Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All I know is that I'm gonna make sure I find a dealer that doesn't know anything about this forum. Don't want them posting on here that they have some open slots for those 7/14 guys to slip in and take my spot. Maybe I'll find some backwoods dealer that barely understands the internet. ???

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see your point. But imagine you're a customer at Ford Dealer A and I'm the manager asking you for a $10,000 non-refundable deposit. Do you want to be locked into that deal or have the flexibility to switch?

The reasoning behind it is to protect the consumer.
Yeah, I thought about and then forgot to add that I see the other side. Now, it seems that info leaks like my conspiracy theory will be consumer pitted against consumer.

I almost made a thread last night arguing for a mandatory $5K deposit to get a MY21 just to weed out tire kickers and friends/employees of dealerships who might be, basically, ordering stock units as has been discussed and almost admitted to by some on this forum.

As appealing as the Tesla ordering model is, I still prefer to choose a dealership that I will have a relationship with instead of a vending machine. I'm glad my reservation is with you and we'll get to see each other in person and laugh about this whenever I pick up my Bronco.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Apologies if this has been asked/answered already, but how many total reservations does Granger have? Or reservations prior to Sept 18?

Curious because say for example they have 200 and ford decides 30% get filled for 21MY. Theres a big difference between that and 30% of 5000 reservations. Allocation formula aside, i would anticipate that ford will still cap dealers quantities at some point if the numbers being used in the fomula are determined to be extremely over inflated based on regular business levels for that dealer. Or is that not at all how this could go? This whole allocation thing is confusing.

Shifty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, I want to thank the large contingent of passionate enthusiasts on Bronco6G for their welcoming attitude towards us as a dealership. This reception is humbling and we will continue to do our best to be an asset to the community.

I would be remiss if I did not thank Ford as well. While it is easy to complain on the consumer side of the table. They are bringing to market a SUV that invokes passion from a wide collection of people. This has been accomplished through a set of circumstances that no one could see coming. With Covid-19, and the uncertainty that showed the automotive industry in March/April. The huge supply constraints that have faced all industries with parts backorders and short availability on new car inventory. This has been a challenging time.

But Ford has certainly gotten it right where it counts. The Ford Bronco inspires passion unlike countless examples of nameless mid-size SUVs from other brands. This is a great thing, because if no one cares you aren’t doing your job correctly. I don’t think Ford has received enough credit for this. Selfishly this has been a great opportunity for our store and we are very blessed to be a part of it. While running through the challenges that this opportunity brings can certainly be frustrating at times, it is important not to lose sight of the fact that we’re fortunate to be in this position.

Now for the Number 1 question I have received and I’m sure that is one everyone’s mind is “WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY (insert date of reservation) BRONCO?

What do we know?

• Ford has announced on multiple occasions that they have over 190,000 reservations. There are also articles cited from July 31st that the Bronco had achieved 150,000 reservations at that point. From our data we have (pre-October special) this is the rough reservations we have by date prior to our October special.

1610733034518.png

I would think our data is a good sample of the rest of the nation. The graph above shows percentages based upon dates in July. So as you can see we received roughly 14% of our reservations on July 13th, 20% on July 14th 10% on July 15th then started to taper down to 6%, 4% then 3%. Others have posted on this in the past with a more extensive data set. But roughly 50% of all reservations were made within the 13th-16th time frame in July from our data set.

• Automotive new has quoted Mark LaNeve at one point stating that, “over 75% of the roughly 165,000 refundable deposits will be converted to sales”
  • There will be commodity restrictions on high demand items. Sasquatch, Lux Package, 2.7L V6, among other items will be restrained.
  • The production of cars can be a confusing process. We are a dual-franchised store with FCA as our other brand we carry. We ordered 2 Retail order 2500s for customers that are currently in-transit to our store and both in the same estimated arrival date currently. One order was placed on 11-16 the other order was placed on 9-16. The order placed on 11-16 was for an item with more “high demand” and with commodities that should be harder to get than the 9-16 order.
  • Some dealers have reported approximately 30% of their reservations as their initial estimated allocation. 190,000 x 30% = 57,000 production units.

What do we do with this information?

