First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
"So as you can see we received roughly 14% of our reservations on July 13th, 20% on July 14th 10% on July 15th then started to taper down to 6%, 4% then 3%. "

interesting on the % of Reservations on 13th and 14th. I got mine through at 10:56pm on 13th and just noticed it is a 7/14 Reservation. Guessing some that randomly got reservations to go through earlier got them with a 13th date? I tried non stop from the start at 7 or 8pm whatever it was so surprised to see that high of a number with 13th dates seeing the system was crashed so long.
Sponsored

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Zach@Granger thank you for those details!

Can you address this "cutting in line" or "giving priority to customers who selected Granger first". I'm hearing that dealers are no allowing people with early reservations to get ahead of existing customers on a new dealer switch

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It would be fun to group-together pickups in Iowa with road-trips home through mountains or whatever is in our path.

I’d be willing to let my Bronco sit on the lot for a few weeks, if I had the chance to road trip back to Florida with a few folks.

HINT: Grainger - maybe you could help organize these Group Pickups ↖

Aragonite

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

"There will be commodity restrictions on high demand items. Sasquatch, Lux Package, 2.7L V6, among other items will be restrained."

What does this mean for FE buyers? Top of the list, or pushed to the back of the line due to parts availability?

Sponsored

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
First, I want to thank the large contingent of passionate enthusiasts on Bronco6G for their welcoming attitude towards us as a dealership. This reception is humbling and we will continue to do our best to be an asset to the community.

I would be remiss if I did not thank Ford as well. While it is easy to complain on the consumer side of the table. They are bringing to market a SUV that invokes passion from a wide collection of people. This has been accomplished through a set of circumstances that no one could see coming. With Covid-19, and the uncertainty that showed the automotive industry in March/April. The huge supply constraints that have faced all industries with parts backorders and short availability on new car inventory. This has been a challenging time.

But Ford has certainly gotten it right where it counts. The Ford Bronco inspires passion unlike countless examples of nameless mid-size SUVs from other brands. This is a great thing, because if no one cares you aren’t doing your job correctly. I don’t think Ford has received enough credit for this. Selfishly this has been a great opportunity for our store and we are very blessed to be a part of it. While running through the challenges that this opportunity brings can certainly be frustrating at times, it is important not to lose sight of the fact that we’re fortunate to be in this position.

Now for the Number 1 question I have received and I’m sure that is one everyone’s mind is “WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY (insert date of reservation) BRONCO?

What do we know?

• Ford has announced on multiple occasions that they have over 190,000 reservations. There are also articles cited from July 31st that the Bronco had achieved 150,000 reservations at that point. From our data we have (pre-October special) this is the rough reservations we have by date prior to our October special.

1610733034518.png

I would think our data is a good sample of the rest of the nation. The graph above shows percentages based upon dates in July. So as you can see we received roughly 14% of our reservations on July 13th, 20% on July 14th 10% on July 15th then started to taper down to 6%, 4% then 3%. Others have posted on this in the past with a more extensive data set. But roughly 50% of all reservations were made within the 13th-16th time frame in July from our data set.

• Automotive new has quoted Mark LaNeve at one point stating that, “over 75% of the roughly 165,000 refundable deposits will be converted to sales”
  • There will be commodity restrictions on high demand items. Sasquatch, Lux Package, 2.7L V6, among other items will be restrained.
  • The production of cars can be a confusing process. We are a dual-franchised store with FCA as our other brand we carry. We ordered 2 Retail order 2500s for customers that are currently in-transit to our store and both in the same estimated arrival date currently. One order was placed on 11-16 the other order was placed on 9-16. The order placed on 11-16 was for an item with more “high demand” and with commodities that should be harder to get than the 9-16 order.
  • Some dealers have reported approximately 30% of their reservations as their initial estimated allocation. 190,000 x 30% = 57,000 production units.

What do we do with this information?

• The number 1 impact on total allocation will be the number of reservations converted to orders and the second factor isn’t close. If 75% of reservations convert to orders that equals 142,500 Broncos or over 1 year of production capacity (roughly 15 months estimate). If that drops to 50% that would put production at 95,000 orders or 25% would put production at 47,500.
1610733088684.png
  • Dealer Allocation – Dealer allocation will play a part in overall Bronco ordering. There has been some misinformation about what allocation is and how it works. Allocation is a commitment between Ford and the dealer on how many vehicles the dealer will order and get produced for that dealership. This does impact reservation holders where a dealership will not be able to get a vehicle scheduled without the allocation first. Right now, Ford’s initial allocation is based upon Ford’s best “guess” on how many orders convert. The final number will be announced in April. The conundrum for the customer is that you need to commit to a dealer before finalizing your order which ends March 19th.
  • Commodity Restraints – This will absolutely play a big part in the timing of your order. Imagine a scenario with two order placed at exactly the same time on 7/14. One order is a big bend 4 door, the other a Wildtrack 4-Door with leather seating. It could potentially be months difference in delivery timeframe because of the options that someone chooses.
  • It is my opinion that Ford is estimating high on the conversion percentage. I can certainly understand why, because they have to plan for that amount of production and I would estimate high if I was in that position. I see the fulfillment rate coming in close to 40-50% when all is said and done. That would put total reservations converted around 85,000 at 45% and would allow approximately 75% of the total allocation

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"So as you can see we received roughly 14% of our reservations on July 13th, 20% on July 14th 10% on July 15th then started to taper down to 6%, 4% then 3%. "

interesting on the % of Reservations on 13th and 14th. I got mine through at 10:56pm on 13th and just noticed it is a 7/14 Reservation. Guessing some that randomly got reservations to go through earlier got them with a 13th date? I tried non stop from the start at 7 or 8pm whatever it was so surprised to see that high of a number with 13th dates seeing the system was crashed so long.
I hope for the same.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Can you address this "cutting in line" or "giving priority to customers who selected Granger first". I'm hearing that dealers are no allowing people with early reservations to get ahead of existing customers on a new dealer switch
Everyone from Iowa gets 1st dibs....
?

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I selected Granger Ford on my reservation and have not considered switching. As a reservation holder with Granger Ford I would appreciate if Albert could reply to the email I have sent to him.

Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Glad you said that. I reserved on 7/14, but now it shows as 7/15. Thought I was going crazy. What I don't know is with all the cancellations, how does that affect my reservation? I've heard many people saying their cancellation is moving me and everyone else up in line, but then I see my resvr date is actually one day later.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Same, I gave up and went to bed...then tried again late at night on the 13th on the east coast and got one in. My reservation says the 14th.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would like to see this addressed too.

There are also no hard initial allocation or reservation numbers for Granger given either or where the (maybe) 30% of pre 9/18 reservation time falls. We only see July numbers here.
Sponsored

Reactions: jxc