Sponsored

When will Bronco become a real threat to Jeep?

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think Jeep is already shaking! There will be a ton of used Jeeps for sale when the Bronco orders are coming in!
Mine included.... so If anyone is looking for a 2018 Wrangler JL Moab.... lol
Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest concern is how are all these Jeep owners going to feel and treat Bronco owners on the trails. Ive already had Jeep owners at my work talk a lot of trash on the Bronco after I tried talking to them about offroading. It felt like they thought I was stealing their thunder.
Did you offer to sit down and listen sympathetically to their concerns?

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep Renegade TH and a 97 Kawasaki Vulcan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow that salesman was a DA, you came in, you already had a vehicle in mind, a vehicle with very high profit margin, and he steers you toward a totally different class. It’s one thing if you came in looking for Caravan and he wanted to put you into something with a higher profit margin... but jeez.
As a soon to be former FCA customer, their sales reps are hit or miss. Their service departments suck balls. They don't even know the fine print in the Jeep Wave program/warranty. I've had sales guys totally blow it. Had a sales guy and told him NO WHITE AT ALL. Three times I said no white. Idiot brings a white 1 ton around. We left without buying.

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep Renegade TH and a 97 Kawasaki Vulcan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The pie will get bigger but Jeep been doing this for so long, One thing Jeep did recently is the 392 teaser which I am confident it's coming up soon, a Wrangler/Gladiator with 6.4L V8, that's gonna be a crazy car to compete with, I've always wanted a Wrangler but just for daily driving but never considered pulling the trigger, with the Bronco I was sold because of the looks, I still have a budget and a list of things to add, if that exceed my budget I am skipping.
I was on Jeeps website and saw the 3.0L EcoDiesel as an option on the 4 door Rubicon. That has been a long time coming and would lean me that way except for ALL my issues with service departments the last few years. I'd love to see a 4 or 6 cylinder "PowerStroke" in the Bronco.

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was on Jeeps website and saw the 3.0L EcoDiesel as an option on the 4 door Rubicon. That has been a long time coming and would lean me that way except for ALL my issues with service departments the last few years. I'd love to see a 4 or 6 cylinder "PowerStroke" in the Bronco.
It's even an option on the 4 door sport. with the diesel and auto tranny, it's right under 40k... and coming soon to the gladiator. A 4 cyl diesel bronco would be cool, but don't think Ford has any of them capable of passing our emissions - maybe steal one from europe and try to make it pass...

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think it'll take a few years after release date, but the Bronco will end up getting about half of Jeep Wrangler sales. It's very similar to when Indian motorcycles made a comeback in 2104. Harley was the top dog and only option for those that wanted american steel. When Indian was resurected it took a chunk out of HD and still continues to get a piece of the pie. I know I'm loving my two Indians.
Ford Bronco When will Bronco become a real threat to Jeep? 20190518_123641
Ford Bronco When will Bronco become a real threat to Jeep? SDC10016.JPG

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So when and what will it take for the Bronco to become a real threat to Jeep's market share?
It will take time but when the Bronco can start to approach even 1/4 of these numbers, Jeep will really notice.
240,032 in 2018 Wrangler sales
228,042 in 2019

Will FCA/Jeep be watching the Bronco reveal or product release and start copying features with a goal of introducing them in a year or two to try and alleviate some lost sales?
Absolutely. You can always learn what to do and what not to do by studying the competition. Jeep holds many events every year, and they listen to the consumer.

Will FCA/Jeep try to improve their quality to compete with the higher perceived quality of Ford?
Bronco will no doubt make them reevaluate to determine if they are doing things as best as they can. And that is good for all consumers.

Will FCA/Jeep drop their prices to compete?
Prices are fairly similar at the moment, so I would guess no.
The new Bronco has not even been proven as a design to last for a consumer. Yes, I know the engineers have been taking Broncos to the Rubicon trail and many other places. But we will never know about any problems if there were any, it’s called testing.
The new Bronco has not even been a public tested product yet. The paying customer hasn’t even has the chance to complain about squeaking breaks, fit and finish, leaking roofs, or how the service department is in their area.

look at Glock, their prices ha e only gone up and the market is now saturated by every gun manufacturer making a polymer 9mm. I doubt Jeep lowers prices.

If any of these scenarios come true it will be good for us Bronco buyers as we know that competition keeps prices down and increases innovation.
I totally agree with you. I am a happy Wrangler owner and have wheeled in many states. I love my rig and drive about 12,000 miles a year at 16 mpg. I figure 8 years is a good time for me to look into something new so I registered for a Black Diamond and will trade in once I get the phone call.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think it'll take a few years after release date, but the Bronco will end up getting about half of Jeep Wrangler sales. It's very similar to when Indian motorcycles made a comeback in 2104. Harley was the top dog and only option for those that wanted american steel. When Indian was resurected it took a chunk out of HD and still continues to get a piece of the pie. I know I'm loving my two Indians.
Both of your bikes are beautiful. I really like the brown. The brown reminds me of Ford's Kodiak Brown they are not offering for the Bronco.

Hulkbuster19

Badlands
First Name
Mike Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will be a “threat” right off the bat. However, I do not think Bronco is going to destroy the Jeep’s sales or anything. IMO it might hurt the 4Runner more than Jeep. But it is going to make the pie bigger overall will be the main effect. Off road SUV’s are not losing any popularity anytime soon and Jeep, 4Runner, and Bronco can all exist in the same marketplace.
that was Spot on Sir

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Jeep Wrangler will lose sales to the Bronco. A perfect example - my wife was looking at a Wrangler because I drive one, but when she saw the Bronco Website, it was all over. She just wants a Bronco.

The Bronco offers the Sasquatch package on every model, while in the Wrangler, you have to get a Rubicon to get locking front & rear differentials. This was a genius move on Ford’s part. Hard core off-roaders can buy the base model, or Big Bend, add the Sasquatch package, and be done with it. In the Bronco, the Black Diamond offers a standard rear locking differential, while the Wrangler has no equivalent model. Offering 35s on the Sasquatch package was another smart move, although I would like to see a choice of 33s, or 35s on the Sasquatch package.
Sponsored