Sponsored

When will first drive Bronco reviews be published by press journalists?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So this week it’s about to go down
Yep. I'm thinking we will get some real answers. Embargoes mean there is real information out there that just hasn't been released yet. Makes sense why we've had so many non-answers from Ford.
Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
where does the April earliest date Projection come from? That would be just around the time when orders start being delivered.

I would expect to see some road and off-road tests before that, maybe head to head with Wrangler off road, some 0-60, 1/4 mile, skidpad, braking data. Need to know what our $40k+ is getting us.
2020 GT500 Timeline
First look Jan 2019
There’s a record of a vin being produced late August 19 for the 2020 gt500.
First drive reviews were released oct 29, 19. 10 full months after first look!
First recorded owner had his vid up on nov 30, 19.
Yes about a month before dealers get them well after youofficially order one.
I agree with this. Ford still needs to finalize things between now and then and get some production quality models out to the testers. I think Feb-March is safe bet.
I agree. First drive review just before they are released to the public.

Last edited:

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• Haha
Reactions: BE_

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dont know your answer ,but Im anxious to read Motor Trend and Car And Driver's driving impressions before I buy after watching the reveal of them rolling on the desert at speed. They don't look they handle the moguls very well. Watching the two door one gave me flashbacks of the oldman's 76 pounding your kidneys out. Little worried about that. Definitely doesn't look like my Raptor looked and felt going across the same type of terrain.
Is that even remotely fair comparison? The difference in wheelbase I would expect to be huge.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In comparison to the late April timeframe for orders to reach dealers, when can we plan on seeing initial impressions from the major media outlets on driving impressions?
The Bronco is somewhat on the same timeline as the Ranger was before production. Press day and drivers were around December/January IIRC with deliveries begining March. So I would assume Media hands on and the first batch of full production demos will be around January/February once they tool the assembly line at the end of this year.

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Will Ford supply early builds to the media for road tests and reviews, or will these not be available until regular production starts in the Spring?
Would be nice to have answers to some of our drivability questions before ordering begins in December..... how they drive on/off road, highway manners and noise, mpg, etc, etc.

EDIT: never mind, thread already started on the subject. My post was merged into this thread.

Last edited:

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would those be considered pre-production? If so, then any problems and Ford can brush them off as pre-production. Otherwise Job #1 in the Spring is a long time to wait for this to happen. I want reviewers to have their way with the Bronco and honest review it.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can't wait to read the reviews. I'm going to pore through every single one as I await my late delivery Bronco

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Based on the SPORT, the real review are just happening now, right as the Sports are hitting the lots...

So not looking good for Bronco Reservations.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would those be considered pre-production? If so, then any problems and Ford can brush them off as pre-production. Otherwise Job #1 in the Spring is a long time to wait for this to happen. I want reviewers to have their way with the Bronco and honest review it.
Print magazines have long lead times (months) so they would get pre-prod models. Ford will be thinking long term with their marketing, once the Broncos start showing up at the dealers there will be increased demand (which will be unable to be fulfilled for a long time).

Sponsored

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so ford expects us to reserve without knowing anything, place our orders before anyone gets to drive them.... man are we gulable! :p
Go read all the KOH reviews and watch the videos. Pretty good test drive without a test drive.

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Go read all the KOH reviews and watch the videos. Pretty good test drive without a test drive.
More to a test drive, vehicle review and vehicle performance than just the KOH reviews and videos.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they want to review one they’ll need to buy it. ;)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah those KOH reviews are really good and as close to a review as we are going to get for now.

Just needed those back in summer of last year when everyone (like me) needed more info.
Sponsored