• The number 1 impact on total allocation will be the number of reservations converted to orders and the second factor isn’t close. If 75% of reservations convert to orders that equals 142,500 Broncos or over 1 year of production capacity (roughly 15 months estimate). If that drops to 50% that would put production at 95,000 orders or 25% would put production at 47,500.
1610733088684.png
  • Dealer Allocation – Dealer allocation will play a part in overall Bronco ordering. There has been some misinformation about what allocation is and how it works. Allocation is a commitment between Ford and the dealer on how many vehicles the dealer will order and get produced for that dealership. This does impact reservation holders where a dealership will not be able to get a vehicle scheduled without the allocation first. Right now, Ford’s initial allocation is based upon Ford’s best “guess” on how many orders convert. The final number will be announced in April. The conundrum for the customer is that you need to commit to a dealer before finalizing your order which ends March 19th.
  • Commodity Restraints – This will absolutely play a big part in the timing of your order. Imagine a scenario with two order placed at exactly the same time on 7/14. One order is a big bend 4 door, the other a Wildtrack 4-Door with leather seating. It could potentially be months difference in delivery timeframe because of the options that someone chooses.
  • It is my opinion that Ford is estimating high on the conversion percentage. I can certainly understand why, because they have to plan for that amount of production and I would estimate high if I was in that position. I see the fulfillment rate coming in close to 40-50% when all is said and done. That would put total reservations converted around 85,000 at 45% and would allow approximately 75% of the total allocation to be scheduled as 21 MY Broncos. Regardless of where you stand, I hope to have provided enough information to provide you the ability to make the determination and decision for yourself based upon the data.

In conclusion, the uniqueness and customization of the Bronco is one of the reasons that customers are drawn to the car. You can make it uniquely yours and like no other Bronco on the road. Just as unique is the motivation that everyone has to purchase their Bronco. Some want to be the soonest. Some want to make sure they get exactly what they want without compromise regardless of timing. Yet others want to find the best deal out there. This is a good talking point with your dealership of choice and I’m sure they will work with you to make sure you are taken care of properly.

For our customers we really appreciate you choosing us. As we have always been we want to be as customer centered as possible. It would be foolish of me to guarantee anything that I cannot stand behind. We will commit to working with every customer based upon their motivation to purchase as best as possible. We are excited for the ride and thank you for the opportunity to earn your business!

-Zach
Thank you Zach. It’s unbelievable to me that a DEALER can put together a communication that clearly explains what is going on, what is certain and how variables impact the outcome. Not the nonsense Q/A videos that bronco Nation and Ford put together. Ford, has really messed this up. Right from the beginning the reality was clear to them.

They would have known their annual production under a full year of manufacturing (as Zach identified) they would have known that by the end of the first week they received more reservations than they could have produced granted not all would be converted to orders. They would have known COVID was and could have impacted the typical production. They should have had a plan long ago (i think they did) how allocations could would distort the reservation order (which makes sense, i’m not criticizing them on that as much the timing of communication) They should have communicated these statistics and set expectations early, they should have communicated often where they stood.

This launch has been coordinated about as bad as an organization could. The outcome might not have been any different but for heavens sake communicate!! I have never owned a Ford vehicle this would have been my first and I might still stick it out What now appears an almost certain 2022 delivery.

I think Ford should continuously communicate with reservation holders, not just a welcome to family e-mail. In March I would let people know how what their production numbers look, how orders are coming along, how supply chain is being effected or not. I think most people will understand..just communicate!!!!

I’m sorry folks, I wrote this more to vent my own frustrations, don’t mean to offend anyone.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you Zach. It’s unbelievable to me that a DEALER can put together a communication that clearly explains what is going on, what is certain and how variables impact the outcome. Not the nonsense Q/A videos that bronco Nation and Ford put together. Ford, has really messed this up. Right from the beginning the reality was clear to them.

They would have known their annual production under a full year of manufacturing (as Zach identified) they would have known that by the end of the first week they received more reservations than they could have produced granted not all would be converted to orders. They would have known COVID was and could have impacted the typical production. They should have had a plan long ago (i think they did) how allocations could would distort the reservation order (which makes sense, i’m not criticizing them on that as much the timing of communication) They should have communicated these statistics and set expectations early, they should have communicated often where they stood.

This launch has been coordinated about as bad as an organization could. The outcome might not have been any different but for heavens sake communicate!! I have never owned a Ford vehicle this would have been my first and I might still stick it out What now appears an almost certain 2022 delivery.

I think Ford should continuously communicate with reservation holders, not just a welcome to family e-mail. In March I would let people know how what their production numbers look, how orders are coming along, how supply chain is being effected or not. I think most people will understand..just communicate!!!!

I’m sorry folks, I wrote this more to vent my own frustrations, don’t mean to offend anyone.
That's why so many on the forum respect them as a dealership.

