Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
When must Ford provide MPG estimates for the 2021 Bronco? Or are MPG estimates not required to sell the vehicle?

The first customer build dates are in June. Assuming delivery takes around 4 weeks, those customers should have their Broncos in July/August. Will those vehicles have the MPG on the window sticker?

From the most recent pictures, the 2-Door Bronco with Sasquatch package gets 15.7mpg on average. I’m not sure which engine it had, but that number seems about right. I’m hoping the non-sasquatch will get around 20mpg.

Ford Bronco When must Ford provide MPG estimates? 594ED932-82B6-4BB2-B0E0-7C9EE8814904

And for the record... Nobody buying a Bronco is worried about a low MPG, so save the trolling. We are just curious as to when we will know this information. It’s helpful to know, especially when the fuel tank is only 16 gallons.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't they have to list it on the window sticker?? I would say we will see the estimated numbers way before first deliveries.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't they have to list it on the window sticker?? I would say we will see the estimated numbers way before first deliveries.
That might be the delay in generating window stickers for units with a build schedule.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just don't understand why they're waiting. The only explanation that makes sense are 1) the numbers suck and they don't want to hurt preorders or 2) it sucks and they are actively trying to improve it.
3) Someone in a .gov office, who’s been on vacation for the past 6 weeks, hasn’t signed off on the paperwork yet.

rlondeen

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
what's been the general expectation around here. I've been seeing 18-20 mpg for sas? ~ or is that non-sas?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what's been the general expectation around here. I've been seeing 18-20 mpg for sas? ~ or is that non-sas?
I would think that’s a safe-ish bet for the road oriented models (OB). I would subtract roughly 1-2 mpgs for a 35” M/T equipped Sas models.

At least that’s what I’m emotionally preparing for.

My Jeep with an appropriate diff gearing and 34” A/T tires (And some added weight of steel bumpers and racks) gets 16mpg if I’m not busy giving her the beans… so to speak.

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When must Ford provide MPG estimates for the 2021 Bronco? Or are MPG estimates not required to sell the vehicle?

The first customer build dates are in June. Assuming delivery takes around 4 weeks, those customers should have their Broncos in July/August. Will those vehicles have the MPG on the window sticker?

From the most recent pictures, the 2-Door Bronco with Sasquatch package gets 15.7mpg on average. I’m not sure which engine it had, but that number seems about right. I’m hoping the non-sasquatch will get around 20mpg.

Ford Bronco When must Ford provide MPG estimates? 594ED932-82B6-4BB2-B0E0-7C9EE8814904
You are right on the MPG but not only that, hopefully every dealer will get a Bronco for their customers to test drive and or sit in. I for one would love to drive this damn thing. Bring it!

Sponsored

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From my (admittedly very little) understanding, it would need to be certified before the first customer receives theirs and no sooner. My last car got 18mpg combined on premium so I'm just looking forward to 'regular' grade.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

594ED932-82B6-4BB2-B0E0-7C9EE8814904.jpeg
When we went to the Bronco showing in San Diego, the reps indicated they drove the 2.3 MT & 2.7 auto from Michigan to San Diego and got gas at the same time. These were 4 Door non-SAS and they indicated they got about 20 mpg from each rig. The trims were BL Dia and OBX

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Required on vehicles 8,500GVWR and below. So yes.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My other car is a 2021 Audi Q7 with the turbo V6 making 335HP.. I have yet to see 20mpg, but it might hit that if I drove slower. I mention that because the engine puts out very similar power to the 2.7L twin turbo.

I would be shocked if the Bronco gets 20MPG real world with 35s but I'm hoping.

Edit: I should also say that the Audi Q7 V6 is a mild hybrid as well, so it has a little assistance in the MPG.
Sponsored