David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 eGolf
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd make a spreadsheet with all the accessories you want, and how much they cost. Start to organize them and figure out which ones are needed quicker.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It takes a lot of honesty and restraint to only buy what you need. I think @Tricky Dick advice was best.

The Broncos we see and drool over on this site are incredible. What is so awesome for us is that Bronco is an affordable Dream Car. Makes us want to take it to the next level.

Never felt that way with any other car.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The best mod is a nice garage to fit your Bronco and work on it.
No, this is the best mod for your Bronco.

Ford Bronco When are enough mods enough? A new truck owner discovers the 4x4 aftermarket 😵‍💫 IMG_20221124_180726

Driving it! Almost 50k. I have more miles on it than dollars spent. LOL 😂

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wholeheartedly agree with the advice appearing in this thread. I share the OP's concerns. I'm inclined to buy things as the need arises and not a moment before. However, simple tools and recovery gear (even a simple first aid kit) are practical purchases for anyone with an off-road vehicle. Resist buying things that have little or no lasting value.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've always been a car guy, and know which mods are useful and which are more bling that substance. The Badlands is my first truck, I'm thinking about fun 4x4 stuff for the first time, and I'm new to this whole aspect of the automotive hobby. I'm from IL, and the Great Lakes aren't know for rugged peaks and great changes in elevation, so any serious mods would see use in a 4x4 park or on a road trip.

I have had this thing for less than 3 weeks and my head is already spinning with all the parts that are available. I got the Badlands since I wanted something very capable from the factory, and am trying to take a less is more approach since I've dumped a lot of money on other cars in the past. I've been putting together a realistic list of things to do, but I've found myself going down the rabbit-hole of "Hmm, I bet that could be useful, eventually..."

Like, do I really need a winch? Do I waste my time chasing down the extended breather vents from the Everglades? A roof rack sounds like something I'd need, but if I bought a larger vehicle with a removable roof doesn't that defeat the purpose? Basically, I'm trying to fill in the gaps to cover what wasn't from the factory, and I don't want to just buy a bunch of crap I'm not sure I'd ever use. A month ago I'd never looked at a recovery board but spent 15 minutes on them last night, and didn't buy any because I realized they'd look great taking up cargo space.
personally, I'd start with a new full set of belly skid plates (factory skids suck) , basic recover gear, an air compressor (either portable or on board), and tires (if you have the shitty good year tires). if you have any money left after that go nuts

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Living in the Northwest, I find a winch , ax and recovery gear a must in the snow. I need a good GMRS radio and I want to add some extra lights, low profile roof cargo box

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's bad enough that the moderators change thread titles but they could at least not fill them with grammatical errors.
And revoke his marketing degree. This type of stuff makes me not want to support their vendors and sponsors.

Sponsored

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always been a car guy, and know which mods are useful and which are more bling that substance. The Badlands is my first truck, I'm thinking about fun 4x4 stuff for the first time, and I'm new to this whole aspect of the automotive hobby. I'm from IL, and the Great Lakes aren't know for rugged peaks and great changes in elevation, so any serious mods would see use in a 4x4 park or on a road trip.

I have had this thing for less than 3 weeks and my head is already spinning with all the parts that are available. I got the Badlands since I wanted something very capable from the factory, and am trying to take a less is more approach since I've dumped a lot of money on other cars in the past. I've been putting together a realistic list of things to do, but I've found myself going down the rabbit-hole of "Hmm, I bet that could be useful, eventually..."

Like, do I really need a winch? Do I waste my time chasing down the extended breather vents from the Everglades? A roof rack sounds like something I'd need, but if I bought a larger vehicle with a removable roof doesn't that defeat the purpose? Basically, I'm trying to fill in the gaps to cover what wasn't from the factory, and I don't want to just buy a bunch of crap I'm not sure I'd ever use. A month ago I'd never looked at a recovery board but spent 15 minutes on them last night, and didn't buy any because I realized they'd look great taking up cargo space.
The 6G Bronco is still new...take your time, and read the reviews on new products, if you can find any.
There's a veritable plethora (Redneck Translation; A Metric Shit-Ton) of stuff out there to spend your money on, and most of it you don't need.
Oh yeah; I'll take a winch over "recovery boards" any old damn day.
Don't axe me how I knows this...

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm from SE WI, and I can tell you that a winch IS a worthwhile investment. That and a good solid towstrap/tree hugger and maybe some snatch blocks. Forget the recovery boards...the mud gets deep in this part of the country, and you will likely just bury both your truck and your recovery boards. I generally take some flack from folks in the "golden west" for this opinion, but every winch I have ever bought is the best 4x4 dollars I have ever spent...even if only used once! Saves one minor stuck from turning into a day ruining debacle!

EDIT: For the record the most stuck I ever was was in Marseilles IL!
nobody needs a winch becasue everyone that never uses theirs has one, so if you are stuck you can get some amature with a winch to rip your bumper off easily!

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the very last thing you will ever use is : A WINCH
* If you are ever that stuck, you are in over your head doing stuff you shouldnt anyway, and if you are doing that hopefully you are doing it with others - and likely if they conned you into doing stupid stuff..... THEY have a winch.....

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs