Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Now, I certainly understand your frustration and I'm not arguing that things could have been more clearly communicated. But....

1. The production is dependent upon what the demand is for the Ranger as well because the vehicle is made in the same plant. I've read the argument about Ford making 700,000+ F-150s a year why can't they handle these Broncos? Tthere are two plants that make the F-150 full time and nothing else. The Bronco is sharing a plant with the Ranger so 2 vehicles are produced out of the same facility. The Ranger sales have been strong and they aren't going to walk away from that segment.

The Wrangler has a very loyal customer base and sells approximately 240,000 units annually. Ford planning for 120,000 units is more than reasonable and very aspirational to capture 50% of that market. Many would say 2 years ago that plan would be very aggressive. The underproduction is also a benefit for customers in the long-term. I can see a scenario where a customer purchases a Bronco from us and sells it for more than they pay for 6 months later. This will help residuals and trade-in values down the road as well.

2. Covid has messed things up and thrown a huge wrench into their plans. We are a Jeep dealership as well. I couldn't order any Jeep Compass SUVs or Renegade SUVs this month because of a microchip shortage. This is all tied to Covid supply issues.

The change in allocation methodology was certainly a surprise as it was not what we were told initially. If a dealership got 1000 Mach E reservations, to my knowledge they would receive those and not be limited. The Bronco blew away expectations on reservations and I don't think anyone at Ford would argue that they expected this overwhelming of a response. It is a good problem to have, but I won't argue there were missteps along the way certainly.
Well put.

To back Zach up on the Allocation:
The methodology for Bronco allocation was indeed a surprise, but I think in the end it's the best solution for customers as well as all dealers. Ford knew that they weren't going to be able satisfy all reservations in the first production year, so to make it fair to the customers (and dealers), they adjusted the way the production was distributed. If the normal allocation system was in play, a small town dealer like Granger would have received far less allocation regardless of how many reservations they have. My understanding is the Mach-E supply is higher than the demand, so Ford can give every dealer their reservations and more, so it's easy to just fulfill each dealer's reservations. The opposite is true with Bronco, demand outstrips supply on a magnitude of 3(based on the reservations all converting).

Some folks on the forum don't realize how well Ford has put this together. This has been the most transparent launch I've seen in 10 years at my dealership. The fact that forum members know more about the ordering and allocation process than my salespeople is a testament to just how transparent Ford has been, and has allowed us to be. Having build and price up 8 months before production begins, inside info via B.N., prototype walkarounds, videos of pre-production vehicles, and lest us forget Ford made on-the-fly functional and design changes based on customer feedback. That doesn't happen to a vehicle not handmade by a boutique luxury manufacturer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Efthreeoh

It could very well happen too because each person (based on email address???) was/is allowed 2 current reservations. I wouldn't expect all of those folks to be buying 2 $$$ vehicles. Do you?
The dealer and me are in a small county with under 18,000 in population and at least 30% are children, and 20% are elderly, with maybe 30% percent of the driving population not of the financial wherewithal to drop $40K - $50K on a New Bronco. Plus, being a rural county, internet service is limited, so I would think the first days of the July reveal and frantic internet reserving didn't let many of my neighbors double up on reservations.

So that all boils down in my mind as, for my particular case the 20-something reservations the dear has will most likely convert to orders, I'd say near 95%. All guesstimates on my part.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You really think on average, a dealership is going to lose 66% of its reservations?
at $100 refundable with sketchy timelines, backpedaling and random dishonesty from Ford? absolutely.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To many of you are getting bent out of shape over this whole allocation deal. Pour yourself a stiff drink, put a steak on the grill and be damn thankful we live in a country where we can buy a Bronco!

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1. The production is dependent upon what the demand is for the Ranger as well because the vehicle is made in the same plant. .... The Bronco is sharing a plant with the Ranger so 2 vehicles are produced out of the same facility. The Ranger sales have been strong and they aren't going to walk away from that segment.
Here’s a little historical side note. I live a few blocks from the former Ford Ranger plant on the banks of the Mississippi in St Paul, MN, which closed in 2011 as Rangle sales had plummeted. In the mid-90s they put out 300,000 Rangers a year. It was the longest running Ford plant, starting with Model Ts in 1925.

Henry Ford built the site and its hydroelectric plant (a major Mississippi lock and dam was built to provide power 100 years ago). They sold it right before hybrids and more calls for sustainability. Would’ve been fun to have the Bronco made in my backyard, maybe even a hybrid from hydroelectric.

This is a very residential neighborhood less than 4 miles from both Minneapolis and St Paul with lots of parks; it’s amazing the factory was in the middle of it (and partly, because of it). After much site cleanup, it will now have 3,500 housing units and 55 acres of parks. A a bit of a nod to the Ford history.

B1ACEDD4-2564-4AE9-97BA-EB6FDF8E12C7.jpeg

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
at $100 refundable with sketchy timelines, backpedaling and random dishonesty from Ford? absolutely.
I'll post back in a week or two with my dealership's real conversion numbers. Keep in mind that its a long-standing family owned dealership with deep ties in the community. The sales manager already told me he expects near 100% conversion. It's not impersonal like a large mega-dealership that sells other brands.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To many of you are getting bent out of shape over this whole allocation deal. Pour yourself a stiff drink, put a steak on the grill and be damn thankful we live in a country where we can buy a Bronco!
Can't believe the price of a steak at Wegmans last week, "Holy heck"!

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am interested in this as well. Many dealers seem to be giving this information out freely (not mine but Im not sure they have email at this point haha). Granger has generated a lot of interest with their pricing and have been engaged in the forums and are aiming to be transparent. Many have asked and no response with either the numbers or reasons for not disclosing have been given yet. Information is still coming in and there is still plenty of time to answer, but this is one of the first things that I have noticed as well. They are aware of the request.

I have read other Granger posts where they acknowledge that they over 1000 reservations, and that they have been given the similar 30% Initial dealer allocation. Based on conversion of reservations to orders counting for 50% of the Final allocation, Granger will likely get more broncs. If nationwide conversion is 40-50%, and Granger is 60-70%, my guestimates, they will be allocated more broncs.

When I reserved, it was my understanding Ford would build and deliver based on reservation date/time. Otherwise, what would be the point of reserving? What that meant to me was that Ford would build each Bronc in order by date/time stamp, and withhold a build only if parts unavailable, then move on the next number in line. It should not have mattered which dealer the order was placed to. If the first 1000 reservations by time stamp were all through Granger, then Granger should receive the first 1000 built, allowing for parts constraints.

Then apparently the big dealers whined to Ford about how Granger is sucking the life out of them because they want to charge MSRP and ADM (additional dealer markups) and around here, the dealers add what they call "market adjustment", adding several thousand dollars to the sticker (like the Hellcat). So Ford then comes up with this dealer allocation system, which to me, at least partially negates the whole idea of build and deliver based on time/date stamp.

With the two 7/14 reservations, I plan to order with specs not likely to be limited in supply to avoid delivery delay. Will use the third reservation (Granger October Special), for when all the goodies and new colors should be available. I believe there were 70k reservations 7/13-14, and assuming a 50% conversion of reservation to orders, or 35k real orders, then of this bunch there will be non-delivery because of delayed availability of some items. At 10k production a month, I am expecting delivery ~ August-Sept. Of course, this speculation could easily change. An enterprising dealer might contact all of its reservation holders to tell them to go through with the order, and then guarantee to purchase the Bronc from the customer at delivery, if they decline acceptance. Then they will have Broncs on their lot for sale at high dollar (no, idk if all that is legal).

My apologies in advance if anyone gets bumped lower, but I plan to change the two 7/14 reservations to Granger also, and always have, but was just waiting for the dust to settle. How many Ford dealers are there, and how many are on this Forum promoting the new Bronc? Obviously, Ford Motors, the company, should be an active member on the Forum providing information as best they can, and direct to their customers, but maybe they haven't figured out new age marketing. South Florida is a long way from pheasant country, but Granger has earned my business by their involvement in the Bronc community and this Forum.

(please don't ask for specific documentation for anything above, as that is in my head, and the above can be interpreted as speculation, rather than fact, if so desired)

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Documentation issues like that B&P as well as Order Book are absolutely items that can be done from a remote location and should not nearly as affected by COVID-19.

Delays with large amounts of errors should not be considered acceptable.

My book, not necessarily yours.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have read other Granger posts where they acknowledge that they over 1000 reservations, and that they have been given the similar 30% Initial dealer allocation. Based on conversion of reservations to orders counting for 50% of the Final allocation, Granger will likely get more broncs. If nationwide conversion is 40-50%, and Granger is 60-70%, my guestimates, they will be allocated more broncs.

When I reserved, it was my understanding Ford would build and deliver based on reservation date/time. Otherwise, what would be the point of reserving? What that meant to me was that Ford would build each Bronc in order by date/time stamp, and withhold a build only if parts unavailable, then move on the next number in line. It should not have mattered which dealer the order was placed to. If the first 1000 reservations by time stamp were all through Granger, then Granger should receive the first 1000 built, allowing for parts constraints.

Then apparently the big dealers whined to Ford about how Granger is sucking the life out of them because they want to charge MSRP and ADM (additional dealer markups) and around here, the dealers add what they call "market adjustment", adding several thousand dollars to the sticker (like the Hellcat). So Ford then comes up with this dealer allocation system, which to me, at least partially negates the whole idea of build and deliver based on time/date stamp.

With the two 7/14 reservations, I plan to order with specs not likely to be limited in supply to avoid delivery delay. Will use the third reservation (Granger October Special), for when all the goodies and new colors should be available. I believe there were 70k reservations 7/13-14, and assuming a 50% conversion of reservation to orders, or 35k real orders, then of this bunch there will be non-delivery because of delayed availability of some items. At 10k production a month, I am expecting delivery ~ August-Sept. Of course, this speculation could easily change. An enterprising dealer might contact all of its reservation holders to tell them to go through with the order, and then guarantee to purchase the Bronc from the customer at delivery, if they decline acceptance. Then they will have Broncs on their lot for sale at high dollar (no, idk if all that is legal).

My apologies in advance if anyone gets bumped lower, but I plan to change the two 7/14 reservations to Granger also, and always have, but was just waiting for the dust to settle. How many Ford dealers are there, and how many are on this Forum promoting the new Bronc? Obviously, Ford Motors, the company, should be an active member on the Forum providing information as best they can, and direct to their customers, but maybe they haven't figured out new age marketing. South Florida is a long way from pheasant country, but Granger has earned my business by their involvement in the Bronc community and this Forum.

(please don't ask for specific documentation for anything above, as that is in my head, and the above can be interpreted as speculation, rather than fact, if so desired)
I imagine quite a bit of Granger’s reservations are from their October deal which I understand won’t be included in the MY21 allocation formula. I’ll likely never know as that information is limited to their reservation holders and as of now I am not one since the logistics and price don’t make sense for me. Good luck on your purchase!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My apologies in advance if anyone gets bumped lower, but I plan to change the two 7/14 reservations to Granger also, and always have, but was just waiting for the dust to settle.
So, you feel that Ford screwed reservation holders over with the allocation system and you feel the need to pass that on to the two people who would have been at the end of Granger's allocation by knocking them out of the 2021 model year?

Just clarifying.

Kludge

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, you feel that Ford screwed reservation holders over with the allocation system and you feel the need to pass that on to the two people who would have been at the end of Granger's allocation by knocking them out of the 2021 model year?

Just clarifying.
I'm curious what he plans on doing with 3 Broncos. Bragging about hoarding for profit seems a bit offcolor on this forum.
Sponsored