Sponsored

When will Bronco become a real threat to Jeep?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So when and what will it take for the Bronco to become a real threat to Jeep's market share?

Will FCA/Jeep be watching the Bronco reveal or product release and start copying features with a goal of introducing them in a year or two to try and alleviate some lost sales?

Will FCA/Jeep try to improve their quality to compete with the higher perceived quality of Ford?

Will FCA/Jeep drop their prices to compete?

If any of these scenarios come true it will be good for us Bronco buyers as we know that competition keeps prices down and increases innovation.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
It will be a “threat” right off the bat. However, I do not think Bronco is going to destroy the Jeep’s sales or anything. IMO it might hurt the 4Runner more than Jeep. But it is going to make the pie bigger overall will be the main effect. Off road SUV’s are not losing any popularity anytime soon and Jeep, 4Runner, and Bronco can all exist in the same marketplace.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It will be a “threat” right off the bat. However, I do not think Bronco is going to destroy the Jeep’s sales or anything. IMO it might hurt the 4Runner more than Jeep. But it is going to make the pie bigger overall will be the main effect. Off road SUV’s are not losing any popularity anytime soon and Jeep, 4Runner, and Bronco can all exist in the same marketplace.
Im curious about the rental fleets. There are about 10,000 JLs for rent on the islands here as Im sure there are in some other places aswell. Also since covid all those JLs are sitting in a field by the airport getting moldy and dirty, so some companies may try to replace some once buisness is back. I would love to see more Broncos out here as tourist rides, and from a comfort vacation perspective the ifs may be more attractive.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree the Bronco will take a lot of sales away from Jeep. For every Bronco sale probably 60 to 70 % of them would have been Wrangler sales. I drove a JKUR for 6 years, I like the JL, but probably will never buy another Wrangler. I'm astounded that Jeep still hasn't fixed the steering in the JL's. Combine Fords consistent better quality than Jeep, (JD Powers surveys going back many years), with the Bronco IFS, for 95% of the people looking for a Wrangler/ Bronco type vehicle, theres very little reason to buy the Wrangler. Jeep deserves the problems coming to them, for years they've designed interesting vehicles, but with very poor quality. Maybe the Bronco will force Jeep to improve, or Jeep might evolve into a much smaller brand.

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So when and what will it take for the Bronco to become a real threat to Jeep's market share?
From the hypothetical point of view it already has. (as can be seen from the many posts on this forum).

IF as the COO states:
"the Bronco will be "a much superior product" than the Wrangler."
THEN the fight for our dollars will start to effect JP in reality.

I already have my list of wants and needs to purchase the Bronco. If that list is met or surpassed I will jump ship. IF NOT - Ford will not get my hard earned dollars. I WILL NOT abandon a product for a similar or subpar product. It must exceed expectations for me to spend that much money. I am not buying a name.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Will FCA/Jeep be watching the Bronco reveal or product release and start copying features with a goal of introducing them in a year or two to try and alleviate some lost sales?

Will FCA/Jeep try to improve their quality to compete with the higher perceived quality of Ford?

Will FCA/Jeep drop their prices to compete?

If any of these scenarios come true it will be good for us Bronco buyers as we know that competition keeps prices down and increases innovation.
I'm sure Jeep will try to add features that Bronco has if they can do it without redesigning the entire vehicle. I doubt they'll drop prices. That's saying you can't compete. This is the same reason Bronco will likely be priced above Jeep. You can't say you have a premium product and try to sell it cheaper than the brand you claim to be superior to.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not buying a name.
LOL ... soo many stories about that mentality here in steel country.
"Buy American dammit!!!"
True story:
Guy being constantly harassed for buying a Japanese named product ....even though that car won the top spot in the MOST AMERICAN MADE vehicle list.
He finally relented to the peer pressure.
He traded it in on a new Dodge Journey ...... which are made in Mexico.

The GM truck guys are getting a LOT more quiet about that now.

Oh yeah, of the big 3 steel mills we deal with....two of them are now foriegn owned.... I suppose we should quit working there too???
We get a LOT of work from them.......a HUGE amount.

In 2001, I was tired of crap reliability from domestics and bought a Nissan. Sold it a few years ago, it's still going stong...over 200k on it now.
I work too hard for my money to reward crappy performance.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Base 2 door JL starts at 27k
Base 2 door Bronco will start at 25k

Yes
Nah. Base 2-door Bronco will be more akin to the Sport S. I highly doubt there will be a Bronco trim with manual doors/windows and no AC.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IFS for better daily driving
2.3/2.7 for better power and easy power
Manual
35s standard on offroad trim

All while providing what Jeep offers (2/4dr, removable top/doors), gonna really be the El Diablo to Jeeps Magic Man

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most likely, Jeep has been at the drawing board for a while knowing they need to step up their game.
Here recently I’ve seen so many wrangler adds it’s not even funny! Even adds on bronco articles and videos. Like clearly they know their market. And are trying all they can to get people into a Jl before the Bronco drops
Sponsored