Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you @Zach@Granger
Two outstanding questions you may be
I don't think Ford can legally tell you how to game the system by ordering the roof rack at parts and getting it installed.
They kind of left enough clues out there for the normal consumer to figure out themselves. But they are advertising the my22 recommendation because by then they would have figured out the gvwr issues
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you @Zach@Granger for taking the time to respond. It is my understanding the initial allocation of 30% will increase/decrease based on the converted reservation rate for each dealer. By your dealership targeting the enthusiast community of B6G, it stands to reason that an enthusiast will be more likely to convert their reservation over the non-enthusiast who had their interest piqued back in July on the night of the reveal. Is my assumption that the initial allocation of 30% will increase for Granger if the expected converted reservation rate exceeds that of other dealerships?

Another question that I have is the process of reservation conversion for those with reservations that were made after September 18, 2020. It has been my understanding that all reservations regardless of when they were made must convert the reservation to an order by the March 19th deadline. Those reservations that don't convert will be cancelled and the $100 refunded. Orders that are submitted and not scheduled to be built before MY22 changeover will have to resubmit their order based on MY22 options. But recently, it has been mentioned that late reservations for MY22 will not submit an order and their reservation will still remain valid without converting. They will have to convert their reservation at a later date. Can you provide clarity to the conversion process for late reservation holders?

1st - The way I see it, the biggest factor will be the overall conversion ratio. If Ford is shooting for 80% in their projections and it comes in at 40%. That doubles the production capability they are anticipating. The second factor is yes, if we convert at 100% and all other dealers convert at 50% our percentage of allocation would increase. The amount of which, I'm not sure.

2nd - It is my impression we are supposed to convert all order regardless of reservation date. I have asked for clarification on what this looks like then converting to a 2022 model year and haven't received a solid answer. So we're waiting to hear back before ordering or not ordering Post sep 18th reservation.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great post and thank you for the update, @Zach@Granger.

I would like to know what your team would advise doing if we reserved with your store explicitly once Manual Sasquatch was announced, which has since been pushed to MY22. Would you advise getting a Big Bend Sasquatch order in now to get in line, and amend the order once that is available in order system?

You said it better than I tried to... :)
I'm trying to get clarification on this. Hopefully we'll know more on Tuesday when order banks open up.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No idea if this will get a response, but hereā€™s my conundrum:

My reservation is 0830, 15 July. The percentages you listed - are those just for July or the entire period for Fordā€™s initial calculation? If the latter, it looks like Iā€™m a MY22 buyer if everyone goes through and gets something available right now.

That being said, are you requiring a deposit, and is it refundable? Iā€™m prepared to place my order and wait til May to find out when I might get my Bronco. But Iā€™d rather not lose $500-1000. I HAVE to have a new vehicle this year, and the further from summer I get, the less likely itā€™s going to be a Bronco. Iā€™d rather not waste your time, and mess up whatever systems are in place if ordering does not fit my timeline.
Its going to be hard to answer that question until April when the final conversion and allocation ratios are expected. Visit with us when we call for scheduling and we can go over this in more detail.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As an "October special" reservation holder who is plenty happy with my current vehicle situation this is great news for me.

1. I get the best deal possible from a straight up dealership.
2. I get to see reviews of the actual vehicle (maybe even drive one?) before laying down money
3. I get to be an early MY22 owner and choose from whatever options they add
4. I get to visit Iowa for the first time and road trip home during the spring season of 2022 (probably)

I feel bad for those of you who have to have an MY21 this year for one reason or another and are on the bubble.

Best of luck that the deliveries happen in your favor.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You need to add some zeros on the end of it before putting it ā€œto workā€ is going to make any sort of difference. Whatā€™s the current risk free rate? T-bills have done negative yield. Long term rates were under 1%.

P/E ratios are in the 30s and 40s. So if I buy now, at constant ratios my grade school kids can make a profit when theyā€™re in their 50s?

its worthless to invest unless you have some good connections and access to the good deals. Most of us donā€™t. I donā€™t get to get in on the ground floor for the kind of pump and dumps that are driving the current stock market.

So buying a car with cash makes some more sense. Maybe I can get some great financing terms?

I guess it depends on where you put your money. I had several mutual funds do over 60% in 2020 and even my conservative stuff was in double digits. Funds anyone can invest in.

I bought a rent house at the end of 2019 I could have paid cash for. Instead I put the minimum down, financed at 15 years, and left my money invested. I've made far more off that money than I've paid in interest. Am actually selling the house next month for 15% more than I paid for it. Paying cash would not have been wrong, but I would have less money if I did.

I can buy a vehicle that will do nothing but depreciate over time. I can pay cash and just lose that depreciation, or I can invest over that same time frame, earning compound interest, and have far more in assets at the end of that same time frame. Of course, that requires making more than you pay in interest and actually investing wisely. Some probably are better off paying cash.

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its going to be hard to answer that question until April when the final conversion and allocation ratios are expected. Visit with us when we call for scheduling and we can go over this in more detail.
Thanks Zach. I do really want my Bronco, but Iā€™m driving a 20 year old Land Rover, and I really donā€™t want to mess you guys up if I end up having to cancel because of a way later than expected delivery.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you @Zach@Granger
Two outstanding questions you may be able to help get answers on:

1). For 21MY 4Dr Sasquatch that want roof rails, why was it recommended by Ford to wait for 22MY vs ordering the part at the dealer and/or installing it ourselves? If Ford is expecting this would cause a problem, limitation, or safety concern, I wish Ford would just tell us before we DIY. Roof rails is a must have for some of us and I donā€™t want to find the problem after I bought a $60k Bronco.

2). It seems like no doubt some reservation holders will get pushed to 22MY. Please help identify and communicate 22MY changes, e.g., why 22MY SAS roof racks work, new colors, any/all specs. Many of us have been hanging on for a long time and need to be able to plan for our vehicle purchases.

Thank you!
WIthout seeing the roof rails and the roof Its hard to give you a definite answer. I can tell you the slide out tailgate option will be available as an accessory in 21MY purchased from a dealer but you can't order it on the car from the factory to simplify the assembly process. That may be the case in this situation as well.

The new options for 22 that you can expect are new roof options, exterior colors, vehicle options, special editions as well. That is all the detail I have.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Could we get that chart through September 18th? Supposedly this is the date Ford used to calculate the allocations. One could get a better idea when we fit into the %30 of the pool.
At least they are transparent...to a point...they still havenā€™t said what their order block allocation is upfront.

Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm obligated to post the image whenever I see mention of Brittany Blue. You're welcome.
Brittany Blue Bronco.jpg
Reminds me of Range Rover's Byron Blue (took forever to find that name). Which is by far my favorite color. That paired with a white top would easily be my most desired combination.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the least ford can do now is after the march window closes start telling the rest of us what the MY22 options will be. At least the colors, what the heritage packages will be, etc.
Sponsored