Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So question for all of you hybrid/ev guys, the Bronco is a designed and intended for off-road use so I am wondering how much of a strain from off-roading would it be on the battery? Some will use them for rock crawling, what happens if the battery gets punctured? Also, I have heard that the range is drastically impacted by both High and Low temps, have there been improvements? I’m not against EV’s or hybrids but I don’t want it to be the only option, let people choose what they want. Lastly, I do not see them making the Warthog/Raptor an EV or Hybrid they will likely have some special edition for the Hybrid. Just my opinion.
Off-roading with electricity is actually very efficient. Unlike ICE vehicles you're not wasting extra energy if you're crawling. As far as puncturing batteries, I'm pretty sure an off-road ev would have extra protection in the same way the Bronco has extra protection for it's gas tank and other vital parts. EVs lose about ~20% of their range in extremes but battery tech is being heavily researched. I think we'll see some serious developments in the next 5 years
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So question for all of you hybrid/ev guys, the Bronco is a designed and intended for off-road use so I am wondering how much of a strain from off-roading would it be on the battery? Some will use them for rock crawling, what happens if the battery gets punctured? Also, I have heard that the range is drastically impacted by both High and Low temps, have there been improvements? I’m not against EV’s or hybrids but I don’t want it to be the only option, let people choose what they want. Lastly, I do not see them making the Warthog/Raptor an EV or Hybrid they will likely have some special edition for the Hybrid. Just my opinion.
For a PHEV the battery would likely be quite small and mounted fairly high - perhaps even under the rear seat like in the 4xe.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For a PHEV the battery would likely be quite small and mounted fairly high - perhaps even under the rear seat like in the 4xe.
There is also roughly 4” of cargo space room available to be flush with folded rear seats.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There is also roughly 4” of cargo space room available to be flush with folded rear seats.
Right yes I believe that's what Toyota did with the RAV4 Prime. This would probably work better than under the rear seat in the Bronco. Great point.
Sponsored