Sponsored

When will Bronco become a real threat to Jeep?

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From a Jeep owner for the last six years, who just sold his third Jeep....I will tell you your post is quite overblown. Shop 90% of the time, catch fire, leak etc is...well, borderline laughable. You simply have no idea what you're talking about. The new transmission on the 2019 JLUR I just sold was a damn dream compared to the past. I have done nothing to my Jeeps besides scheduled maintenance.

Anyway, just sold my third Jeep and I will tell you all the Bronco will 100% pull us Jeep owners away as it is with me. That being said, educate yourself before making bogus claims like this guy with his Fusion and Escape. Owning a Ford honestly terrifies me, but as long as it's under warranty I will be happy.
LOL...sarcasm...

because all I have ever owned is listed...lol. That is just the junk I currently have and if your going to list my current junk at least acknowledge the 94 mustang too...lol. I actually lived out of a 99 Cherokee classic for 42 days as a buddy and I camped, backpacked, offroaded from yellowstone to vegas zig zagging across utah, nevada, california...hope to get the bronco on reserve to moab again actually so my 7yr old daughter can experience it.

quick edit...wife has two cousins with jeeps one an unlimited 4 door and another 4 door rubicon. They are impressive, I am not a fan of Chrysler but thanks for keeping the market segment humming.
Sponsored

EMrider

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2015 JKUR has been flawless for 90k, but I don’t have enough confidence in the JL to buy one. Too many long-time Jeep owners report serious problems with steering and road stability, and FCA seems to be in denial.

The Bronco seems to be an outstanding overall package and an excellent fit for my needs. I have an F-150 with the 2.7 EB and it is a beast of a motor.

I will need a new vehicle in 2021 and my $$$ will be going to Ford.

R

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Way I see it, Bronco will first attract the people who want them or want something new, then you'll get housewives and their daughters who'll cross shop them and realize the Bronco rides smoother while also having more giddy up with both engines compared to the Jeeps two, and go from there.

As for me, I like that I can get a manual with an engine that makes power much more easily than the Jeep, and while clutch limit is unknown and the Trans is rated upto 400tq, sure there'll be solutions in no time.

Essentially, it'll be the El Diablo to Jeep's Magic Man after awhile
Ford Bronco When will Bronco become a real threat to Jeep? 1594783646884

At the very least, it'll light a fire under Jeeps ass and force them to actually fix their faults and improve on thins

Walt460

Wildtrak
First Name
Wilt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When you can buy the base model with the 35's and best offroad package offered on the high model, this will hurt Jeep if they dont follow suit. I know many people that want the Rubicon offroad goodies without having to pay the huge price tag. Jeep is most certainly worried. They had to do the only thing they know how to do to try and keep eyes on them. They stuffed the 17 year old design Hemi between the rails in a concept ,that if it comes to market, will surely be over 85k anyway.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My wife always wanted a wrangler and one day I even stopped at the Jeep dealership and asked if I could test drive a Rubicon alone and they said yes. I drove it right to my house and texted my wife to come out and she almost shit her pants (she does this when she gets super nervous .. don't ask me why and if you know why let me know because it confuses me also). I let her drive it and it was a DOG. No power whatsoever. I can't imagine guys who runs 35s on the Wranglers as it must be slow as hell.

I told her let's wait for the Bronco to come out. So after the debut yesterday, she is interested and wants to see one in person and to test drive one.

So there you go .. jeep just lost a sale because of the bronco.
I have a 2018 JLU sport with a 2 inch lift and 35 tires with a chip - no power loss at all - Rubicons really are meant for regular off road use - heavier than you need/want for occasional trails, etc. - so many Rubicons on the road, it does make me wonder why other than "I need the bad ass model" mentality without thinking about how else to achieve that and how you will use it. All this aside, I love Jeeps (i have owned 3 and there are currently 3 in my immediate family), but Ford has really got my attention - get some kick ass throwback colors and I am there - if they go forward with the 400 hp engine that's been rumored then for sure i am there

Sponsored

topher3134

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Wherever the Army takes me, middle east right now
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 Superduty FX4, 2012 F150 FX4, 2007 Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was looking at a JL if the bronco was a disappointment. I have an 07 Wrangler and have had multiple Cherokees and previous gen wranglers in the past. The thing with he JL rubicon I don't like is they have an axle disconnect in the front shaft for better fuel mileage. So that is a worry. Really the only way I would buy a JL is with DANA 60s under it and a Hemi. Other than that I don't even want one. I would buy an older JKU Rubicon first.

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fca is in trouble. Jeep has been keeping them afloat for years. The challenger charger platform is an old mercedes platform that was developed in the 90s(!). They just keep adding more horsepower to that platform, and it seems to work, until it doesnt lol. Its grown tired. Jeeps answer to the Bronco? Yep, same formula. More horsepower. I have a 19 rubicon with 3.6 auto. I do not need it to have any more horsepower, itll go plenty fast, in fact i cant imagine the rubicon with the 392. Its an answer to a question that was never asked.

Bronco itself was a danger to Jeep. Folks, the sasquatch pkg is a nuclear missile to them. If my numbers end up being right, a base Bronco, with 7 speed 270 hp engine with lockers and 35s can be had for 35k. Jeep doesnt have anything close. 35s!!!

I almost fell of my couch when they unveiled the sasquatch pkg. My hummer h2 had 35s, had a Jk with mopar lift that had 35s, I just have factory 33s on my rubicon(and i like the 33s). A 2 door bronco with 35s is more than capable for off roading. Heck, my rubicon has never even been in 4 low yet, anything Ive been thru on the mtn trails here I can go in 2 hi still. It wouldnt surprise me one bit if fca throws in the towel and trys to sell the Jeep brand and leave the car market all together in US.

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll trade my jl in when I can get a factory lift 35s and a manual trans in a v6 or higher.

First car ever was a 88 bronco. Owned jk and jls for the past 8 years. I'd love to get back into my bronco but not for a 4 cyl turbo or auto trans

Sponsored

Walt460

Wildtrak
First Name
Wilt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Reading through these comments ,including my own, makes me wonder how many of you jeep defectors will go back now that it has come out that you cant get the Sasquatch package with the manual? It's not a deal breaker for me, but it does make me have second thoughts on the Bronco cutting into the Jeep sales with that angle. The longer this drags out and more information comes out, its starting to look like the Jeep is the better buy.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Reading through these comments ,including my own, makes me wonder how many of you jeep defectors will go back now that it has come out that you cant get the Sasquatch package with the manual? It's not a deal breaker for me, but it does make me have second thoughts on the Bronco cutting into the Jeep sales with that angle. The longer this drags out and more information comes out, its starting to look like the Jeep is the better buy.
FCA Quality, priceless at any cost :ROFLMAO: