Sponsored

When will Bronco become a real threat to Jeep?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here recently I’ve seen so many wrangler adds it’s not even funny! Even adds on bronco articles and videos. Like clearly they know their market. And are trying all they can to get people into a Jl before the Bronco drops
Same with me. I think they advertise sites you visit frequently. At the bottom of this, I'm seeing a Best Buy add.
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very true, we vacation every year in Texas (my in-laws). Last year we took my son to the Military Museum of Texas. Not what I expected, looked like an actual motorpool, had to be "buzzed" in the door and everyone had uniforms on. But it was AWESOME!!! The guide explained it all and had the GP with the FORD engraved bolts still on it. Gave us the whole run down just like Wikipedia. He also told us they were the first to rescue people when Harvey hit. I knew most of it, I was raised in a military environment, my father landed the boys in Normandy, but my son learned alot and loved it. (y)(y)

I recommend anyone who does not know the real JEEP story you read about it.

For the record the first JEEP was built in PA. The Bantam by American Austin company in Butler,PA.

https://www.visitbutlercounty.com/t...antam Car Company,happened here in Butler, Pa.

Last edited:

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the Bronco will have to prove it does not fall apart when you drive it off the dealer lot. Honestly, 2020 has been a crappy year, with a lot of work disruptions, and distractions for workers due to the pandemic. I can't help but be wary of any vehicle that has key parts of its manufacturing delelpment occuring in 2020.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the Bronco will have to prove it does not fall apart when you drive it off the dealer lot. Honestly, 2020 has been a crappy year, with a lot of work disruptions, and distractions for workers due to the pandemic. I can't help but be wary of any vehicle that has key parts of its manufacturing delelpment occuring in 2020.
Especially with some plants refusing to work and Ford hiring hundreds of people to backfill positions that are not trained in the tasks given. They are forcing trained associates to have a shadow follow them around to learn.

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The majority of Jeep’s “success” is all wrapped into the image. If Bronco can capitalize on that image then it will basically boil down to price and buyer preference. 9/10 Jeep buyers could care less what engine/trans it has or how far off-road it can go.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The majority of Jeep’s “success” is all wrapped into the image. If Bronco can capitalize on that image then it will basically boil down to price and buyer preference. 9/10 Jeep buyers could care less what engine/trans it has or how far off-road it can go.
i think the bronco will get a similar fallowing.
But yes there is a reason why #jeepsareforgirls is a thing.
Pink eyelashes and fuzzy steering wheel isn’t really an off road accessory. (Not saying all girls don’t off-road) but I don’t think Karen is hitting the MOAB any time soon

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup, I just need something with enough ground clearance for snow and zombies. I don't give a damn if it has a solid axle or not. Whichever is cheaper gets my money.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same with me. I think they advertise sites you visit frequently. At the bottom of this, I'm seeing a Best Buy add.
You guys don't even want to know the ads i'm seeing... mmm hmmm..... daddy likes o_O

Deleted member 3063

Based on the comments on this forum alone I'd say the Bronco is already affecting Jeep sales.

Taking sales from a company with so-so quality at a premium price, not so hard.

Sponsored

drogers

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 m3, ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So when and what will it take for the Bronco to become a real threat to Jeep's market share?
I'm thinking it will start being a problem for Jeep right around 7/14. FCA's quality and engine choice both stink, and lots of us Jeep fans keep buying because it's the only option for doorless, topless, go anywhere fun (or at least the appearance of it). If I can get all of that in a Ford, then FCA has lost me.

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been interested in an off road vehicle for a few years. I went and looked at the JK in 2017. Started doing some research on Wranglers found the JL would be out in 2018. I waited to see the JL. Then all of the quality issues I read about and saw (frame welds) made me pause. Then heard about the Bronco coming back. My uncle had a couple in the early 70's and I thought they were so cool. So here I am, still wanting an off road vehicle, willing to wait until 2021 for the right one. I hope the Bronco is it!