Sponsored

When will first drive Bronco reviews be published by press journalists?

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dont know your answer ,but Im anxious to read Motor Trend and Car And Driver's driving impressions before I buy after watching the reveal of them rolling on the desert at speed. They don't look they handle the moguls very well. Watching the two door one gave me flashbacks of the oldman's 76 pounding your kidneys out. Little worried about that. Definitely doesn't look like my Raptor looked and felt going across the same type of terrain.
I think if you watch the reveal video starting from here, you'll see he's driving really quickly through rocky terrain and that's why it's bouncing around. The next part you'll see the racing truck and when you compare it to a production model moving quickly over a similar (but still smoother) terrain, you'll see that the production one isn't bouncing around too much more than the race truck. Overall it looks quite controlled to me, even if it's moving around a bit. Try to same sections at the same speed in a Wrangler and you'll be in some serious pain lol.

You can't tell from a video if it's bottoming out but I bet it's not too much. The actual shocks are not as advanced as the Raptor but the suspension is better than anything else from the factory by quite a bit, and with coilovers at all 4 corners, once we see King, Fox Factory, Bilstein 8112, etc tuned for the Bronco it will be a high speed monster. Better than a Raptor.

Sponsored

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What is everyones best guess as to when Ford will make all of the different Bronco models available to the automotive media for both on and offroad tests and in-depth reviews?

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is everyones best guess as to when Ford will make all of the different Bronco models available to the automotive media for both on and offroad tests and in-depth reviews?
Ideally before December 7th. I hope we all have a lot of reviews to watch and read before we place our orders.

So I'll guess in the fall.

Tsp63

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado 2500 HD, 2017 Mini Cooper Clubman S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ideally before December 7th. I hope we all have a lot of reviews to watch and read before we place our orders.

So I'll guess in the fall.
After the 2015 Mustang was unveiled, the first driving impressions were from members of the auto media that were riding with Ford drivers. I suspect that Ford will do something similar with the Bronco. I’d look for a ride-along review first. Then the driving impression reviews should follow 1-2 months later.

Goetzsome

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dont know your answer ,but Im anxious to read Motor Trend and Car And Driver's driving impressions before I buy after watching the reveal of them rolling on the desert at speed. They don't look they handle the moguls very well. Watching the two door one gave me flashbacks of the oldman's 76 pounding your kidneys out. Little worried about that. Definitely doesn't look like my Raptor looked and felt going across the same type of terrain.
Its NOT a Raptor, nor is it trying to be. I have seen countless videos on utube by top pros in the automotive industry and ALL (except this tool in love with Cyber truck) say Ford hit it out of the park. I want to read the article too, but even if they gave it a thumbs down, im still getting it.

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
June. It’s still a long ways out.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nah, it’s probably a week out.
Ford is not letting them test drive anything until next year. April at the earliest. Rides and reports sure just like motor trends that is already out.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Videos out in the Desert scenes are CGI like the movies...
The crawling and desert runs appeared to be speeded up.
Wait for the pick-up for desert speed, it is all about wheelbase.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is not letting them test drive anything until next year. April at the earliest. Rides and reports sure just like motor trends that is already out.
where does the April earliest date Projection come from? That would be just around the time when orders start being delivered.

I would expect to see some road and off-road tests before that, maybe head to head with Wrangler off road, some 0-60, 1/4 mile, skidpad, braking data. Need to know what our $40k+ is getting us.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So we could be waiting until possibly March for the initial drive reviews.
I agree with this. Ford still needs to finalize things between now and then and get some production quality models out to the testers. I think Feb-March is safe bet.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My opinion is that the 2 door is better suited for trail and rock climbing and the 4 door, with it's longer wheelbase, is better suited for high speed runs through rolling desert.
To each his own.:)

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • All news and interviews will be embargoed until 6 a.m. ET on Thursday, August 13.
  • Ride experiences in new Bronco models are embargoed until 6 a.m. ET on Tuesday, August 18.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So this week it’s about to go down
Sponsored