Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why can’t more time to save also mean more time to let my investments mature ?
Sponsored

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you @Zach@Granger! The customer service has me looking forward to my road trip back to Oregon. Thinking I may be optioning up to LUX for that heated steering wheel since all my other options may be delayed. My summer road trip may be moved to winter!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the least ford can do now is after the march window closes start telling the rest of us what the MY22 options will be. At least the colors, what the heritage packages will be, etc.
I'll wager 1 adult, 12 oz beverage, non-craft, of your choice that you will see the Model Year 22 information on the B&P the day after order conversion closes. Or at least within a week @tritonx100

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
3. I get to be an early MY22 owner and choose from whatever options they add
Everything is contingent on the reservation-to-order conversion rate but many folks who reserved in July will be early MY22. You could conceivably be looking at MY23.

Kren

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK - what does this really mean though? I have a July 14th reservation....not really sure how I interpret this other than to say we have absolutely no idea when you will get your Bronco.

Sponsored

The_Axeman

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still don’t understand this allocation process.

I have a July 14th reservation. My dealership is a shitty little thing with something like 6-7 Broncos on reservation with them.

How does this affect me? Am I at risk of not getting my Bronco in a « timely » fashion? Or is it the opposite? I feel retarded. Sorry. Can someone help clarify this for me?

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is a slipper slope and something we aren't going to entertain. Ford has given dealers some autonomy on what to prioritize. I can understand this and appreciate this flexibility. Our decision as a store is to leave the orders according to timestamp because there's a lot of gray area if you start down that path.
For those of us who want a MY22, this type of flexibility is welcomed.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a July 14th reservation. My dealership is a shitty little thing with something like 6-7 Broncos on reservation with them.

How does this affect me? Am I at risk of not getting my Bronco in a « timely » fashion? Or is it the opposite? I feel retarded. Sorry. Can someone help clarify this for me?
First you would need to find out which number you are at that dealership. Then, if you are in the roughly top 30% then you have a <<good shot>> at being model year 21.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

It seems dealers are receiving a first round allocation of around 30% of their total orders . In your dealers case, that would be 2 vehicles. If you were the first or 2nd reservation at the dealer, then you should get your vehicle in the first round. If you weren't, then you may be looking at a MY22. All depends on final first round allocation which we won't know for sure until April.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Everything is contingent on the reservation-to-order conversion rate but many folks who reserved in July will be early MY22. You could conceivably be looking at MY23.
That still works for me.

But going from Zach’s estimate of 45% conversion = 85,000 orders or Ford’s estimate of 75% conversion= 142,500 orders and considering Ford’s production of 140,000/year (?) and their statement that they will build reservation/retail before stock..it would seem likely that most current reservation holders will likely get their Bronco within 12 months of production start up in June?

So not sure how it would get pushed to MY23. Maybe 100% conversion?

Maybe I am missing something.. it wouldn’t be the first time.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice to see clear communications. Uhhhh, FORD, do you see that?
Not flaming, but what was clear about it? It was all a mathematical exercise based on a guesstimate of reservations conversions.

My dealer is a small dealership and gave me specific numbers as to their number of reservation holders (less than 30) and their allotment from Ford for MY '21 units (less than 10). I was a late reservationist and my dealer said plainly I am a MY '22 delivery and that MY '22 production begins December 2021. According to Ford, 2-door body styles are one of the delay drivers.

Last edited:

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Talk to the Bronco rep at your dealership. Hopefully they can give you some info. Just hope your reservation comes before those 6-7.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You need to add some zeros on the end of it before putting it “to work” is going to make any sort of difference. What’s the current risk free rate? T-bills have done negative yield. Long term rates were under 1%.

P/E ratios are in the 30s and 40s. So if I buy now, at constant ratios my grade school kids can make a profit when they’re in their 50s?

its worthless to invest unless you have some good connections and access to the good deals. Most of us don’t. I don’t get to get in on the ground floor for the kind of pump and dumps that are driving the current stock market.

So buying a car with cash makes some more sense. Maybe I can get some great financing terms?
I also hate car payments more than I hate my money not working for me. One shot and I'm out the door with the vehicle I own. That's worth it to me.
Sponsored