Please share your source and how the dealers decide what orders get filled and when.
It was announced at the same time as the allocation formula, not new news (but like everything else Bronco, could change as time goes on).

Dealers put in orders, in this case your reservation will be converted into an order. The dealer puts their orders in WBDO and assign an order a priority, 10 is as low as a dealer can go (highest priority), reps can drop it to 01-09. There can be more than one order at each priority (and retails have to be 10-19) For example, I"ll have my oldest reservation at 10, next at 11, next at 12, etc to 16 or so. Then I'll have all the orders at 17, and the orders that I know don't want theirs till later will be at 19. This way if something happens that Ford can't build 10-16, they'll get something out of 17 shouldn't get up to the 19's that I don't want built yet. This is the way ordering has worked since before I was involved.

Now lets say the dealer puts everything at a 10, if they do that in the past its supposed to work that they get the oldest order first. This won't work well with reservations, since oldest order and reservation time won't be related, so dealers will need to work their priority numbers to get things built in order.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was announced at the same time as the allocation formula, not new news (but like everything else Bronco, could change as time goes on).

Dealers put in orders, in this case your reservation will be converted into an order. The dealer puts their orders in WBDO and assign an order a priority, 10 is as low as a dealer can go (highest priority), reps can drop it to 01-09. There can be more than one order at each priority (and retails have to be 10-19) For example, I"ll have my oldest reservation at 10, next at 11, next at 12, etc to 16 or so. Then I'll have all the orders at 17, and the orders that I know don't want theirs till later will be at 19. This way if something happens that Ford can't build 10-16, they'll get something out of 17 shouldn't get up to the 19's that I don't want built yet. This is the way ordering has worked since before I was involved.

Now lets say the dealer puts everything at a 10, if they do that in the past its supposed to work that they get the oldest order first. This won't work well with reservations, since oldest order and reservation time won't be related, so dealers will need to work their priority numbers to get things built in order.
That’s helpful detail. I think the confusing part for the dealers I have talked to has been the way they have prioritized orders in the past and the added complication of reservations for this launch. I may switch dealers, depending on how they can verify the process for priority. I would be moving from a high volume suburban beaker to a much smaller, rural dealer. They committed to talking to their rep this week to get an updated explanation.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pump the brakes, Skipper!

I cancelled my early reservation to make a new October one myself.

I only used that word because the OP used it to describe us October rezzo holders!

;)
I remember! Just giving you a good neighbor turkey razzing! Google gobble!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And "Reps" are the regional people was opposed to the dealership folks that us retail customers talk to?

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And "Reps" are the regional people was opposed to the dealership folks that us retail customers talk to?
Yes, normal scheduling they won't be involved, but if something weird happens sometimes they'll bump it (unit totaled in shipping, unit that keeps getting skipped in scheduling, etc). Also things like Shelbys will get bumped when the allocation comes up.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't care. Just want to be the one driving one that is the first one a lot of people see... :D ...

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have an appointment with my sales manager on Dec 9 at 10:00 AM. Two weeks ago, we spoke about the pricing structure, fees, etc. and I m fine with the arrangement. He has my reservation number and my Ford account number (for FordPass Reward points.) and verified both in his system. We agreed if the Order Bank is not operational by 12/9, we reschedule. I found myself “driving the bus” on this journey.

I am passing on all factory accessories as well as any late availability items. Since I plan to have an off-road camper being built in December, the 12/9 date was important to me.
Which off road camper are you going with?

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I live 940 miles from my dealership. So I'll just have to call or wait for them to call me once the 1k+ people in front of me order theirs..

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The only thing I know is not to hold your breath on any of the process.
Sponsored