Sponsored

When will I convert a reservation to an order?

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Everyone,

Sorry this might be a common question. I searched but the terms were pretty vague and I wasn't finding anything useful. I reserved a Bronco around May 17 (late to the party I know) and I have no delusions about getting a Bronco any time soon. But does anyone have any idea when I should hear from my dealer or when I might convert to an actual order? I'm not sure how that aspect is being handled. Since they're having so many production issues are they even converting these late reservations or orders now or any they just letting them sit?
Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There's no reason why you couldn't go ahead and convert to an order now. It will likely be a 2022 order based upon your reservation date.

But before you place your order, you should sit down with your dealer and agree upon pricing terms they will vary between dealers from: MSRP + $$$; MSRP; MSRP - $$$; Dealer Invoice + $$$; Dealer Invoice; to Dealer Invoice - $$$. Don't be afraid to shop around, you can switch dealers until you place your order.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What did your dealer say when you contacted them?

OP
OP

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did your dealer say when you contacted them?
I haven't contacted them yet. When I did the reservation it said they'd reach out to me. So basically I assumed at this point I needed to wait for them to reach out. Knowing this, I'll give them a call in the next few days. Good to hear the advice about shopping around.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some dealers are better then others. Mine has not initiated contact at any point. I’ve had to engage with them for every transaction. Then again they told me they had 85 reservations so I’m a gnat to them. Be diligent!

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't contacted them yet. When I did the reservation it said they'd reach out to me. So basically I assumed at this point I needed to wait for them to reach out. Knowing this, I'll give them a call in the next few days. Good to hear the advice about shopping around.
Yeah, discuss price before putting in your order.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, discuss price before putting in your order.
Watch out for any adjusted dealer markup (adm) or any add-ons. My shady dealer tried to slip in $495 door edge guards. Lmao

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hate to say it but you are on a bad track already. Here is what a good dealer should have done...

You make your reservation and within hours if not maybe a day or two, they should have contacted you to work out the details.

Here are some red flags you need to be on the lookout for...

1) dealer converting your reservation to an order without your permission.

2) dealer adding ADM, or not willing to actually talk price or put it in writing.

3) dealer trying to tell you things that we know to not be true (meaning they are clueless)

As a reservation holder, NOW is the time to move your reservation to a better dealer. Once you convert to an ORDER, you are locked into a dealer. Once you get your VIN your are locked into your build.

So Contact your dealer, tell them under no circumstances are they to convert your reservation to an order until you come to a concensus (out the door price would be preferred)... And if there are any red flags... Run to a new dealer.

Don't think you are going to get any deals anymore, but there are multiple dealers that will sell you at MSRP with no BS.

Reactions: abe

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi Everyone,

Sorry this might be a common question. I searched but the terms were pretty vague and I wasn't finding anything useful. I reserved a Bronco around May 17 (late to the party I know) and I have no delusions about getting a Bronco any time soon. But does anyone have any idea when I should hear from my dealer or when I might convert to an actual order? I'm not sure how that aspect is being handled. Since they're having so many production issues are they even converting these late reservations or orders now or any they just letting them sit?
AAF025F5-06DA-482C-9007-C4F55F091004.gif

OP
OP

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hate to say it but you are on a bad track already. Here is what a good dealer should have done...

You make your reservation and within hours if not maybe a day or two, they should have contacted you to work out the details.

2) dealer adding ADM, or not willing to actually talk price or put it in writing.

3) dealer trying to tell you things that we know to not be true (meaning they are clueless)

As a reservation holder, NOW is the time to move your reservation to a better dealer. Once you convert to an ORDER, you are locked into a dealer. Once you get your VIN your are locked into your build.

So Contact your dealer, tell them under no circumstances are they to convert your reservation to an order until you come to a concensus (out the door price would be preferred)... And if there are any red flags... Run to a new dealer.

Don't think you are going to get any deals anymore, but there are multiple dealers that will sell you at MSRP with no BS.
Super helpful. Thank you!

Sponsored

tatud4life

Base
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base

Or in my case, you are the one giving your dealer updates. I am looking to switching dealers as soon as Ford opens it back up. I talked to Ford yesterday and was informed that the ability to switch dealers has been temporarily closed. It's 5 1/2 hours away from me, but I am going to go to Town and Country in Bessemer, AL if they'll have me.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this stage, if I were going to switch dealers and had a two week old reservation, I'd just cancel it and make a new reservation at the preferred dealer.
Probably less hassle and really, you don't even need to cancel the first one right away ... or at all, until you want your $$ back.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if we want a 2022 and want to see the new trims, colors, etc.? When will all of that be opened up?