I think someone or a group of people at Ford assumed a very low conversion rate like 30% and they kept the hype train going to avoid building a model year that wasn't sold out. At some point the hype will die down and Bronco sales will be determined on its merits and competitive edge in a market segment Jeep has ruled for the past 25 years.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Apologies if this has been asked/answered already, but how many total reservations does Granger have? Or reservations prior to Sept 18?

Curious because say for example they have 200 and ford decides 30% get filled for 21MY. Theres a big difference between that and 30% of 5000 reservations. Allocation formula aside, i would anticipate that ford will still cap dealers quantities at some point if the numbers being used in the fomula are determined to be extremely over inflated based on regular business levels for that dealer. Or is that not at all how this could go? This whole allocation thing is confusing.
That is not something we have or will publicly share. Its to each dealerships discretion. But it is a moving target. The number now is not what the number was a month ago. I can also tell you that number as a whole will go down when dealerships ask for money down or people to commit to an order over the next few months. Some people may have been very excited on July 13th and then get a call from a dealer and forgot about the $100 deposit altogether at this point. This forum is not an accurate reflection of that.

There is no "cap" and the final allocation won't be solidified until April when it is communicated to dealers.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Now, I certainly understand your frustration and I'm not arguing that things could have been more clearly communicated. But....

1. The production is dependent upon what the demand is for the Ranger as well because the vehicle is made in the same plant. I've read the argument about Ford making 700,000+ F-150s a year why can't they handle these Broncos? Tthere are two plants that make the F-150 full time and nothing else. The Bronco is sharing a plant with the Ranger so 2 vehicles are produced out of the same facility. The Ranger sales have been strong and they aren't going to walk away from that segment.

The Wrangler has a very loyal customer base and sells approximately 240,000 units annually. Ford planning for 120,000 units is more than reasonable and very aspirational to capture 50% of that market. Many would say 2 years ago that plan would be very aggressive. The underproduction is also a benefit for customers in the long-term. I can see a scenario where a customer purchases a Bronco from us and sells it for more than they pay for 6 months later. This will help residuals and trade-in values down the road as well.

2. Covid has messed things up and thrown a huge wrench into their plans. We are a Jeep dealership as well. I couldn't order any Jeep Compass SUVs or Renegade SUVs this month because of a microchip shortage. This is all tied to Covid supply issues.

The change in allocation methodology was certainly a surprise as it was not what we were told initially. If a dealership got 1000 Mach E reservations, to my knowledge they would receive those and not be limited. The Bronco blew away expectations on reservations and I don't think anyone at Ford would argue that they expected this overwhelming of a response. It is a good problem to have, but I won't argue there were missteps along the way certainly.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

P.S. To be fair, if I'm in your shoes I'm frustrated too.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks @Zach@Granger for the quick replies and always honest information. You guys at Granger are seriously the best. Much appreciated!

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like @Zach@Granger said, it's an estimate at this point and really up until at least March 19th up to May when Ford says exactly which orders they're committing to make as MY21 Broncos.

Dealer A could say today that they have X allocations and B6G member #2 says that he's X-10 in line with a 7/27 res date. Well, then a bunch of people with earlier reservation dates might switch to Dealer A and knock B6G#2 into a MY22 Bronco.

I wish Ford would disallow switching since that scenario is almost guaranteed to play out or at least a similar experience will happen.

*most volatile will be the last few around the allocation cut-off estimate
This is one of the reasons, I suspect, why dealerships supposedly have the ability to prioritize internally.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Efthreeoh
I sure hope not, but it is possible for any one dealer to have that many drop off. That’s why saying you are MY22 is just a guess, not a certainty.
It could very well happen too because each person (based on email address???) was/is allowed 2 current reservations. I wouldn't expect all of those folks to be buying 2 $$$ vehicles. Do you?

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I know is that I'm gonna make sure I find a dealer that doesn't know anything about this forum. Don't want them posting on here that they have some open slots for those 7/14 guys to slip in and take my spot. Maybe I'll find some backwoods dealer that barely understands the internet. ???
If any dealer would have open allocations, the system is broken for sure! The Broncos should go to the dealers that sold them! Period!

Willow

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I choose black shadow hard top for Bronco 2021, do u think it will arrive around Aug 2021? Hopefully in July ?

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I choose black shadow hard top for Bronco 2021, do u think it will arrive around Aug 2021? Hopefully in July ?
Hopefully that’s tongue in cheek. Anyway.. Without knowing Fords estimations on take rate of those tops and where you fall on the reservation number you can’t dictate that. I’d say right before or as ‘22 are rolling down the line in December.
Sponsored