Sponsored

When will aftermarket hardtop prices go down?

ifrankyr

Big Bend
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco BigBend / 2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I understand why aftermarket hardtops are $6k+, due to supply and demand and the bronco tax. Once supply catches up and more companies offer hardtops, when do you guys think prices for aftermarket hardtops will go down? Just a quick google search shows jeep wrangler hardtops selling for ~$3k (not sure what year model). I live in sunny SoCal, so I’m in no rush to switch out my softop.
I do prefer the look of the hardtop over the soft top though.
I figure another 3-4 years ?
Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I figured by the time I want to part with my soft top is when the price will be low enough. OR I'll get a Bestop TrekTop. I'm in MN and my soft top has been perfect all winter.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As far as I know they haven't even really delivered any yet. So not likely to be in abundance enough for them to need to drop the price any time soon.

E. J

Big Bend
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SCab 4X4 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Most likely have to catch them during a sale. A sale because there is too much stock and/or materials to build are on hand.

glphoto

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a softtop to get my Bronco earlier, and I also got 20,000 points, I would like to get a hardtop so I can put a tent on top and for less noise.

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was a must have for me. Based on how it seems to be a pretty high constraint for ford right now. It might be a while. You will, and already are, seeing after market hard tops starting to emerge but seem to be in a demo/testing phase. Down the road, the probability of people parting with their MIC hard tops is not going to be high. I will say. Its a dang good looking hard too especially when you tint the windows. The different colors contrast very well. The black tinted windows with the gunmetal grey hardtop and then the paint of choice. Even if I had the option to paint the hard top, I would leave it as is. Essentially what I’m saying is if you find one for a good deal or from Ford…grab it.

badbronc4x4

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think Hard Top prices will go down at all. Especially any aftermarket ones. The whole Ford OEM hard top's period are close to $8K before the windows and Sound Deadening material. Yeah you get a deal when you buy your in your build. But Hard Tops aren't cheap to make unless you want alot of noise, and weather issues.

Maybe you can find someone selling their's for a good price but of course if they know how the market is their going to want close to what it's worth.

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I figured by the time I want to part with my soft top is when the price will be low enough. OR I'll get a Bestop TrekTop. I'm in MN and my soft top has been perfect all winter.
Agreed. Also in Minnesota and my soft top has been great! I did purchase the DirtyDog headliner but that was for noise reduction not to keep the heat in.

CarlSpackler

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a softtop to get my Bronco earlier, and I also got 20,000 points, I would like to get a hardtop so I can put a tent on top and for less noise.
I wouldn’t get your hopes too high on the hardtop being quieter, if they are any quieter I sure couldn’t tell. I was thinking the same thing, except I wanted a hardtop so I could use some existing yakima gear.

Sponsored

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn’t get your hopes too high on the hardtop being quieter, if they are any quieter I sure couldn’t tell. I was thinking the same thing, except I wanted a hardtop so I could use some existing yakima gear.
Second this. I test drove a soft top and now own a hard top. I honestly think the hard top is louder.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. Also in Minnesota and my soft top has been great! I did purchase the DirtyDog headliner but that was for noise reduction not to keep the heat in.
What's a dirty dog headliner? I have the Bimini top. I'm trying to get a MN group together to do some trails this summer.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If Fords gets the MIC top sorted and enough supply to start selling them as an accessory with a price that is in line with a Jeep top, you might see the aftermarket tops coming down in price. Until then, you are going to pay the big $$.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

TheBroncolorian

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve been using this on mine for a few months now. It cuts down the wind noise that rolls over the top of your head drastically, making for a much more comfortable ride. I imagine this could work with hard tops also, just don’t expect it to be anywhere near as convenient as a bimini top.
Sponsored