Sponsored

When will aftermarket parts for Bronco start to surface.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all the craze of build and price drop and being very underwhelming. Especially in the accessories department. ford claiming to have over 200 factory backed and only showing about 25. Does anyone have any speculation on when other companies might start to manufacture and release aftermarket parts and accessories for Bronco? I'd like to see some performance stuff start coming out along with some thing for customization.
Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’s going to be quite awhile. The aftermarket companies need to get there hands on final vehicles. Most order one to work off. So they will be waiting in the long reservation line like the rest of us.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s going to be quite awhile. The aftermarket companies need to get there hands on final vehicles. Most order one to work off. So they will be waiting in the long reservation line like the rest of us.
eh, as far as I understand, some of the big boys in the aftermarket game are given CAD data as soon as its available. with NDA's in place and such.
I think some more basic accessories will at least be listed online prior to delivery.
When can we buy them is another question. ha.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like someone else said they have drawings, the SEMA stuff with Leno they mentioned how people were chomping at the bit to create parts.

I think it will be fairly quick honestly. Money can be made and the Bronco at least initially seems to be a big hit with reservations so companies want to tap into that market.

OP
OP
Trueblue2296

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like someone else said they have drawings, the SEMA stuff with Leno they mentioned how people were chomping at the bit to create parts.

I think it will be fairly quick honestly. Money can be made and the Bronco at least initially seems to be a big hit with reservations so companies want to tap into that market.
I'd really like to see some stuff start coming out. mostly interested in the kind of things they may release.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd really like to see some stuff start coming out. mostly interested in the kind of things they may release.
Probably fairly basic stuff for the first year. Lights, winches etc. You’ll probably see some cool stuff the 2nd year, this is of course all dependent on the supply chains etc.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two different types of aftermarket companies:

1. Those that get the engineering docs and early access.
2. Those that purchase a mule and reverse-engineer stuff.

Obviously group 1 is going to get their product to market fastest, and will even potentially be included as part of the "200 accessories" available at launch.

Either way, it wont be until units actually start getting delivered that we will really get to *see* these items in any meaningful amounts. Even if say, AEV has a bumper engineered and planned based on OEM provided data, they wont have their own demonstrator Bronco for a while to test and tweak, and longer still until they will showcase the product, and longer still until it would potentially be mass produced.

The short of the long of it: If deliveries aren't going to start happening until mid 2021, we wont see the aftermarket really take off until late 2021, probably more like 2022.

Even the existing aftermarket stuff listed in the B&P now is all existing products (from Yakima, for instance) that have been slightly tweaked (if at all) to work with the Bronco, rather than brand-new stuff.

$0.02
Sponsored